FS: Sheaffer Legacy 1 - NEW - $95

terim

I just received my Legacy in the mail today. It is one beautiful pen. Now I'm anxious to put it to work. Thanks for your prompt response.

Joel

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terim

• enricof

• Vanrensalier

• Penman222

If one of these pens is still available I will take one. Please send Paypal request to r.hoff@comcast.net.

Thanks

Why oh why am I never in a position to buy a pen when Teri puts up such nice listings?

For what it's worth, I have one of these (from another source) and it is terrific -- well worth the price. A nice, brass-barrelled body with beautiful finish (lacquer, maybe?) and an 18k nib.

Thanks everyone, for the kind words and pen orders!

Yes, I think that's lacquer .... very rich, with such a nice warm feel.

I wish I had these in a nib other than medium, but alas I do not. However, I still have plenty, so if you haven't ordered one yet, follow the instructions in the original post and I will get one out to you.

Best wishes and happy collecting!

TERI

Do you have any other finish?? Deep-cut Palladium??

Thanks everyone, for the kind words and pen orders!

Yes, I think that's lacquer .... very rich, with such a nice warm feel.

I wish I had these in a nib other than medium, but alas I do not. However, I still have plenty, so if you haven't ordered one yet, follow the instructions in the original post and I will get one out to you.

Best wishes and happy collecting!

TERI

Up for a great seller, and for a screaming bargain in a modern version of the PFM.

These look great!

PM and Payment sent.

Hi, I would like to have one. Please email me the cost with shipping to Singapore? thanks

Regards,

owewe4 at gmail dot com

I got my pen yesterday and inked it immediately with Diamine Midnight Blue. It writes like a dream - this is a truly fabulous pen.

I want to thank Teri for giving such wonderful service (my transaction was via eBay). My pen was dispatched without delay, and came very well packed to withstand the long trip from USA to Malta. I was delighted to find that the package contained a lovely and useful gift from Teri in addition to the pen I had ordered.

No affiliation with Teri, except that I am an extremely satisfied customer.

Can anyone tell me the difference between this pen and a Shaeffer 330 FP? (Except for the asking price).

Thanks,

Bert from Holland

Edited by TheToadMen

'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.'

TheToadMen on Twitter (I'm on holiday August 1 - 16)

http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/ink_cat/di_orang.jpg http://www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/ink_cat/cd_amazo.jpg

Can anyone tell me the difference between this pen and a Shaeffer 330 FP? (Except for the asking price).

Thanks,

Bert from Holland

I am not an expert on either pen but I do have a 330 which I never use. The 330 has a steel nib, the Legacy 1 has an 18k Gold. The 330 is plastic, the Legacy 1 is lacquered metal, and the 330 uses cartridges or a press bar filler while the Legacy 1 includes the "Touchdown" filling system. The Legacy is also much bigger and heavier like a FPM. There is really no comparison between the two pens, and the current modern equivalent of the Legacy 1 sold by Sheaffer goes for a couple of hundred dollars.

Thanks,

Bert from Holland

I have a 330 that I use often. It looks and feels like a student pen meaning it is smaller and thinner compared to say a Parker51. As someone else mentioned the 330 is a plastic pen with steel nib compared to lacquered finish and 18k nib for Legacy. I dont have a Legacy but planning to get one from Teri.

This post is getting more and more tempting. Can someone let me know how thick the medium writes. I generally prefer a fine, but do like Sheffers, and the price is right.

Thanks.

Payment sent.

Control thy passions lest they take vengence on thee.

-- Epictetus (55-135 AD)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I agree about there being no comparison. I sell both and I'm super familiar with them. The 330 is much lighter, for one thing, and was not an expensive pen in its day. These Legacy 1s are very heavy and fat. A 330 era equivalent would have been the PFM V.

TERI

DEAR BUYERS, PLEASE NOTE:

Please note that I always send an email confirmation with shipping info. I'm trying to keep on top of these orders and hope I haven't missed any. (You can expect shipping within 48 hours.) However, if you have ordered and have not received an email from me, let me know so that I can look into it. Be sure and tell me your name and email address, as I am having a devil of a time matching FPN names to payments!

Your grateful pen pusher

TERI

To confirm Teri's comments: I have a Legacy I with Medium nib, and it writes a very healthy medium line, nice and wet and consistent. And this is a weighty pen: the body is lacquer over brass, cap is precious metal plated over brass. This just does not compare with any plastic-bodied pens.

In all respects, the Legacy I is superiour to the current Legacy Heritage: a better filling system and all US-made in Fort Madison, Iowa. And this price is far below the current street prices of the LH. I keep talking myself out of buying another, but may soon falter.

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files