• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Inky.Fingers

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

From one of last week's sessions:

Sheaffer Prelude 366 Copper M nib with Sheaffer King's Gold ink.

That is some text-book-quality handwriting: even, attractive, plainly legible, standard letter forms .... lovely.

---

Kenneth Moyle

Hamilton, Ontario

That is some text-book-quality handwriting: even, attractive, plainly legible, standard letter forms .... lovely.

Thank you so much for your kind words Kenneth! I'll soon post a more complete sample that perhaps better shows the things I am currently struggling with. For instance writing two consecutive l's, like in 'will'. I can't seem to get the two to resemble one another. In fact, the second one is almost always a failed version of the first one. At normal writing speed this is. Maybe it is a sign of something more fundamental I might be doing wrong, I don't know.

Ik houd van die gouden inkt daar! Wonderful color! I had forgotten how pretty that is!

Dank je wel! I must add though that this pen is a loaner, and I'm simply using the cartridge that was fitted. Apparently this ink is quite sought after since it was discontinued some years ago. It is a terrific colour indeed. Great shading, very readable, and it truly has a 'golden' feel to it.

~ Alexander

TwentyTwentySix.........Me Current Chicken Scratch...........

fpn_1454808005__cambodi_ahsixtynine.jpg

Fred

don't let the sun catch you cryin'

say good night...

...good nite...

Dank je wel! I must add though that this pen is a loaner, and I'm simply using the cartridge that was fitted. Apparently this ink is quite sought after since it was discontinued some years ago. It is a terrific colour indeed. Great shading, very readable, and it truly has a 'golden' feel to it.

Well, instead of gold, I've gone with bright red. Here's a view of Diamine Wild Strawberry in a brand-new Pelikan 710 Toledo pen:

post-113310-0-68903800-1454817691_thumb.jpg

post-113310-0-53558400-1454817665_thumb.jpg

Well, instead of gold, I've gone with bright red. Here's a view of Diamine Wild Strawberry in a brand-new Pelikan 710 Toledo pen:

attachicon.gif2016-02-06 22.34.37.jpg

attachicon.gif2016-02-06 22.38.16.jpg

Beautiful handwriting, full of character, and, of course, a gorgeous pen.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

Wow that's a gorgeous red! And a very goodlooking pen as well. Your 'q' is something I'm still working on myself. It's a great letter form, which I'd love to incorporate into my writing.

Edit: typo

Edited by Rednaxela

~ Alexander

fpn_1454920980__niethinfanfirethgifeerff

Fred

Sunday NYT Magazine Question

Have you ever sent or received a sext?

I don't know what a sext is [ ]

Yes [ ]

No [ ]

No iPads, no iPencils, no iPens. Just a great classic Waterman #994 in Mahogany Swirl. Oh, and if you could see the sheen on this Red Cashmere ink, you'd just melt...

post-113310-0-12064100-1455060379_thumb.jpeg

I've really held off of those scary, difficult Spencerian Capital Letters - Until Tonight !!!

They're not as bad as I thought. There's still lots of room for improvements.

http://www.richimages.net/Penmanship/IMG_1406.PNG

http://www.richimages.net/Penmanship/IMG_1409.JPG

Edited by richiwalt

No iPads, no iPencils, no iPens. Just a great classic Waterman #994 in Mahogany Swirl. Oh, and if you could see the sheen on this Red Cashmere ink, you'd just melt...

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=347978

http://www.richimages.net/Penmanship/IMG_1412.PNG Edited by richiwalt

richiwalt, I love your capital letters! They look so elegant.

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

12710840_1556861361291876_28411776451185

This is a sort of semi-formal writing, somewhat slower than usual handwriting...but then, I never need to write very fast since my job is done on a computer.

"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true..." (Carl Sagan)

attachicon.gifIk cultuur.jpeg

Great letters and layout in this sample. Thought-provoking text as well. :-)

~ Alexander

http://www.richimages.net/Penmanship/IMG_1412.PNG

Thanks for the encouragement. Your capitals are really fine. I ought to practice them more, and not be afraid to let them stand out —which is exactly what they should do, right? I am impressed by your control of the large curves. Good inspiration.

Great letters and layout in this sample. Thought-provoking text as well. :-)

It's from a small book intended for new Netherlanders who come from other cultures (especially from southern Europe, the Mid-East, Suriname, etc.) on how they can better understand the Dutch, and fit better into Dutch society. I am a little conflicted about the content of the book —I understand the good intention of it, but I also wonder if it's a good idea to reinforce stereotypes about a culture. Hmmmm.

Halloween: Gorgeous letters and the RED! Interesting even if I have no idea of the content.

richiwalt: Getting Spencerian with the tablet! Now let's see how broad you can get that shading on the Spencerian capital. :-)

I'm working on a few things with my writing. One project I have for another forum is to copy a letter written by someone else. I'm copying a wonderfully poignant letter from 1821 I purchased recently from a young woman to her brother-in-law upon hearing of her sister's death. It was written with a quill, and while not trying to completely copy the handwriting, I am trying to get into the style. It's more drawn out: low and long. And you have the different "d" and some interesting capitals. This is not ornamental writing but how someone wrote while in an agitated state, quickly and freely. I find the best nib for it is a small stub nib.

fpn_1455116694__image.jpg

fpn_1455116707__image.jpg

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

http://www.richimages.net/Penmanship/IMG_1414.JPG

Oops ... I see I misspelled "admire" - by forgetting the "m" ... :-)

Edited by richiwalt

12710840_1556861361291876_28411776451185

This is a sort of semi-formal writing, somewhat slower than usual handwriting...but then, I never need to write very fast since my job is done on a computer.

I try to WRITE everything - and limit typing on the thread - but, I'm at work ... and THIS is just TOO GOOD to not leave a positive comment on:

Love it !!!

Both the style, and the message is a joy to see. Post more of this!

Edited by richiwalt