Danitrio Fellowship Membership Post

jlepens

I am going to have them make a prototype first before doing bunch of them. This way we can take a look first and I can take orders then. Less of a financial strain for me. I am sure you will understand :-)

Best,

Kevin

Absolutely. Also, some people may not like the prototype. You are very kind to have spearheaded this for us, Kevin. Certainly nobody would want to put you out of pocket at all. Many thanks.

Kathryn

That makes perfect sense, Kevin. Though Mac and I will probably buy whatever is produced! :roflmho: .

:embarrassed_smile: "Basho, it has Basho on it. Where do I send the check??????"; she said in a fever! :embarrassed_smile:

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: New Pen!

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• winedoc

• jlepens

• mava

• Jopen

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to have them make a prototype first before doing bunch of them. This way we can take a look first and I can take orders then. Less of a financial strain for me. I am sure you will understand :-)

Best,

Kevin

Less of a risk for them, too, though I'm sure they'll come up with something good.

I look forward to seeing the photos of this weekend's pen posse, given that San Francisco is a bit of a long swim from here.

蛤のふたみにわかれ行く秋ぞ

I look forward to seeing the photos of this weekend's pen posse, given that San Francisco is a bit of a long swim from here.

I'm also impatiently waiting for those photos... and specially one with Ethernautrix expression in front of all Maki-e and Urushi pens... That must be spectacular!! :yikes:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3377063898_1eaf38aeda_o.jpg

The Danitrio Fellowship

Kevin...I was wondering if this fellowship pen will replace your LE pen for this year?

Most likely as I can only absorb one project at a time.... or rather, concentrate on one project at a time :-)

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Best,

Kevin

Absolutely. Also, some people may not like the prototype. You are very kind to have spearheaded this for us, Kevin. Certainly nobody would want to put you out of pocket at all. Many thanks.

Kathryn

That makes perfect sense, Kevin. Though Mac and I will probably buy whatever is produced! :roflmho: .

:embarrassed_smile: "Basho, it has Basho on it. Where do I send the check??????"; she said in a fever! :embarrassed_smile:

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: New Pen!

I'm trying to exercise "controlled restraint" here. I don't care if it's fluorescent pink. I want a custom Danitrio made for The Fellowship! :puddle: :notworthy1:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3377063898_1eaf38aeda_o.jpg

The Danitrio Fellowship

Kevin...I was wondering if this fellowship pen will replace your LE pen for this year?

Most likely as I can only absorb one project at a time.... or rather, concentrate on one project at a time :-)

Kevin

Let me put the screws to you Kevin:

1) Any guess as to the timeframe for this? Will it take a month? 6 months? A year?

2) Is this a response to the newly released mini Nakaya Decapod? If we looked at it would we get a little bit of a feel for what the Octagon will look like (can you tell we're all excited?).

I know I'm putting you on the spot so feel free to ignore if you wish.

the Danitrio Fellowship

Kevin

Let me put the screws to you Kevin:

1) Any guess as to the timeframe for this? Will it take a month? 6 months? A year?

2) Is this a response to the newly released mini Nakaya Decapod? If we looked at it would we get a little bit of a feel for what the Octagon will look like (can you tell we're all excited?).

I know I'm putting you on the spot so feel free to ignore if you wish.

Ignore fellow fellowship members... never! :-)

I will have more info for you as they are sending me the ebonite prototype, so I will have more info regarding the size. Danitrio understand the enthusiasm of the group and as soon as the Golden Week (big deal in Japan) is over, the artist will get to work. We may see the prototype by June if not earlier. He has told the artist that this is top priority. The artist will be Kosetsu san who is at the same level as artist such as Mr. Okazaki and Mr. Omote. He has done some very nice custom works for some of my customers. I'll post some photos soon.

Best,

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Kevin

Good to know! this way only save for one pen! (please tell me if you change your mind and I have to save for 2!)

nick

For sale: nothing!

Looking for: money!

To Buy: Visconti Titanium Skeleton, Omas Ogiva Demo (HT Piston filler), Stipula Etruria nuda, other demos :P

This is good for me as well.

I keep buying pens, and right now I have only $350 in my Paypal account. I'll have to really get busy over the next few months to afford one of these beauties (and you know that I have already made up my mind that this one of the most important purchases of the year, if not the most)...

the Danitrio Fellowship

1. jlepens (Joi- Southern California)

2. mava (Mac - Southern California)

3. jpr (JP - Philippines)

4. donwinn (Donnie - Little Elm (near and north of Dallas) TX

5. kiavonne (Kimy - Colorado)

6. Bearcat ("Doc" -- Great Lakes basin...but often in the SF Bay area..)

7. raillink (TM - England)

8. OboeJuan (Kathryn-Calgary, Alberta)

9. winedoc (Kevin - Nor Cal)

10. Doug C (Doug - New Mexico)

11. QM2 (TBA - Boston, USA and Vienna, Austria)

12. ethernautrix (Lisa - SF Peninsula)

13. Belan (James - Ohio)

14. mfvep1 (Dave - Texas)

15. jopen (Jose - Canary Islands) ... This is 2 times 7 ...

16. bdngrd - Minnesota

17. cmenice - (Chris - Massachusetts)

18. FrankB (Frank - Pennsylvania)

19. Kay (Kay - SE Pennsylvania)

20. pay (Phil - NYC)

21. troglokev (Kevin - Sydney Australia)

22. justinellis (Greensboro NC)

23. coldwater19 (Dominique - Chicago)

24. Siv (Siv - Texas)

25. soloworx (Chito - Philippines)

26. Carlos (Carlos - Philippines)

27. AltecGreen (Ricky - NorCal)

28. globetrotterjon (Jonathan, DC)

29. Wile E Coyote (Jon - NJ)

30. KenS (Pacific North Wet)

31. Deirdre (SF Peninsula)

32. Aslan (John - Atlanta, Georgia)

33. Ernest ( Singapore )

34. Desmonte (Desmond - England)

35. menick (quebec, Canada)

36. Kudzu (Northern California)

37. Dr.Grace (Don, SoCal)

38. Toidpen (Jose, Kansas)

39. Playpen (NY)

40. hardyb (Florida)

41. Brettman (Brett - SoCali)

42. Karin (SW Ontario)

43. Pengrump (Myra, East Coast)

44. pyrguy (Dwight, Ohio)

45. roger3 (Roger, Spokane)

46. Leigh R (Leigh, Philippines)

47. Lung7707 (Singapore)

Long Live the Scuderia

It was great meeting members of the Pen Posse today at Nihonmachi! Thanks for setting it up Lisa, you are a Pen Posse head honcho for sure :-)

At the meet today I unveil the prototype in raw ebonite which will be used as the pen base for our LE. It is a flat top octagon an offspring of Genkai and octagon!!

Once upon a time Mr. Genkai went on a date... meet Mr. Genkai

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Sales2/IMG_4151.jpg

He met Ms. Octagon and quickly fell in love... meet Miss Octagon

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Sales2/IMG_4152.jpg

They soon got married... wedding picture

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Sales2/IMG_4153.jpg

...and went on their honeymoon.... To keep it PG-13

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Sales2/IMG_4154.jpg

9 months later... little octagon is born

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Sales2/IMG_4155.jpg

Ahh... a faimily portrait...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Sales2/IMG_4156.jpg

The pen is actually not that much shorter than the full size octagon, maybe half inch shorter when uncapped. The pen shape reminds me of a "tanto"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Sales2/IMG_4158.jpg

Also, it is confirmed... having it with deep purple undertone is not a problem, just take a little longer! OK, I am pooped from having too much fun at the meet. More later :-)

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

YES!!! Looks fantastic! I want! :wub:

You just want everything! :ltcapd: :roflmho:

Of course! :eureka: Just like you pare! :ltcapd:

:headsmack: I've been found out!!! :bunny01:

Ah, that fresh ink on paper look!

I LIKE IT! I LOVE IT! I WANT SOME MORE OF IT! Thanks Tim McGraw.

To quote the seagulls from "Finding Nemo" "MINE. MINE. MINE. MINE. MINE. MINE.MINE. MINE. MINE.MINE. MINE. MINE.MINE. MINE. MINE."

It looks the perfect size for a change-up. And Deep Purple! Humm where is that album!

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

It was great meeting Kevin in person and trying out those Danitrio pens and admiring the artistry of the maki-e, and now I can join the Fellowship officially, being the proud owner of the BAT PEN!

(Kevin let me try out as many pens as I wanted...! I got to touch them all!) (I didn't lick any of them, though. There was that one, the one I thought looked kindv Russian... I was tempted to call dibs on it. Maybe eventually.)

Anyway, the prototype is very comfortable and is going to be a FABULOUS Danitrio Special Fellowship pen! I'm even more excited about it now that I've had a chance to try so many Danitrios and discover at last how overall fantastic they are.

Many thanks to Kevin for making that happen!

P.S. I love the photo-play of how the Fellowship pen came to be!

Edited by ethernautrix

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.