Rotring Newton (new) - which converter?

AlleyViper

First of all, hello to the forum!

Hi, can anyone help me on the converter that will better fit this FP with less struggle? It's the 2005 Model with the threaded barrel that leaves less room.

The Waterman 56010W or the Rotring 251300 (usually sold for Art Pens)? - or a better suggestion!

On ebay I've seen the Rotring one listed as non compatible, but the suggested waterman part looks to be quite similar.

I've already asked this question in this pen's review on another thread, but I guess making a new topic here is more appropriate. Unfortunately I can't delete the older post.

Thanks and best regards!

edit: put more clearly that it's a 3rd gen Newton

Edited by AlleyViper

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlleyViper

• satrap

• eilu

• coldman

I use Parker converters (those manufactured post Rubbermaid acquisition & merger). They are a slide-type with a little metal ball inside. It fits like a glove and I've had no problems.

I'm guessing the Art Pen's converter would also fit, because the Art pen and the 600 use Rotring standard cartridges- but because the Art Pen is longer, I'm not sure about the length of the converter (if it's standard length it should fit)

Dropbox online file storage

Using my referral link gives us both 500MB more free space

Consider signing up and helping me out.

First of all, hello to the forum!

Hi, can anyone help me on the converter that will better fit this FP with less struggle?

The Waterman 56010W or the Rotring 251300 (usually sold for Art Pens)? - or a better suggestion!

On ebay I've seen the Rotring one listed as non compatible, but the suggested waterman part looks to be quite similar.

I've already asked this question in this pen's review on another thread, but I guess making a new topic here is more appropriate. Unfortunately I can't delete the older post.

Thanks and best regards!

=============

http://www.tech-faq.com/emoticons/happiness/Content_27.gif

Hi and WELCOME!!

Just to add to the previous post, I thought it would be a good idea to keep this number handy (Waterman/rOtring/ blah blah blah Service Center): 1-800-BEST-PEN. Just in case you don't find the convertor you need, they should be able to help.

I have several rOtring Core pens, and even an art pen someone gave me, and they came with the convertor that was described by eilu.

diane

"... because I am NOT one of your FANZ!" the INTP said to the ESFJ.

Thanks for the answers and welcome!

Both converters are international size with similar length (2 7/8"), and are the ones I can most promptly get from eBay. Unfortunately I'm not from the US so I can't use that number.

It's just that this particular model has a threaded barrel and reviewers found it to be picky with some wider converters (even though it takes 2 small cartridges back to back), so given the slight differences that there might be between these two, I was asking which could give a better fit.

The Rotring 251300 was the one for sell in artpen converter boxes, and iirc came with the older 600 models, the waterman 56010W seems to be the most current one.

From that thread on the review forum, an user told that a Parker converter wasn't ok with ink coming out, I guess it's due to the wider Parker tip. Still, that slide pump model looks like it would fit for the rest of the body, but from that thread I can't tell which exact parts were users reporting success with as there are at least some variant widths in waterman models.

Edited by AlleyViper

I have the same pen. (Assuming you mean this one.) I use a Waterman converter, which seems to work well. I don't know any model number. A Pelikan converter will not fit, as it is too wide, even though both are “international” converters.

Edited by coldman

I have a Waterman converter in mine.

The converter for older Rotrings (my 600 has a wider mouth and will not make a snug connection with the nipple. The Rotring converters also have a wider piston knob and won't fit in the barrel correctly.

Who are the pen shops in your neighborhood? Find out or tell us where they are, at http://penshops.info/

Blog: http://splicer.com/

Thanks once again,

Today I had the referred waterman one on my hand (no chance to try), and it seems like it will fit as the piston knob is quite thin. I'll get one this week, as fortunately it's easily available around here.

I confirm that the Waterman worked fine!

At first when I was trying it loose on the barrel, the spring on top was pulled out, coming attached to the converter. But it seems like after pushing the spring back in place, this converter when installed won't mess with it.

• 2 years later...

Thanks. :thumbup:

What I find annoying with the Newton is the fact that the cartridge or converter needs to be removed to see how much ink is in it.

Don't take life too seriously

Nobody makes it out alive anyway

Hallo,

Rotring used to offer a converter ffitting the "Newton" (I mean the pen called "Newton", not the "600"). I don't know the parts number. I think Mr. Rolf Thiel at http://www.missing-pen.de still stocks these converters.

"We may always know what is right but not always what is possible." - John Ruskin