• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bob Cratchet

• Arasazi

• jwar2003

• kandcats

Nice review! I have a variety of purples, and this is one of them. Your scan looks true to color on my monitor.

I find it very well-behaved, even on crappy moleskine paper. I didn't like the colour much at first, preferring the darker, more subdued MB Violet, but lately I've been finding the MB kind of boring. I think I'll use this one next for a change!

Look like a beautiful purple. My daily ink is Burple or plain Waterman purple, but I may give this ones try, looks more plum and will be a nice variation. Thanks for reviewing the ink.

Thanks for the excellent review. Been looking for a new purple to supplement my Waterman and this looks like a winner. I didn't realize how deep and rich it is, really lovely.

I use it in a Stipula Vedo with a 1.1 mm steel Italic nib and the results are great.

Very nice review!

Edited by I am not a number

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

I like this purple as well, but it doesn't always behave in my Moleskines.

<span style='font-family: Georgia'><span style='font-size: 14px;'><strong class='bbc'> Stephanie "Biffybeans" Smith</strong></span><p><a href='http://www.biffybeans.com/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Blog: Spiritual Evolution of the Bean</a><p><a href='http://www.etsy.com/shop/biffybeans?ref=si_shop' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Purchase Stephanie "Biffybeans" Smith's Original Art on Etsy</a>

It is indeed an excellent purple and was probably my fav till I got MB violet.

I prefer MB violet cos its darker and dries a little faster but IP is still and excellent ink.

MB Violet :thumbup: Outstanding color, flow, and decent water-resistance.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

• 2 weeks later...
It is indeed an excellent purple and was probably my fav till I got MB violet.

I prefer MB violet cos its darker and dries a little faster but IP is still and excellent ink.

MB Violet :thumbup: Outstanding color, flow, and decent water-resistance.

This is by far my favorite Purple, I do have a little trouble however with it staining convertors

Living in an age gone bye

Thanks! Great, just freakin' great. The last thing I need is another purple ink. Now, this stuff looks so gorgeous I'm just going to have to get my paws on it. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Doubt it will dethrone my MB, but it looks to be a strong #3 after MB and Noodler's Purple Wampum. More purple... :bonk:

Thank you for the review. I like Diamine inks (particularly their Royal Blue), but I have not tried this one. Next trip to my ink supplier, I will pick up a bottle.

I agree! I love Diamine Imp Purple. Have had a bottle a while now and use it regularly. It seems to love my Moleskines too, which is a big plus for me.

A close 2nd IMHO is PR Tanzanite. It is sooo dark and brooding, rather like Heathcliffe!

I love purple ink and this is very nice. Thanks!

PS - I can't find my bottle of Noodlers black ink either.... I've torn apart my office and it is nowhere to be found. The curious case of the disappearing ink?

Very nice review - thanks! One of these days I'll be brave enough to do my own review, but for now, I'll enjoy the efforts of the adventurous souls that do. :) My favorite purple has got to be MB Violet (athough I've got a bottle of La Reine Mauve waiting to be tried) but I may have to give this one another go. I bought it about a year ago with a bottle of Waterman Purple - tried the Waterman, got purpled out for a bit and never got to the Diamine. Lately I've been in a purpley (is there a right way to spell that word?? :hmm1: ) mood, so it might be time to ink up something new.

Thanks again for the inspiration!

Mike

Flow good, ooze bad!

Mike

I agree the Diamine Imperial Purple is a great ink but I prefer the Waterman Purple. I've done tests of both side by side and I can say that if a paper/pen combo is going to show bleedthrough, it will be the Diamine that does it first. The Waterman also shows much better shading in a wet, broad writer. In fact, the calligraphy pens and dip pens I use with the Waterman purple show outstanding shading. The Diamine does have more magenta/red in it than the Watermans though which might appeal to some - the colour is much "plummier".

Both are fabulous inks though. Get a bottle of each!!!

• 1 month later...

I've raved about Imperial Purple before so I think my opinion on this ink is well known. That said, I'd like to try Waterman violet sometime.

Ya, very nice, very purplie.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right

to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers,

and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelation 22:14-15