Mont Blanc Jules Vern LE-review

goodguy

My newest Mont Blanc Writers Edition pen and I must admit this has been a very busy week.I got the MB Bernard Shaw on monday and this pen on friday.What can I say it was a good (and expensive) hunt.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/Picture025.jpg

As much as I was excited about the Shaw I am extatic about the JV (Jules Vern).This is my 5th WE pen.

Funny but for the longest time this pen was my least favorite WE pen and here I am holding it in my hands shaking from excitment.This pen has a quality that is beyond anything that a picture can convey (Bry dont EVER sell yours-EVER).

The conbination of sea blue and platinum plated body is breathless :puddle: the pen is simply stunning.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/Picture026-1.jpg

Like all my WE pens this is a pen that capped is not a light weight pen but the cap on these pens are heavy and once you take it off it take a big chunk of the pen of with it so when using it this pen is not a light weight pen but not a heavy one either.Its very comfortable in the hand with being buttm heavy (like all WE pens) due to the brass piston located at the end.

The pen of course is piston filled and the piston is very smooth and a step up from my 146/149 pens (its smooth on them too) and as I like saying its close to a Pelikan piston.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/Picture027-1.jpg

The nib is a F nib and this is where the second surprise is on this pen the nib feels much more like a F nib then my Shaws F nib.It doesnt feel like a M nib but like a generous F nib and this is wonderful as I like F nibs a bit on the fat side.I also love wet nibs and this nib is perfect for me.I found most MB new pens are wet out of the box and never dry.

How does the nib feels ?

AMAZING !!! Its hard to get me excited about nibs as my standards are way to high for most nibs but this nib is special,it has that special coctail of smoothness and feedback almost perfect and its god a nice flex to it too (very unusual on MB WE pens) this nib is close to my Paragon nib and only a side by side test will reveal to me which one is better.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/Picture028.jpg

Ladies and Gentelman I AM IN LOVE :cloud9: this pen has it all :drool: both beautiful design and amazing nib,the feeling of the pen in the hand is comfy and no wonder I see Judge Joe Brown use it all the time on TV.

The nib is beautiful and I love the amarine motif that is etched on it.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/Picture030.jpg

If you like MB or not a big fan of MB and can afford this pen get it.I repeat get it.This pen is beyond being a MB pen,it is an amazing piece of engineering.I dont know what you will like better looking at it or using it :thumbup:

Edited by goodguy

Respect to all

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goodguy

• troglokev

• HDoug

• prodigo is totus

That is mighty gorgeous. Thanks for the review.

Hey, where's the :meow: ?

Edited by PenTieRun

Quite a dazzling pen, but I'd have to join the others and ask about your cat's opinion. I almost hate saying this, but I look forward to your posts ... to see photos of your cat!

Doug

I concur. If your :meow: cat is having nothing to do with your pen, there is clearly something amiss. Should we avoid this pen, too?

Ok everybody ok let me explain what happened.My kids stayed at home today because it was a PA day.

My daughter chaces poor Zuzik all over the house and thats why I couldnt get his approval of the pen SO Monday morning they are all back to school and I will let my cat give a paw up or paw down of the pen and give you a picture or two to show his reaction ok ? :thumbup:

Respect to all

Congratulations Goodguy. This has always been one of my favorite writers' editions. The color is absolutely stunning, good to know that it performs as well as it looks. Mark

This space intentionally blank.

congrats ;) a fine and stunning limited edition MB that easily matches the david oscarson celestial

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I concur. If your :meow: cat is having nothing to do with your pen, there is clearly something amiss. Should we avoid this pen, too?

Ok everybody ok let me explain what happened.My kids stayed at home today because it was a PA day.

My daughter chaces poor Zuzik all over the house and thats why I couldnt get his approval of the pen SO Monday morning they are all back to school and I will let my cat give a paw up or paw down of the pen and give you a picture or two to show his reaction ok ? :thumbup:

Okay! I look forward to Zuzik's sage advice. It's a beautiful looking pen, one of MB's better-looking Writer's Edition pens. But if Zuzik goes :glare: at it, I wouldn't even consider one. Cats know these things.

Goodguy...

Great review. Like you, this was once one of my least favorite WEs but I've really come to appreciate it as one of the best WE designs. It is one of the rare metal WEs, it's color and pattern are mesmerizing, and it incorporates a great number of elements into the design (i.e., the blue ocean, wave pattern, dive helmet, etc.).

I've held the Verne but wasn't smart enough to pull the trigger and buy it. I'll be looking to add this and the Poe to my collection in the future.

Again, nice job on all of your reviews.

...Vintner

Goodguy...

Great review. Like you, this was once one of my least favorite WEs but I've really come to appreciate it as one of the best WE designs. It is one of the rare metal WEs, it's color and pattern are mesmerizing, and it incorporates a great number of elements into the design (i.e., the blue ocean, wave pattern, dive helmet, etc.).

I've held the Verne but wasn't smart enough to pull the trigger and buy it. I'll be looking to add this and the Poe to my collection in the future.

Again, nice job on all of your reviews.

...Vintner

Wellthe JV is readily available so its there for the picking when ever you want.

Respect to all

My kids are at school so my cat got the chance to try the Jules Vern and I didnt get a paw up I got TWO paws up,he went meow meow over it.For those who wanted to get the JV but waited for the expert recomendation well you got the highest felaine score and from my puss that means a lot :ltcapd: :bunny01:

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/Picture036.jpg

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/Picture037.jpg

Respect to all

My kids are at school so my cat got the chance to try the Jules Vern and I didnt get a paw up I got TWO paws up, he went meow meow over it. For those who wanted to get the JV but waited for the expert recomendation well you got the highest feline score and from my puss that means a lot :ltcapd: :bunny01:

That's good to hear. The Zuzik recommendation is essential!

Mine is in the mail! I can't wait!!

Good luck with the pen and I would love to hear from you how you like your JV.

What nib did you get yours ?

Respect to all

Very nice pen, and very compelling review.

Can you post picture of the top of the cap? I am curious as to how the MB logo looks on the pen.

Thanks!

Actualy not too big,I will post a picture on friday (if I will not forget).

Respect to all