Wahl Eversharp Rosewood Ringtop

Sallent

My Wahl-Eversharp Rosewood Hard Rubber Ring Top finally arrived from (bleep).com

FIRST IMPRESSION 4.5/5

What happened to my pen? It is so tiny that it took a while for my eyes to comprehend what i was looking at. This Wahl Rosewood (when used with cap unposted) makes a modern Pelikan M400 look like an oversized fountain pen.

The answer is in the ring top. Like the Waterman 52 1/2, this writting instrument was made to be carried in the coat pocket, ready to be used anywhere and any time by the gentleman who carried it. It is extremely light weight and portable, and the color lends class and style.

The rubber body feels so smooth and so so different from any other pen i have ever held, it is a great feeling. When capped this pen is somewhere around the size of a Pelikan M400. Clearly this fountain pen was meant to be used capped.

Half point off for the initial shock i received when i first saw the size!!!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z248/osall001/Wahlinhand.jpg

NIB 5/5

The nib is a Wahl #2, with quite a lot of flex, but because I do not have experience with a flex nib i have decided not to try the flex too much until i have learned (I may need practice with dip pens). Therefore am sorry, no images of great flex, but please trust me when i say that it is there! Also, the nib looks really nice, this picture does not do it any justice!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z248/osall001/Wahlnib.jpg

Ease of use/Reliability 4.5/5

With its light weight you can write for hours without getting tired. The cap posts well and balances perfectly, which is great because thats the only way one can write with it due to the small size of the pen uncapped. The lever mechanism works smoothly and its faster to fill than a modern Pelikan Piston Filler. Half a point deduction for the small size, if one is not careful I can think of a few scenarios where the small size can lead to unfortunate circumstances such as loss of pen, pen falling off hand/pocket....etc.

Style 5/5

Nothing says vintage like this beautiful pen. People around the office who normally avoid my "pen shows" actually came around and stared at it and asked questions. Everyone was impressed with the classical style and beautiful Rosewood pattern.

It looks 1920's, feels 1920's and well......it is in fact 1920's.

Durability 4/5

Here is where the Wahl Eversharp Rosewood looses some points. Hard Rubber is known to fade and become brittle when expossed to sunlight for long periods. Also, this baby will probably not survive a fall off a desk unscathed due to the nature of vintage rubber. In other words, if you are thinking of buying a pen like this one, treat with care and keep it away from too much sunlight!

Conclussion

Beautiful vintage fountain pen, great for writting and amazing to look at. If you are cosidering buying some vintage rubber fountain pens, this is "a must have" for any collection.

Thank you Dr. Isaacson from (bleep) for such a beautiful pen at such a reasonable price. I am 100% satisfied.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z248/osall001/WahlRosewoodthanks.jpg

Edited by Dr Ozzie

Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• girlieg33k

• Ondina

• Sallent

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the review. I have the exact same pen, purchased (as a set) last year, from Pen Haven. Unlike yours, mine has a manifold nib. Given the size of the pen (fits my hand perfectly) and the manifold nib, I use it in meetings when I often take notes, and require speed in my writing. I also have the #2 flex nib in another Wahl, and it is one of my favourite flex nibs. I love it and use it for journaling when I can take my time to write... Enjoy your new pen...

Talking about fountain pens is like dancing about architecture.

Lovely pen and great review. Looks very small but cute. And the rosewood color is awesome. Always interested on flex here, but no luck so far. Thanks.