Waterman kultur

Cloud

I bought this pen with the intention of transforming it inot an eyedropper eventually.

I will review in fonction of the price paid. I was around 20$ with shipping

First impression: 5/5 It came into a nice cardboard box. With instruction and clip to hold the pen. It came with a cartridge and no converter... (but I wont need any)

http://img.photoamp.com/i/mdZXc.jpg

Designt: 5/5 The pen is pretty much a phileas with not gold nor ornementations and is transparent! The feed unit is also transparent, so we can see the ink in the feed, which is pretty neat. The clip looks nice. The only flaw I see is that the cartridge is kind a mat... will fix that with silicon 100% in the near future. It is also pretty light being all plastic. Would be a good pen to write a long time with. Then pen is around the pelikan 200 or just a little bit bigger. Also it's clip cap, we will see in the future how that goes. Maybe in a month or more i'll try to post an update.

The Nib: 4/5 The nib is smooth(with the cartridge) but a little wide for a medium. The nib look nice with the pen, it's nothing too flashy. Steel design.

http://img.photoamp.com/i/tmXrXX8.jpg

Filling system: 3/5 well it's cartridge... It didn't come with a converter. I am going to transform in a eyedropper, all plastic, good for that purpose.

Overall, 17/20 I received the pen tonight.. so I haven't had chance to write extensively with it. But the little I have wrtie with it looks good.

I am really excited about this inexpensive pen. It certainly is a trill to see the ink in the feed. A lot of demonstrator don't really show that. I think they are discontinued so I would hurry to have a beautifull inexpensive full demonstrator.

Yé my first pen that I'll convert into an eyedropper when I get silicone!

Commit to be fit

ClaudeP.com

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlejoPlay

• sonia_simone

• Cloud

• RayMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought one of these about a week ago and I'm very pleased with it. I was planning to write a review. You beat me to it, but I think I'll still write one. Mine is transparent orange with a fine nib. It's a very smooth writer. I'm using Waterman Florida Blue in it and I'm very pleased with the results. I just wish that Waterman ink were a little more waterproof. Mine was advertised as a Phileas demonstrator. As you pointed out, the Kultur appears to be a Phileas without any gold trim or gold plating. The quality of the writing experience I get from this inexpensive pen makes me want to try other Watermans.

Hi Jonro,

Well, I think they are phasing out all the low end stuff. Charleston, Phileas, Kultur are to be discontinued. They want to become a brand associated with high end products...

I wish I had taken a fine nib. Oh well... Lately I have been complaining about nibs beying too wide... maybe it's me :blink:

I encourage you to wrtie more review. The more the better. People will be aware of these pen and have a better feel for what they want. I try to make a review of each pen I buy.

Commit to be fit

ClaudeP.com

They're not phasing out all the lower-end stuff.

I think the Expert II is still around. It's positioned a little lower than the Charleston I think, and has a gold-plated nib. I really wish they'd chosen to discontinue the Expert rather than the Charleston. :(

I love my Kultur.

I have the same transparent demonstrator. I've inked it with Noodler's Blue Black and Waterman South Seas Blue and it writes smoothly with both.

Who are your favorite vendors for Kulturs? I feel the need for one. Or two. Or three.

Isn't sanity really a one-trick pony, anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking! But when you're good and crazy . . . ooh hoo hoo hoo! . . . the sky's the limit!

--The Tick

I have two kulturs that are from year 2000 and they are very good writers.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I bought it from lewertowski for £9,79 GBP including shipping to canada. I don't know if he has any left. It was a buy it now price. Didn't feel like waiting and biding.

Good luck finding your Kultur!

Commit to be fit

ClaudeP.com

Who are your favorite vendors for Kulturs? I feel the need for one. Or two. Or three.

I bought mine from montgomerystationery on eBay. It looks like the price has been going up a bit on these recently. You can also deal with them directly via http://www.montgomerypens.com/. I bought a couple of other pens from them and I've been very pleased with their prices and their service.

Who are your favorite vendors for Kulturs?  I feel the need for one.  Or two. Or three.

I bought mine from montgomerystationery on eBay. It looks like the price has been going up a bit on these recently. You can also deal with them directly via http://www.montgomerypens.com/. I bought a couple of other pens from them and I've been very pleased with their prices and their service.

Montgomery will mark up their BUY NOW price on their auctions. Go to their website and purchase from them directly as they are cheaper there.

Just what I was hoping for, thanks much!

Isn't sanity really a one-trick pony, anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking! But when you're good and crazy . . . ooh hoo hoo hoo! . . . the sky's the limit!

--The Tick

Thanks for the review.

Have been itching to buy more pens since joining the forum (how could that be?)

Looks like I am going to join and go get me one, as well.

Shortie

I have two, a transparent red and a translucent purple, both purchased from that dealer on EBay who has so many. Both of mine are fine nib.

Actually I gave my one Phileas away today to an employee admiring it :blush: because I prefer the Kultur's more restrained styling, and I love being able to see ink supplies!

I'm going back to EBay to get a couple more to put up. They are remarkable pens for the price--and thanks for your review.

I just ordered a transparent orange and a transparent green. Because, well, I really need more pens.

:bonk:

--The Tick

• 1 month later...

My clear Kultur arrived from France along with the transparent blue model.

It is as beautiful as yours, but I got the fine nib. It's somewhat noisy with a scratchy sound, but not in the writing. I really, really like these pens--but of course they're so similar to the Phileas that's so popular.

Thanks again for your review, and I hope you'll update us with some pix of your eyedropper conversion!

I got a Waterman Kultur demonstrator (clear) a while back; new; but it came in a blister pack or card; not in a box like in this review. Do you know if there were 2 different packaging? Mine write beautifully but I'm curious as to the different packaging. The card has English, French, and I believe a couple more languages on it.

QUOTE (Cloud @ Feb 6 2007, 03:28 PM)

I wish I had taken a fine nib.  Oh well...  Lately I have been complaining about nibs beying too wide... maybe it's me blink.gif

Transparent "kristals" go for a slight premium on ebay. Buy a translucent Kultur F in any colour and swap the sections, which are always clear. The F I got was a little scratchy (comparing it to my classic Sheaffers and what have you) but turned to glass with some tweaking on 12000 micromesh.

Edited by meanwhile

- Jonathan

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say I love my Kultur, too. The F-nib is more like a vintage F/M in my opinion and it was very smooth and perfect from the beginning. Apart from a Wality, this is my only non-Sheaffer pen and the only one I've ever owned that writes as perfectly as a Sheaffer. happycloud9.gif

• 5 months later...

:meow:

Hi Cloud,

i am waiting on the delivery of a Waterman demonstartor from ebay seller. I guess it is a Kultur.

Did you eventuall end up using yours as an eyedropper?

Seems like a great idea.

If so how did t work out?

Armchop