Mini Review: Hero 330 and Beifa AC9972

yarek

Hi,

I have something for you, hope you like it ;)

http://www.yo-yo.pl/Part1.JPG

And some photos of the Hero ;)

http://www.yo-yo.pl/Hero1.JPG

http://www.yo-yo.pl/Hero2.JPG

http://www.yo-yo.pl/Hero3.JPG

One more to go ;)

http://www.yo-yo.pl/Part2.JPG

2 more photos:

http://www.yo-yo.pl/Beifa1.JPG

http://www.yo-yo.pl/Beifa2.JPG

The last one: from the left: Beifa, Hero and Rotring 600

http://www.yo-yo.pl/all.JPG

Sorry for the writing, my hand awfully aches, but I had to write it ;)

Sailor 1911 | Pilot Capless | Waterman Expert | Montblanc 149

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dillo

• yarek

• kissing

• Ashland

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are Beifa nibs on my Smiggle mini fountain pens from Australia.

Hi,

Those Smiggle pens are also a Beifa product.

It is a Beifa Liquidly FS200800GG.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Does anyone import Beifa fountain pens into the U.S.?

Yarek, thank you for the review. I so envy people who can get good quality, inexpensive fountain pens.

Dillon, where can I learn more about the Beifa Liquidly FS200800GG?

Edit: Never mind; I answered my own question.

http://www.beifa.com/En/proview.php?p_id=89

Ashland

Edited by Ashland

From a personal experience on Smiggle pens (Beifa nibs), I found the quality control not so good. If you end up with a good one, fantastic~~but nevertheless~~Brown Paper bag will fix it up :)

VERY cheap pens (probably the cheapest ones Fountain Pendom has to offer)

Hi,

Not really the cheapest. There are still cheaper pens. The Sailor Ink pen costs 80 cents if I read it correctly and so does the Platinum e-pen. The still even cheaper pens though.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Woah, how did you find Hero 330 pens for 75 cents? But the Hero 329 is one of my favorite cheapie pens.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Hi,

In China, you can get them cheap. I got some 616 pens for about a dollar each. :)

I have, as usual, a hankering for low cost, good quality pens.

Dillon

Dillon

When it comes to brown bag trick: it works with Hero 330 quite well. Nib is better now. I have 3 of them. All of the I use as a pen that is always on the desk, when I have to note something quickly and my Rotring is in a bag or in a jacket that is in a different room :)

When it comes to Beifa. I bought that pens because I read about the Smiggles :) I have two Beifas (one black, one blue), nibs are identical on both.

Neither Beifa nor Hero are my favourite pens. But I don't regret having bought them ;)

I just spotted some more Beifa nibs. I was at one of those Korean stationary stores that sell cute asian girly stationary equipment (brands such as "Morning Glory", etc that young girls should be familiar with) and found some fountain pens. For those of you's in Australia who know about "Smiggle" pens, these ones I found are EXACTLY the same as them, except they come in different coloured barrels and designs :) I didn't buy any though...Smiggle pens are $2 AU...These were $5 and I didnt have any money on me at the time <_<

post-34-1154785308_thumb.jpg

Edited by kissing

• 1 year later...

Thanks for this review Yarek. I don't know how I missed it.

I also have similar (same shape different logos) BEIFA pens bought from Tesco, in this case in the Czech Republic. I have several in different colors (especially like the cobalt blue, looks beautiful), and they are reliable, smooth nibs at a great price.

Woah, how did you find Hero 330 pens for 75 cents? But the Hero 329 is one of my favorite cheapie pens.

As for the "Hero" pen for 75 cents, does it really say "Hero"?

I ask because I have bought various pens at Interspar and Tesco in Prague that look exactly like yours but say HERB 330 (cost about 30-75 cents on different occasions, 8-15 Czech Crowns). They are also Chinese, but I take it that HERB is a HERO imitiation.

The HERB 330 was extremely cheapy looking and wrote rough for me. However, the HERB 329 I got at Interspar is better looking (brushed aluminum cap instead of the gold color), also slightly larger, and has a nib smoother than any Parker 51 I've tried. I went back and bought a few more. Again, quality control varies, some are smoother than others. But this was a great find for the price...

Edited by stypen

It's nice to hear that you like the review ;)

I believe it's Hero, but there is a chance that it is Herb (I really think it is O rather than B). I bought mine in Tesco.

There is a problem with those pens. They dry very fast when unused. Apart from that, they are hard to beat in that price range. :)

Jarek

• 5 months later...

Today, I bought two 330 and three 331, but the brand was not Hero, it was actually Hover H330 and Hover H331. Maybe Hero's Imitation or just one of the many brands that Hero owned. They looked exactly the same, and performed well also. They all wrote a very fine line, good flow and not too wet. I tested them with Hero's ink, hard to find now. Really very happy about this. Very cheap, the pens cost Rp 10,000 (Indonesian Rupiah) (US$1.09) and the ink only Rp 5,000 (US$0.55).