Montblanc Seasons Greetings 2007

withoutink

You can find the full review on my blog, here is a direct link to the full review: Montblanc Seasons Greetings 2007 Ink Review (Scented Ink)

Scented inks, not a super huge fan of them. Most of the time scented inks smell extremely artificial, at least that's my opinion. Montblanc Seasons Greetings 2007 Scented ink was released for the 2007 holiday season. Its been around, its limited so when they run out its gone. The bottle is not the standard one they sell most of their inks in. Its more like the shape of a miniature cauldron. It also comes with a bit less 30ml instead of the standard 50ml. Understandable, since it is a limited edition… The scent does actually smell like vanilla, a tiny bit artificial, but not bad by any means. The scent doesn't seem to linger at all very much. I cant imagine it lasting for more than a couple of hours in an envelope...

Read more on my blog... http://www.withoutin...007-ink-review/

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4002/4179580415_7a0da2c632_b.jpg

Sorry for the typo [jinhao]...not [jinghao] ;)

Edited by withoutink

Cheers-

withoutink

"Do Nothing Which is of No Use." - Musashi Miyamoto (Ancient Swordsman from the 1600's)

withoutink.com | twitter | facebook

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• andyd1

• etzbseder

• RitaCarbon

• Milan

I too am not a great fan of scented inks, and am glad that the scent dissipates quickly. This might be a good red color ink as I am in Dubai so can find a dealership who can make me a good price. I think Sinhalese would look beatuful with this ink.

I'm new here.

The bottled ink has a stronger smell than the cartridges, but it's an overall great ink. I LOVE the color. It's bright enough to e fun, yet dark enough to use in place of a normal blue or black.

I have the 2006 cinnamon-scented brown ink. If feathers terribly even in fine nibbed pens. The smell dissipates very quickly which I do not like. I was hoping it would make my snails smell all cinnamony (is that a real word?) but it doesn't.

I was quite disappointed with the bottle too. Its a real pig to open without spilling which some guys here will testify to!

It's lovely in my 145 EF. I really should go to my local shop and buy some if there's any left...

I have this ink, and I love it very much. I used it to write my greeting cards this holiday season.

I am happy to see its review here. Thank you very much for the great work you've done with it.

Rita

• 2 years later...

I'll go along with that. The colour is nice but the scent is in fact a bit artificial.

I find that both of the Season's Greetings 2005 (= 2006) and 2008 (= 2009) smell much more realistic... and I actually also find their colours more interesting (completely independent of their scent-virtues).

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

If anyone knows another ink that nearly looks the same, please let me know. I've been browing the ink reviews here for a few hours and still haven't foudn something similar.