J Herbin Rose Cyclamen

withoutink

The full review can be found on my blog, here is a direct link to the review: J Herbin Rose Cyclamen Ink Review

The nitty gritty:

Fabulous ink, amazing color, it screams to be used. Not a ink I would have thought about using at first, but I am now in love with it. Cant wait to see it in a broader nibed fountain pen.

I highly recommend this ink!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2629/4178171778_966bfd8b52_b.jpg

I purchased this ink from: Peartreepens.com (Fountain Pen Ink Samples Program)

Edited by withoutink

Cheers-

withoutink

"Do Nothing Which is of No Use." - Musashi Miyamoto (Ancient Swordsman from the 1600's)

withoutink.com | twitter | facebook

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• withoutink

• indigirl

• GouletPens

• LexieS

Great review! The color in your scan is very accurate. It's one of my favorite bright inks.

Thanks I scanned it at very high DPI as a TIFF, resized & converted it to a PNG24 in Photoshop. It seemed to keep the colors very real and true. Glad you enjoyed the review I have at least 15 or so to go =)

Cheers-

withoutink

"Do Nothing Which is of No Use." - Musashi Miyamoto (Ancient Swordsman from the 1600's)

very nice review and I agree, your scan looks very accurate on my monitor.

I like this ink, but it runs wetter than I really like and gets a bit feathery. I think I need to try it in some drier pens. It certainly does liven up a page.

Thanks! I would agree it does run a little wet. Sorry I missed that Im, still a novice at the review process ;)

Cheers-

withoutink

Wow, that is a nice color! That's the first I've seen it in a review, love it!!

Brian Goulet</br><a href='http://www.gouletpens.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>www.GouletPens.com</a></br><a href='http://twitter.com/GouletPens' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>GouletPens on Twitter</a></br><a href='http://blog.gouletpens.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Goulet Pens blog</a>

• 1 year later...

I have this ink & love writing with it, but I must say that it takes for-freakin-ever to flush out of a pen! More pink just keeps coming out... :gaah:

Ironically (or not) my inspiration for buying it was a garment of the same color, worn by an acquaintance who happens to be both beautiful & a bit clingy, just like the ink :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

This is one of my favorite inks. I love the bright color, it is not as harsh as a red, but it is most definitely not a dull color. I agree that it is a bit of a pain to flush out, I have noticed that a lot with my more saturated inks.

Finally, a place where being obsessed with pens and paper is the norm...

I LOVE this ink - I keep it in a nice wet M nibbed Lamy Safari (Pink, of course). I didn't know about the flushing issue (I've kept it in this pen as a sort of dedicated thing) - that's good to know.

Of course, I have that some problem with my other pink/red inks (it took FOREVER to get one of the pink Iroshizugu inks out of a pen), so I guess it's not a surprise...

I think I'll go play with that Pink Safari now... :bunny01:

Kushbaby

I like eating peanuts with chopsticks...

• 5 years later...

I bought this based mostly on your review and, YES! The ink is exactly the color of your scan on my monitor.

I tried it first by dipping the nib of a fine Baoer and writing a few lines on 2 different papers. Satisfied with the color, I filled a cart and put it in an Herbin rollerball. The line from the rollerball is a bit thicker, making the color a teeny tiny bit darker and so even more in-your-face intense. I like it!

The only thing I'm not sure about the descriptor 'pink' - when I think 'pink', I think carnation or shell, something delicate. I'm not sure what else you'd call it, though, so I guess pink will have to do.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.