Pelikan M215 Lozenge Review

Parkermaniac

Well, this being my first fountain pen review that I post on the FPN, I decided to make it a special one. I recently ordered a Pelikan M215 in the pattern that I liked, the Lozenge one from Isellpens.com (no affiliation, just a very consistently satisfied customer), and thought that this pen would be perfect to review.

First Impressions/Appearance and Design: 9/10

http://i33.tinypic.com/2nk3peh.jpg

Wow, the box is even impressive looking. I enjoyed the sleek look.

http://i37.tinypic.com/21abk9l.jpg

Ah, the pen. It has a wonderful Art-Deco feel to it. The design is timeless and classy. The only reason that I did not give it a full 10/10 is that the pen was smaller than I expected it to be.

Nib & Performance: 10/10

I truly love this nib. This nice wet medium nib was working properly the second I filled the pen up with ink. I always flush my pens before I ink them and this time was no exception. The smaller size than expected does not affect writing at all! I feel that this pen's design is perfect for the job. I also heard that this pen was uncomfortably heavy. WRONG! Maybe in comparison to the M200 it is, but this weight is just wonderful for large amounts of writing. This pen writes very smoothly with Pelikan Blue-Black ink The in hand feel was very odd before posting the cap though.

http://i33.tinypic.com/lxw0g.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/xbsdl.jpg

Filling System: 10/10

Go piston fillers! The piston fill is my favorite type of filling system. This pen holds a generous amount of ink and would probably last me several days of writing. Another note, this filler is the smoothest thing I have ever used to fill a pen. Hands down, my favorite filling system of all time.

http://i33.tinypic.com/n1dxu0.jpg

Cost and Value: 10/10

This high quality, German, solid, piston filling pen, was only $90. Very good deal. I feel that this pen is worth much more than the price.

Conclusion:

This pen is definitely in my favorites. I love every single part of it. I love the way it writes, it's look, it's filling system, and it's heritage. This pen is going to be a keeper in my rotation.

http://i36.tinypic.com/24ca1ab.jpg

-Nate

Edited by Parkermaniac

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."

-Oscar Wilde

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bull Winkle

• Parkermaniac

• tanburi

• Ru4scuba

This high quality, German, solid, piston filling pen, was only $90. Very good deal. I feel that this pen is worth much more than the price.

That's the best compliment for a today's fountain pens. In a world of overpriced precious resin stick, the Pelikan value stands out in my opinion.

Cheers,

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

I bought the exact same pen as my first "nice" fountain pen and I couldn't agree more. It has a simplicity to its design that only adds to its elegant look.

And it writes nice :)

Beautiful pen. What year is the make?

When I want a consistent pen, I always end up using the Pelikans.

You WILL enjoy this pen.

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

Beautiful pen. What year is the make?

When I want a consistent pen, I always end up using the Pelikans.

You WILL enjoy this pen.

I will tell you the truth. To say I am enjoying it is an understatement. I LOVE it with a passion. I used it to write many pages over the past few days and it still has ink from the first fill! Truly something wonderful here.

-Nate

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."

-Oscar Wilde

My 215 is my favorite FP. Period.

Let courage rise with danger, and strength to strength oppose.

There is no snooze button on a cat wanting breakfast.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I just purchased one in Blue/Black and agree completely with your review.

What a great writer. Pen arrived on Wednesday and I immediately inked it with Herbin Eclat de Saphir. Been writing with this pen exclusively since it arrived and it still has ink from the first fill. You have to love the piston filler!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased one in Blue/Black and agree completely with your review.

What a great writer. Pen arrived on Wednesday and I immediately inked it with Herbin Eclat de Saphir. Been writing with this pen exclusively since it arrived and it still has ink from the first fill. You have to love the piston filler!!!

Awesome reply...thanks for posting!

Chris

I too have a Pelikan 215 m blue black and agree, very much classic, and it writes really well. I also love piston fillers.

Lamy 27 OM,Lamy 99 M,Lamy 68 B,Lamy 2000 EF

Pilot MYU 90 M,Pilot VP Raden M,Pilot Custom 74 M,Pilot Blue Decimo B

Pelikan 205 Blue Demo B,Pelikan 215 Lozenge W 14K two tone M

Rotring 600 1st gen OB

Delta Dolce Vita Piston M

I imagine a white M215, with metal bars same as the ones in the Blue-Black version, and a black cap.

Cogitamus non ideam sed per ideam.

That's the best compliment for a today's fountain pens. In a world of overpriced precious resin stick, the Pelikan value stands out in my opinion.

Cheers,

+1. Absolutely!

Man...reading all these reviews really has me jonesing for my blue black M215 from the wife.

Can't wait and when I get it, I'll post my own review just for more pics for everyone!

Thanks again for the info.

Chris

Man...reading all these reviews really has me jonesing for my blue black M215 from the wife.

Can't wait and when I get it, I'll post my own review just for more pics for everyone!

Thanks again for the info.

I have the Blue Black m215 with medium nib. It is the only Pelikan I own, got it to check out the Pelikan through this model and I love the pen. It is my second piston filler my first was the Lamy 2000. I think piston filling is my favorite filling system.

Lamy 27 OM,Lamy 99 M,Lamy 68 B,Lamy 2000 EF

Pilot MYU 90 M,Pilot VP Raden M,Pilot Custom 74 M,Pilot Blue Decimo B

Pelikan 205 Blue Demo B,Pelikan 215 Lozenge W 14K two tone M

Rotring 600 1st gen OB

Delta Dolce Vita Piston M

Yes! Yes! Yes! :clap1:

I own one and couldn't agree more. It is truly a special pen.

Soli Deo Gloria!

Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out!

Nice review! :) I have the exact same 215, been using it daily for the past 16 months. It hasn't skipped a beat. My ink of choice is the Noodler blue-black. I think my pen needs to go in for a service, as it's started to develop a slight leak at the section. And the clip as become loose –but other than that, this pen is a excellent work horse! I absolotely love the classic art-decco decor :wub:

Kind regards,

• 7 months later...

Nice review. This pen is one of my favorites and is used daily. Looks classy and writes great.