Pelikan M620 Grand Place

goodguy

As a MB fan I always said I have the atmost respect to Pelikan pens.

Some people see Pelikan as the other quality German pen maker and they are correct but I see no problem in liking both MB and Pelikan.

I wanted a pen that will be smaller then the M800 (which I had in the past) and biger then the M400 so the M600 is the natural pen to get.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/Picture002-22.jpg

When I found the M620 for sale I thought to myself what a great idea, get an M600 size pen but beautiful and unique.

And let me tell you the Grand Place is indeed stunning!!!

The colour swirld are breath taking.

Deep blue and shinny brown combination makes this pen simply stand out.

There is nothing I can say about this pen except look at the pictures and let me tell you this the pen is much more beautiful in real life with its deep stunning colours.

Other then that you are looking at an M600 with an 18K nib and good that its so.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/Picture003-18.jpg

The pen is light weight feeling very natural and comfortable in the hand.

I love the balance of this pen and I am glad it uses a plastic piston and not a brass piston as it gives the pen a very light and fast writing charestaristics.

Just like all opther Pelikan pens the piston is super smooth and the pen draws a nice amount of ink into its belly.

Simply a classic Pelikan on this aspect.

The F nib is rather on the small size and very stiff but it is smooth with a hint of a tooth which makes for a nice feedback but with very little sacrafic only in the smoothness department.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/alfa170a/Picture008-12.jpg

Conclusion

This pen is going to be a user and I know I will get very positive feedback on it.

It matches my writing style and I see myself using it for a long time.

I would have been even happier if the nib was a bit flexier but like most Pelikan nibs they tend to be on the nail side.

Respect to all

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goodguy

• PAKMAN

• Underskoterskan

• breaker

The 600 Pelikans are my favorite because the size is just right for me. They're generally too expensive for me, but I got a Grand Place when the pricing at Fahrneys got crazy and they were selling it for $180 (for a while). I put a Binder .5mm cursive italic on it and it's the perfect writer for me. I now have it loaded with Noodler's Nakahama Manjiro (the reddish first batch).

http://homepage.mac.com/hdougmatsuoka/images/pen/grandplace.jpg

I got a polishing kit (with polishes and wax) from Tryphon and noticed it really increased the depth and translucence of the pen. This photo just doesn't do it justice.

Doug

Uh-oh! I knew it had to happen sometime. Tzutzik wants a set of Pelikan Cities.....

John

Cheers to this unexpected turns in your collection!

So: do you like it best than the M800 for size and weight?

Ciao,

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

The Grand Place and the Piccadilly Circus are my favorites of the Cities Series -- photos cannot do justice to the depth and lustre of the materials. THe Grand Place is quite stunning - ENjoy! HP

The sky IS falling. C. Little

IMHO The Grand Place is the best looking Pelikan!

Nice Review!

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

Very nice. I am looking for the Madrid Fountain Pen, this one is actually also very beautiful.

As long as it is authentic it has style

Cheers to this unexpected turns in your collection!

So: do you like it best than the M800 for size and weight?

Ciao,

I can't speak for GoodGuy but I find the 600s and the 800s two very different yet each near perfect. The 600s are smaller and lighter, about the same length as the Conway Stewart 58 while the 800 is more like the Conway Stewart 100. The weight is not as big a difference as I expected since the balance is near perfect on both the 600 and 800.

My Website

• 3 months later...

Looks like a wonderful writer. I don't see the .5mm cursive italic nibs on Binder's site, only .7mm models. Did you have that custom ground?

Looks like a wonderful writer. I don't see the .5mm cursive italic nibs on Binder's site, only .7mm models. Did you have that custom ground?

This is a F nib and currently on sale in the marketplace.

Respect to all

The Grand Place is my favorite 600 series pen!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• 8 months later...