Omas 360 Burkina, Burkina Bologna, and Paragon in Arco and HT

upscalebohemian

My Omas 360 Burkina arrived in today's mail. I had never actually seen this model in person but always thought it looked a little weird in photos. I bought one to store away anyway because of the Burkina finish, and I was glad I did. It's really beautiful in person, smaller than what I'd imagined, and the triangular section is really comfortable to hold.

I'm not sure how it writes (since I have no plans to ink it), but it seems like it would benefit from a rotatable nib (like my Parker Premiere in Laque de Chine finish).

All the reviews I've seen mention how HUGE this pen is, so I was expecting something gargantuan. In reality, with the cap off, it's only about 1/4" longer than the Omas Bologna.

The Omas Bologna Burkina, by the way, has a metal section that seems too tiny and slippery (also never inked, so I can't say how it is to write with), but it lacks the heft and weight of the metal sections of the Omas 360 and the Omas Paragon (since 2005) -- both of which I really love.

The Omas Paragon in Arco and High Tech is still my favorite pen of all time (and writes beautifully). Unfortunately I don't have time to do an image of it that really captures what the light does inside the celluloid, so this pic is just for size comparisons.

Well there you have it. I have my three coveted pens now and am done pen collecting. I learned early on that buying exactly what you want is a great money saver because few other pens I might have bought compare to what I already have.

There's a nice review of the Omas 360 Burkina at Stylophiles here:

http://www.stylophilesonline.com/05-05/05burk.htm

Enjoy!

post-7549-1250551191_thumb.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upscalebohemian

• Ghost Plane

• Doug C

• roger3

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beautiful pens!

I am fortunate to have a Burkina Paragon as well as Black Paragon and several 360s. All of them are extraordinary and all of them are keepers!

You done good!

Edited by MYU
removed full quote of original post

May you and those you love, be always blessed with peace and never ending joy.

Roger

Thanks, Roger. I just wish the Paragon in Arco looked like it looks in person. :) Other than that the image pretty much captures what the Bologna finish looks like in reality, but not the Arco (at all). Bad camera. :)

Lovely.

I have the Arco in the Milord size (I need for it to have the celluloid section and be a little lighter, but that is subjective).

The 3 together are really striking. Omas still knows how to make a pen write great.....

And I agree, you just can't capture the look of the Arco in photos.

Edited by Doug C

the Danitrio Fellowship

This 360 is absolutely amazing. And I almost exclusively love black pens. Congratulations!

Edited by adam11

You my friend, do not know what you are missing. The 360 and Bolonga are wonderful pens and look exquisite in the Burkina celluloid. You can bet mine are inked and ready to go.

A. Don's Axiom "It's gonna be used when I sell it, might as well be used when I buy it."

let my signature speak for itself. Thanks for the review.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

superb pens :)

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 2 weeks later...
... is this the magnum or full size? Also, what kind of nib do you have installed?

It's the full sized 360 Burkina, and the Bologna Burkina only came in the one size. The 360 has a fine nib and the Bologna has a medium nib.