Top Posters In This Topic

• jldmen

• dobro

• WendyNC

• tim atherton

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
This looks like the shade of purple that I like best. The only problem might be the bleedthrough. Thanks for the review.

She who laughs, lasts 61106869_10219479460406206_6753598647167

post-23740-1239351801_thumb.jpg

I've had a couple of samples of this from Pear Tree, and both seem extremely washed out, nothing like in the reviews. Maybe I just need to buy a bottle....

I am missing my favorite emoticons on the new site - boo-hoo! :unsure:

Nakaya Piccolo Heki Tamenuri 14K XF

Nakaya Ascending Dragon Heki 14K XXF

Sailor Brown Mosaic 21K Saibi Togi XXF

Sailor Maki-e Koi 21K XF

Pilot Namiki Sterling Silver Crane FP

Bexley Dragon XXF

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

Thank you for the review. From the sample, however, I'm not feeling any inclination to switch from Private Reserve Tanzanite. The PR ink has a better look and handles wonderfully.

I do not need another purple ink. I do not need another purple ink. I do not need another purple ink.

That was strictly for my own benefit. Thanks for the review.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

I like Concord Bream, but admittedly I bought it initially for the bottle! To me it looks a bit more lilac-y than this scan...but that could be my laptop screen. One review compared it to the lilac purple jellybeans you see a lot around Easter, and I think that nailed the color!

Lee Hiers, AA4GA

"Have Dobro Will Travel"

I was a little disappointed with Concord Bream - which is in contrast to my experience with most Noodler's inks. In a variety of pens I've found it looks quite a bit more washed out than in this test. But most of all I've found that it feathers - often quite badly - on almost all the the papers I've used it on, including those that are normally great with most inks; Clairfontaine papers, Rhodia pads, Lalo writing paper and Fabriano notebook paper are a few.

I also did not like the way if feathered. I was using it in a Lamy 2000 with a fine nib. I am wondering if it behaves better with an even finer nib where it lays down less ink. Until I get a chance to try it there it is on my list of do not use inks.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, my bottle of Concord Bream looks nothing like the scan! It's primarily blue with a hint of purple. I still like it very much. Need to have good paper for this ink though, or write really fast if its on <potty mouth> legal pad. Luckily it's behaving well in a Parker 100 with an M point on the paper pads I got from Richard Binder, so I feel like there is hope to find the perfect pen/ink/paper combo for this.

Edited by StephY

Looking for an Omas Arco Verde...the one that got away.

• 1 year later...

post-23740-1239351801_thumb.jpg

I've had a couple of samples of this from Pear Tree, and both seem extremely washed out, nothing like in the reviews. Maybe I just need to buy a bottle....

I am missing my favorite emoticons on the new site - boo-hoo! :unsure:

Wow, my bottle of Concord Bream looks nothing like the scan! It's primarily blue with a hint of purple. I still like it very much. Need to have good paper for this ink though, or write really fast if its on <potty mouth> legal pad. Luckily it's behaving well in a Parker 100 with an M point on the paper pads I got from Richard Binder, so I feel like there is hope to find the perfect pen/ink/paper combo for this.

I was looking for a light purple, so tried a bottle of Concord Bream from a seller on eBay. I agree, it looks nothing like the samples shown here. But it's just what I wanted. It's a beautiful shade of light purple, close to what I would call amethyst. And it just flows so smoothly. No skipping at all. I had tried Private Reserve Purple Mojo and Fast Dry Tanzanite. Both very nice, but way too dark for what I was looking for. Then I tried Private Reserver's Purple Haze. That was too light and washed-out looking, plus it just didn't flow very smoothly. Lots of scrathiness and skipping. So then I tried Everflo's Orchid. Color very nice, and very, very close...almost indisguishable...from Noodler's Concord Bream, but same flow and skipping problem as Purple Haze. Concord Bream is perfect. Just the right color and flows like oil. I'm new to this, and it's really amazing to me how the same pen can behave so differently with different inks. There must be significant differences in the formulations. Jerry