The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

DIY slotter trays

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Chthulhu

Chthulhu

Rawr.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 16:11

Mario,

A look at the original poster's profile shows that she hasn't been on here in more than two years, so the likelihood of recovering those images is pretty poor. :-/

A Google search for "diy pen trays" looks promising, though.

Edited by Chthulhu, 27 July 2011 - 16:14.

Mike Hungerford
http://goo.gl/dUVnUZ

Sponsored Content

#22 fronsac

fronsac

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2011 - 17:30

Mario,

A look at the original poster's profile shows that she hasn't been on here in more than two years, so the likelihood of recovering those images is pretty poor. :-/

A Google search for "diy pen trays" looks promising, though.

thank you for the reply, i was afraid of that, i.e., that the author hasn't been active recently. it would have been an interesting post. i googled diy pen trays and had found a couple good suggestions but most involved buying the trays from gopens. so i've decided to do a little experimenting on my own with a piece of leather and some black elastic bands.

#23 Greebe

Greebe

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2012 - 13:36

Interesting post, but not so useful without pictures. Too bad they are gone.

#24 ac12

ac12

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,535 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:01

Since the original posters pix are gone, here are mine.

I made a tray using the instructions and the attached pix are what mine look like.

One shot is edge on, so you can see how it is folded, the other is looking down on the tray.

I made mine using manila file folders for the base material, since I have a lot of it.

I folded the top piece, then lined it with velvet, using 2-sided tape to hold it down, then used 2-side tape to secure it to the bottom piece.

My first  version used a valley 3/4 inch wide, figuring that the velvet would take up space.  As it turned out, 3/4 inch was too wide, even lined with velvet.  So I made the next version 1/2 inch wide, as per the original instructions, and it turned out just fine, for my pens, which are mostly slimline pens.

For the upper layer of a pen box, I taped the tray to a couple pieces of paint stir sticks (from Ace Hardware or Home Depot).  The paint stir sticks provided the stiffness so it would not sag.  And rest the end of the paint sticks on a couple more paint stir sticks cut to an appropriate height to clear the pens in the lower tray.

Attached Images

• DSC_7040a.JPG
  • DSC_7039.JPG

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Sponsored Content

|