The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

A Brief Comparison Of 3 Modern Flex Nibs

flex noodlers ahab fpr conklin omniflex

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Gloucesterman

Gloucesterman

Transformation Coach

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2020 - 23:14

I actually bought both last week and am trying it out now. first impression indicates the UF version is 'mushy'.

Thank you for the response. Defi nitely interested in future "experience" with these nibs, as well as comments from other users (even if they are not nib-to-nib comparisons.

My Best!

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Sponsored Content

#22 MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2020 - 16:26

I just put in a kanwrite flex nib in a penbbs pen. I'm really happy with the result. The nib is fine and precise and with some pressure the line has some expression. It's not a full flex nib but I think the effect and feeling provided is significant compared to run of the mill steel nibs by jowo or penbbs. 

Link to a post about ergonomics I made: http://www.fountainp...with/?p=4179072

#23 trmsw

trmsw

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 February 2020 - 19:47

I also find the Kanwrite nibs to be better than the Noodlers and FPR ones and the "ease my flex" method works well with them
But for all I know they could be all buying their nibs from the same supplier...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flex, noodlers, ahab, fpr, conklin, omniflex

Sponsored Content

|