• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drathbun

• sansenri

• A Smug Dill

• Thymen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the new brown and teal colors. I'm not so partial to the green. The price is great too! It is 1/3 the price of my checkerboard M600. I've also noticed the clip has become very Parker-like with the chevrons and the arrow.

M600S - brown

il_794xN.1937206269_kczv.jpg

M600S - Teal

il_794xN.1889681830_dbv1.jpg

My M600 Checkerboard (brown)

WZJhsNW.jpg?1

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

The teal one looks amazing. But how's the Moonman #6 nib compared to the nib on the m600?

I will be able to tell you in a week or so when my teal Moonman M600S arrives. I saw that Bobby's Etsy site had three of the brown ones left and I hesitated. Then the next day they were gone and there were only a few of the teal left, so I pulled the trigger. The next day he had a bunch more of the brown. Go figure. LOL

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

Interested in this too, they look great.

Is the nib interchangeable with Jowo #6 or other #6 nibs ?

I really like the new Moonman nib. I have it in a M6 and a C1. Both are fine writers. This one is tempting, especially the teal.

I have one in teal on the way. Should be here in a week.

- William Thackeray

The teal is just a delight to look at and write with. I inked it with Diamine Denim for the full colour coordinating experience. Just bought another in brown as I am sure these will be really popular.

these new M600s look nice, original colours and (not original...but) much more suitable clip for this pen!...

I've noted the seller on Etsy offers M size and fude nibs, besides the F.

I just received the teal version with the Moonman F nib. Nib and feed are inserted into a collar that screws out.

Upon reception, they were a little misaligned. I fixed that, and rinsed everything in tap water and a drop of dish soap. I widened the tines a little bit, filled it with Herbin Bleu Pervenche and I have to say... it's pretty good.

The nib is a rather ordinary SS nib, not very different from the Conklin/Yafa nibs you get on a modern Duragraph (it even has a moon crescent as a breather hole).

I'm impressed by the Moonman offerings. The materials seem to be of good quality and the pen is well put together (no gaps, or ill-fitting parts). For the money I spent, I can't complain.

My nib is a true western fine, btw.

I have taken the plunge and have ordered a Teal one. I look forward to having it sometime this summer. Most expensive Chinese pen I have bought for a decade - since I bought my gold nibbed K321. And it's the most expensive pen I've bought for 18 months. It has serious competition to go up against, with the K316 and WS601 to justify the extra expense against.

I wait with interest, and will possibly do a detailed comparison with my Duofold International.

Regards,

Richard.

I received my teal M600S today. I inked it up with J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor. The ink costs more than the pen! The fine nib is a little thicker than what you'd expect from a Chinese fine. It is closer to a medium. I had Bobby send me a Fuliwen Medium replacement nib but I don't think I'll be using it. Smooth, wet and beautiful.

yns5T0z.jpg?1

- William Thackeray

Here is my "first look" YouTube of the M600S in teal.

- William Thackeray

I ordered the teal version and was rather surprised by what I got...

I did order a bent nib, but I wasn't expecting to get also a bent cap...

I'm still trying to figure out how they may have achieved this.

Were it not for the fact that the cap (once I actually managed to uncap the pen) will not go back on... I was almost tempted to keep it as it is, original it's original (now)!

fpn_1560979419__img_2679.jpg

fpn_1560979543__img_2680.jpg

fpn_1560979473__img_2681.jpg

(I have already reported the strange item to Etsy by email, no reply so far)

Wow. That looks like it deformed under heat. Was it from ChinesePen on Etsy (Bobby)?

- William Thackeray

it was on Etsy, but no the shop is called Esybuy, actually I thought I was buying from Bobby, but probably not (must be more careful next time...)

I have asked for replacement earlier this afternoon, although no-one has replied yet...

Coincidentally, I also bought an M600S (brown) from esybuy, which just arrived this morning. It was not in a Moonman box (I chose the pen only option) and it was perfectly intact as far as I can see. My original teal was from Bobby, which arrived in 10 days. I chose esybuy as I wasn't too bothered about ultra-fast shipping and their shipping was just $3. As it happened, this pen took 11 days to arrive.

However, for this second pen I chose a medium nib - which came as a two-tone Jinhao nib, plus what I presume to be the original Moonman fine nib in a cellophane pen bag. The Jinhao I have no complaints about after a quick dip test.

Assuming your pen came wrapped as mine did - in bubble wrap inside a grey plastic bag (both of which probably would have melted with heat), it seems unlikely to have suffered heat damage in transit and must have been packed already deformed.

Edited by garyc