The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Ink Catridge For Wingsung Pens

catridge wingsung

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dimpep

dimpep

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:52

Hello,

I am wondering what type of ink catridges do Wing Sung (for example 3659) pens accept. The bore hole is somewhat larger that the standard international

Sponsored Content

#2 Qoan

Qoan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:40

I don't onw one so I cannot tell for sure, but apparently Lamy (and/or) cartridges would fit. You might find more info in this thread (http://www.fountainp...wing-sung-6359/). To avoid leakages, it would maybe be safer to just use the converter. You can fill it from a cartridge into the converter with a syringe if you don't have any ink bottles.

#3 dimpep

dimpep

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:23

Unfortunately, some Jihnao's ink catridges that I have been purchased don't fit in the pen. I can of course use a syringe and fill some old lamy catridges but I prefer use the WingSung ones. Anyone knows where I can find them on ebay (maybe a PM?)

#4 bobs51

bobs51

Give me pens, and no one gets hurt!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:16

Do a search on AliExpress for Aihao ink. They offer cartridges that fit their pens, but are wide mouth and will also fit the Wing Sung.  Cheap, too.

#5 dimpep

dimpep

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:35

Do a search on AliExpress for Aihao ink. They offer cartridges that fit their pens, but are wide mouth and will also fit the Wing Sung.  Cheap, too.

Ainhao and not jinhao? I see that the cartridges are small hole and maybe don't fit. And eventually I found that Parker cartridges fit

#6 dimpep

dimpep

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:24

I've received those. They doesn't fit even on standard international cartridges pens. The bore hole is very small. Any other suggestion? I have only one that came with the pen and I refill it with a syringe

#7 Mech-for-i

Mech-for-i

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:01

I think I've answer this on various other threads multiple times already but I guess many new comers still need some new comer tutorial .. OK .. first off forget international standard ( and its not a standard anyway ) unless specifically stated, almost all Chinese fountain pen use a different converter spec. I would just list them here both old and new, current and old, common and not so common

- Vintage Wing Sung - 2.5mm converter throat , close enough that many international standard ( 2.4mm ) would fit

- Hero wide throat - a common standard , basically same as Parker / Aurora / Lamy 3.2mm throat diameter

- Hero standard - 2.6mm , the de facto standard current , was in use since the 70's and still the standard

- 5.0mm Sailor Compatible , first used on Lorelei, and some specific models later but not really widely used

- 5.5mm Pilot compatible , first used by Wing Sung on the new 613 & original 659 and since adopted on similar OEM models but again not widely used else where

- 2.2mm, 2.3mm, very rarely encountered , used on some rather old defunct brands like Rainbow and White Feather

- 3.4mm throat, this is just a misnomer, its a somewhat misnomer as actually its just the Hero wide throat being adopted by many low end school pens that use cartridge and the Mfrs kind of being liberal with the tolerance so you can have converter sometime fit, some time not 

Generally speaking as of todays new production there is the Hero standard 2.6mm and the Hero wide throat 3.2mm with specific models that take Pilot / Sailor spec and some that take international ( actually Pelikan ) spec

Edited by Mech-for-i, 24 October 2018 - 16:54.

#8 Ted A

Ted A

Collectors Item

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 15:11

There should be a pinned converter topic
To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

#9 JollyCynic

JollyCynic

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 16:19

There should be a pinned converter topic

I was thinking the same thing.  I already bookmarked this discussion after Mech-for-i's description, so I could stop hunting for the Delike converter thread every time I have a question.

#10 dimpep

dimpep

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:06

I think I've answer this on various other threads multiple times already but I guess many new comers still need some new comer tutorial .. OK .. first off forget international standard ( and its not a standard anyway ) unless specifically stated, almost all Chinese fountain pen use a different converter spec. I would just list them here both old and new, current and old, common and not so common

- Vintage Wing Sung - 2.5mm converter throat , close enough that many international standard ( 2.4mm ) would fit

- Hero wide throat - a common standard , basically same as Parker / Aurora / Lamy 3.2mm throat diameter

- Hero standard - 2.6mm , the de facto standard current , was in use since the 70's and still the standard

- 5.0mm Sailor Compatible , first used on Lorelei, and some specific models later but not really widely used

- 5.5mm Pilot compatible , first used by Wing Sung on the new 613 & original 659 and since adopted on similar OEM models but again not widely used else where

- 2.2mm, 2.3mm, very rarely encountered , used on some rather old defunct brands like Rainbow and White Feather

- 3.4mm throat, this is just a misnomer, its a somewhat misnomer as actually its just the Hero wide throat being adopted by many low end school pens that use cartridge and the Mfrs kind of being liberal with the tolerance so you can have converter sometime fit, some time not 

Generally speaking as of todays new production there is the Hero standard 2.6mm and the Hero wide throat 3.2mm with specific models that take Pilot / Sailor spec and some that take international ( actually Pelikan ) spec

Thank you for the advice but I don't know where to find them online. I purchased a lot but unfortunately they were all wrong

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: catridge, wingsung

Sponsored Content

|