The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Conid With White Delrin?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alaskazimm

alaskazimm

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:09

Calling all Conid enablers . . .

I've had my Minimalistica for just over three weeks and am now on my third fill with it; to say that I am enthralled with this pen would be something of an understatement. In fact, after about a week of using the Conid I cleaned and stored the other six of my pens that I had inked - they haven't seen the light of day (such as there is in Alaska at this time of year :) ). Short story shorter, I've got the means for another Conid and the Slimline has caught my eye. I seem to recall a picture of a Conid that was made with the white delrin rather than black, but for the life of me I can't recall where. Does such a pen exist? or did I just dream it? I would love to see the picture again before I go and order up a rather large boondoggle.

And speaking of that, does anyone know if the white delrin would be prone to staining? I'm guessing not since white is an option for the piston on the Slimline already.

Also, I have the Ti fine nib on my Minimalistica and love it. Is the #5 Ti nib (or the #5 Bock nibs in general) a markedly different writing experience over the #6 nibs?

It's either that or the new Kindle Oasis . . .

Attached Images

• 20171107_160528.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 25_15_3

25_15_3

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:14

I remember seeing one - the minimalistica - partially made with white delrin on reddit. The delrin parts were only the knob and the smaller bit to the cap.

#3 alaskazimm

alaskazimm

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:18

Thanks, I'll take a look over there.

#4 alaskazimm

alaskazimm

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:29

Good memory . . . https://www.reddit.c..._minimalistica/

The two end caps work well on the Minimalistica; neat look. Now I'm wondering if a Slimline demo with an entire section made of white delrin would be too off balance visually.

Edited by alaskazimm, 08 November 2017 - 01:30.

#5 Doug C

Doug C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 22:35

I have a Minimalistica and a Slimline.  The nib on the SL is finer than the larger nib.

I love both but the delrin section  on the Slimline is a little slippery for me

the Danitrio Fellowship

#6 alaskazimm

alaskazimm

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2017 - 21:50

I have a Minimalistica and a Slimline.  The nib on the SL is finer than the larger nib.

I love both but the delrin section  on the Slimline is a little slippery for me

Thank you. I find it a bit surprising the delrin is more slippery than the acrylic is though.

Sponsored Content

|