Lecai Transparent Fountain Pen

Has anyone tried this eyedropper from Lecai? I'm curious to know what kind of resin it's made from: PMMA or ABS? And what nib size it uses.

LECAI-Transparent-fountain-pen-special-f

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• plumo

• Mech-for-i

• melodiousb

• Miaxina

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw these on eBay and was intrigued that a Chinese made eyedropper pen that looked like an Indian pen. The $20 price put me off when I couldn't find any reviews. :(

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

From what I'm seeing on Taobao, there seems to be two nib sizes, F (0.5mm) and M (0.58mm)

If I'm understanding the chinese term correctly, this is a PMMA pen.

Here is (one of) the TB links: https://world.taobao.com/item/546584426721.htm?fromSite=main&ali_refid=a3_430620_1006:1103089590:N:%E9%92%A2%E7%AC%94+%E6%AD%A3%E5%93%81+%E5%AD%A6%E7%94%9F%E7%94%A8:d28a38bc0fa9b13b83cee4489df51e65&ali_trackid=1_d28a38bc0fa9b13b83cee4489df51e65&spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.rFt4o2

I'll have to pass on this since I just bought 6 new pens... 2 Thyer Thebai, 3 Jinhao 911, and 1 Jinhao 992.

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

From what I'm seeing on Taobao, there seems to be two nib sizes, F (0.5mm) and M (0.58mm)

If I'm understanding the chinese term correctly, this is a PMMA pen.

Here is (one of) the TB links: https://world.taobao.com/item/546584426721.htm?fromSite=main&ali_refid=a3_430620_1006:1103089590:N:%E9%92%A2%E7%AC%94+%E6%AD%A3%E5%93%81+%E5%AD%A6%E7%94%9F%E7%94%A8:d28a38bc0fa9b13b83cee4489df51e65&ali_trackid=1_d28a38bc0fa9b13b83cee4489df51e65&spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.rFt4o2

I'll have to pass on this since I just bought 6 new pens... 2 Thyer Thebai, 3 Jinhao 911, and 1 Jinhao 992.

~Epic

Thanks for the information, unfortunately that seller is out of stock. Even though the product page reads (stock 235 pieces) my order is in the process of being refunded. I wonder how I'd know when products on taobao are re-stocked if the given product information isn't accurate.

Edited by plumo

Possibly in the process of being refunded? I have no idea what this means as an explanation for my refund being rejected:

Reasons for rejection: Refund of goods after the return refused to explain: Goods returned after we can receive a refund of Kazakhstan, in accordance with the process to go
But I have a feeling I'm out $15

As well as I can understand from taobao's logistic page and customer service the pens arrived at a warehouse but aren't allowed to ship to me for reasons customer service either doesn't know or isn't able to communicate. The process for a refund is also a little unclear; whereas taobao tells me the seller handles the return application, their customer service told me I needed to consult the seller for their address and enter that into the return process. Or something like that.. hmm. Fun.

And my Caliart order also can't ship out of the warehouse and will have to go back to that seller who doesn't seem to want to accept my refund request because of something I'm doing wrong with the process. I'm expecting my Hero 9018 pen to result in non-shipment when the warehouse gets around to rejecting it.

And forget this; this will be the end of my taobao dealings! I'll probably order one of the Lecai's off ebay or one of each size if I can get the seller to offer both under one sale and combine shipping since they currently have each size on separate ebay auctions

Edited by plumo

What do you have on order. Typically there are some items that are just restricted due to fright regulation and of course safety, custom and excise eyc ... for us ink is the prime most culprit. It was restricted because its a liquid and cannot be inspected by the warehouse for forward fright ( they do not have right to open your individual order ) ink require independent shippment per order

Edited by Mech-for-i

What do you have on order. Typically there are some items that are just restricted due to fright regulation and of course safety, custom and excise eyc ... for us ink is the prime most culprit. It was restricted because its a liquid and cannot be inspected by the warehouse for forward fright ( they do not havr right to open your individual order ) ink require independent shippment per order

I thought about ink but the two Lecai eyedroppers I ordered shouldn't come with any. Aside from the Lecai I ordered a Hero and Caliart pen and all but the Hero have been rejected by the warehouse. The Hero hasn't yet arrived. The return process is maddening. I'm frustrated that I could be charged additional storage fees after 20 days if I can't figure out how to get this back to the seller. I'm actually considering washing my hands of the website and just disputing any charges made. It's only 30 dollars, I'd rather eat the cost and just move on to have to keep tabs on this.

I can understand your frustration. Unfortunately these days this kiind of tyhings happen between shopping and having goods forwarded to international locations whether its buying from China and shipping to Canada or the other way round. As I understand it , there is nothign special about the Caliart nor the Hero 9018 and I would wonder why they would be rejected by the warehouse or why they could not be shipped out at all. I just check with Taobao world, the courior to Canada for Taobao should be UPS and USPS. if you are not using those two as courior it might be the case why the warehouse cannot ship out as they simply do not had the capacity to do so. ( some of their partner courior serve only specific locale , say home market, Asia, EU ... etc etc ... )

I can understand your frustration. Unfortunately these days this kiind of tyhings happen between shopping and having goods forwarded to international locations whether its buying from China and shipping to Canada or the other way round. As I understand it , there is nothign special about the Caliart nor the Hero 9018 and I would wonder why they would be rejected by the warehouse or why they could not be shipped out at all. I just check with Taobao world, the courior to Canada for Taobao should be UPS and USPS. if you are not using those two as courior it might be the case why the warehouse cannot ship out as they simply do not had the capacity to do so. ( some of their partner courior serve only specific locale , say home market, Asia, EU ... etc etc ... )

That might be possible, I just can't remember which courier I choose. Two things then that would have been helpful, aside from a better memory, is a confirm-order-details screen to look at before submitting (as well as that information being sent to e-mail) and only a selection of couriers that actually ship to the country selected in their drop down menu.

I don't know if there's a way to check which courier I selected but I see that under the "To be shipped orders" page there's a "Good into-UPS" tab. I'm not sure that means I chose UPS to be the courier although it would seem to make sense.

Under Logistics information / Order Information / delivery method / "express delivery" is listed.

and under tracking:

• 2017-06-06 13:27:17 Sorry, your package can not be properly shipped due to non- transhipment . Please contact us

That's as much as I know about shipping.

Edited by plumo

If I were to do this over again I'd probably use an agent. But probably not now if this return/refund experience doesn't end well.

All four pens are rejected and customer service gave the reasons: "contains liquid" and "sharp items can not be sent." One pen is hopefully on it's way back to the seller, one seller refused a return and so I contacted taobao to intervene (my next to last recourse), and I'm about to initiate a return with the last seller.

I can understand the 2nd but the first one. I suppose the pen do not have any liquid in there ... I gave up, cannot quite fathom why or how this happen. I use fright forwarder to consolidate orders too to save on shipping. the routine is usually to setup an agent / forwarder for the locale and register the destination to be the warehouse of said forwarder, and Taobao will setup the like forwarder ID with the Alipay ID one have on Taobao.

I do know that many country now are pretty sensitive about any package or parcels. Liquid seams to be single most discriminated against ( whatever liquid ) I am not sure if Canada among them. Last time I send one to Australia, a birthday gift to my nephew, the package got examined by the Autralian Custom and their internal security ( whatever they are called there ) but I can understand that cause the gift is a vintage ( collectible ) folding hunting knife and it certainly made a weapon thpough I state clearly on the excise form what it is and the package get to my nephew with no issue except the seal open and then stamped checked by the said authorities.

I would instead ask Taobao what's the proper ship / fright / forwarding procedure for your said locale. I just check they do have Canada as one of their served destination with the two forwarder I've mentioned prior.

I currently have (as well as in the past) a bottle of ink being sent from Japan. I've also bought pens with ink cartridges from Japan. All my orders were properly marked so they could have been rejected by Customs but weren't. I don't know.

I would instead ask Taobao what's the proper ship / fright / forwarding procedure for your said locale. I just check they do have Canada as one of their served destination with the two forwarder I've mentioned prior.

This is the answer I got: "The consolidate shipping works like this :
your seller sends the item to warehouse of your forwarder (JCEX), then your forwarder ships items to your country, then the item will be handled out to local shipping company, then the shipping company will deliver the item to you.
For your case, as the forwarder confirm that they can not ship items to overseas, so you may need to return them to your sellers so as to get the refund."

• 2 weeks later...

This pen looks so so pretty >w< Found one on eBay for $9.99 : https://www.ebay.com/itm/401344049194

I'm not a fan of eye dropper pens as I've experienced nasty burping issues first hand, but this looks too pretty to just pass...>_>

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can input their opinions on burping issues for this pen, if anyone bought it :)

Now three sellers for this pen, at around the $10 USD mark, under a search for "0.6mm 13cm Transparent Fountain Pen". Too bad nothing comes up under 0.5mm

Edited by plumo

Nib & feed look very Pilot 78G/Metro/Kakuno shaped... possibly interchangeable with WingSung Lucky 659 :)

Just thought I'd post an interesting ebay bid history for this pen under two different sellers.

The interesting bit is the bidder with the 608 rating whose $7.90 CAD bid was beaten so they then purchased two of these pens from a different seller. Having already purchased two of these pens, "608" came back to first seller's auction to run up the bid to $14 CAD. That's what seems to have happened. :D

Seller 2 - Bid History

post-136398-0-23190400-1498360267_thumb.jpg

Seller 1 - Bid History

post-136398-0-22517700-1498360323_thumb.jpg

Edited by plumo