Triumph Nib Removal Tools

SteelePlume

I've said it before,and I'll say it again. Having the tool changes the dynamics of repairing the Sheaffer plunger fillers. It really makes it possible to reliably repair these pens. Without them, your chances of getting the nib out without damage are 50% AT BEST. With the tool, you're very close to 100% - reduced only by hidden damage, and operator error trying to get it out too forcefully.

Francis - making this tool available is a great service to the pen community which I very much appreciate. It has lead to the restoration and revival of a pen long considered to be unrepairable.

Thanks for your nice compliment Ron, much appreciated coming from you, a highly respected Sheaffer repairer.

Francis

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• fountainbel

• Brian-McQueen

• SteelePlume

I'll throw in a pitch for both Ron and the Tools. If you are going to restore a few of these pens (by few I mean less than 10-20) I would recommend sending them off to someone that does the repairs on a regular basis. If you are going to do a lot of them then buy the tools. (By a lot I'm thinking 20/year)

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Francis, I would like to know how much it would cost for one. I would certainly be interested in buying a set. I don't know if you could get 10-20 people to commit to buying, but there are certainly new restorers out there who would like a set. Or, if you decide not to make any more in the future, would you consider sharing your design so others might try making it? This is a tool I should have bought a long time ago.

Francis, I would like to know how much it would cost for one. I would certainly be interested in buying a set. I don't know if you could get 10-20 people to commit to buying, but there are certainly new restorers out there who would like a set. Or, if you decide not to make any more in the future, would you consider sharing your design so others might try making it? This is a tool I should have bought a long time ago

OK Brian, I just have enough Ketron Peek to make one set and you will get it.

Francis

OK Brian, I just have enough Ketron Peek to make one set and you will get it.

Francis

Francis, I'd like to get a set when they become available

I am also interested in getting a set of these tools. please let us know what the cost will be. I am a new restorer and am planning on following in the foot steps of people like Ron and others, hoping to one day take this to a vocation. I just learned about your tool in Pen Repair third edition. I have the 3 major repair manuals, this one, Da Book and Richard's book on repairs. Thanks for your valuable contribution to this wonderful world of repairing and restoring vintage fountain pens.

Edited by BearCWY

I would purchase one as well.

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

I think several posts were removed. A price was given as well as the number needed to make a run.

Edited by FarmBoy

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

What was the number and what was the price? Cos I'd be interested. Not sure I'm committing, but I'd consider it, if I knew the cost.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Does anyone have pictures of the tool? Maybe one that shows how it works? I'm interested in buying one but I have no clue what it is exactly that I'd be buying.

I just bought one and am expecting it any day now. But Francis sent me directions that were explicit ahead of time that were both in writing and with pictures. I cannot wait to get my NEW TOOL.......

What was the number and what was the price? Cos I'd be interested. Not sure I'm committing, but I'd consider it, if I knew the cost.

E-mail Francis, about the cost as I got lucky as he was running out of the material to make the tool. He will tell you all you need to know.......

I also ordered a set from him and am expecting it in today, I'm very anxious to see these tools and use them.

my set arrived today and what a wonderful set of tools it is. I'm waiting on some parts to come in to use the tools so I will have what I need to repair about 3 Sheaffer vac fill pens.Wish me luck in my endeavor it will be my first attempted at removing triumph nibs. :D

I will post more when I try to restore one of them.....

Edited by BearCWY

I received my tools yesterday and have already removed 3 nibs/feeds with no issues. Thank you so much Francis for a fantastic set of tools!

Told ya!

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.