• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• inkstainedruth

• KaB

• Noihvo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had what you might call a nice "surprise" last night. I usually have a good idea how much ink is in a pen, but I was writing with my Platinum Century, which I use regularly but not frequently, and it started skipping. At first I was alarmed, but then looked and unexpectedly found the converter empty. Thought about refilling with 4B, which seems to make that pen happy, but I had a bottle of BB Imperial Purple that has been neglected, so I flushed and went with that.

Hi Pensei. Can you bring me up to speed. please. What are 4B and BB?

Finished off my Nakaya Writer in kikyo's Platinum blue black cartridge. Replacing it with a Jonathon Brooks custom made with vintage celluloid and Shin-Kai.

I wrote my "Filius" dry today. It had Parker Quink black but now it has Kaweco purple mixed with some Kaweco black.

I don't know much about this pen. I think it is an early 1950s German piston filler but I am not really, perhaps manufactured by Reform, but I am not certain.

I wrote my Crocodile 806 dry today. It had been filled with Inferno Orange. I was about to refill it, but I left my syringe cleaning fluid at home. I had to fill a student pen with Sherwood Green and need to clean it out before I use it again. It will be refilled with the same ink.

AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH! My Orange Baoer 517 just ran out of Yu-Yake. I have no orange ink to write with!!!!!

Edited by richila

Hi Pensei. Can you bring me up to speed. please. What are 4B and BB?

The 4B is from a line of Sailor inks made for Bung Box Shop, a Japanese pen store. Sailor makes these exclusive lines for several different stores. You can check them out in the Ink Review index.

4B is a dark blue/gray (or grey/blue) with red sheen. Don't know about the purple, there's no Imperial Purple in the Bung Box list and Bookbinder's inks all have snake names.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

post-131799-0-02884400-1485348708_thumb.jpg

Had a pleasant time flushing a 823 to reuse the same Akkerman #10 ink. =) Going to flush this baby later tonight.

Currently Inked = Pilot Custom 823 - 14Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Kakadu LE #100/100 - 18Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog LE #785/888 - 23Kt Pd "1.3mm Stub" Nib -- Pelikan 100N Transitional - 14Kt Gold 'OF' Nib -- Pelikan 400 - 14Kt Gold 'KF' Nib (All Inked with Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black) -- Pelikan M200 West Germany - SS 'OBB' Nib

I just wrote my Hero 9096 dry and refilled it with Chesterfield Emerald. I love the fact that this pen only "skips" when it's out of ink. :wub:

The 4B is from a line of Sailor inks made for Bung Box Shop, a Japanese pen store. Sailor makes these exclusive lines for several different stores. You can check them out in the Ink Review index.

4B is a dark blue/gray (or grey/blue) with red sheen. Don't know about the purple, there's no Imperial Purple in the Bung Box list and Bookbinder's inks all have snake names.

Great stuff, chromantic. I shall check them out.

Thank you. :thumbup:

I finished a Montegrappa Fortuna Copper Mule this morning after its Noodler's Antietam ran out. It's way over priced in my estimation, but I got a cool copper mug with it to hold my cheapo ball points, roller balls and pencils. And I'm growing fond of the pen as it takes on my personalized smudgy patina.

The followin' are clean dry and ready to be stowed away.............

fpn_1485476748__emadcnalbtnomsa_dec_rive

Fred

...well I just got into town about an hour ago

took a look around see which way the wind blow

music

into your blue blue blue into your blues

into your blues Yeah

Mr Mojo risin Mr Mojo Risin Mr Mojo risin

RISIN

The Doors.................................................................

My pink demonstrator Prera ran out of R & K Solferino; I rinsed and refilled with Iroshizuku Tsutsuji. While I love Solferino, it only sort of matches that Prera. Tsutsuji is perfect for it -- the bright pink goes so well with the cheerful bits of pink on the pen.

I've been on a quest to see if I could commit all Seven Deadly Sins in a single day. Finally, it dawned on me I shouldn't try for the One Day Wonder Prize for all seven in one day. It's simply out of any question as you can't commit decent sloth while busily ticking the other six off your crowded "to do" list. -- ViolinWriter

Montblanc Meisterstruck 12

Parker Vacumatic Standard

... Maybe now I can ink up one of the pens I got from the Philly Pen Show?

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

Not often I can say this, being an ink butterfly of the worst sort, but wrote out all three:

Pilot Custom 74 with Iroshizuku Shin-kai - lovely combo.

Namisu Nova with Iroshizuku Ina-ho - all right, but not wholly convinced it's an ideal match.

Parker Duofold Demi with Quink Red - a surprisingly satisfactory red. Too bad the Rubbermaid has discontinued it in bottles.

All go back in the hutch and others will have their chance to come out to play, because I have too many pens. :blush:

Not often I can say this, being an ink butterfly of the worst sort, but wrote out all three:

Pilot Custom 74 with Iroshizuku Shin-kai - lovely combo.

Namisu Nova with Iroshizuku Ina-ho - all right, but not wholly convinced it's an ideal match.

Parker Duofold Demi with Quink Red - a surprisingly satisfactory red. Too bad the Rubbermaid has discontinued it in bottles.

All go back in the hutch and others will have their chance to come out to play, because I have too many pens. :blush:

Too many pens? Nonsense. :D

I haven't tried the current Pilot Custom range yet how are you doing with the 74? Do you have any of the other models?

The 74 is the only Custom I have. I acquired it pre-loved and, supposedly, having been tweaked by Mr Soworka, so not sure how representative it is of the breed. Must admit, as pens go, its looks are about as arresting as a two hour lecture on the correct use of a teaspoon, but the nib (SF) is a joy. Springy and full of character. If only Pilot didn't treat the UK market like a cash cow of low intelligence, I'd likely have a whole load more of them. (But then I'd be wondering what's the next stage on from too many pens? "Help, I'm trapped under a pile of piston fillers and can't crawl free" perhaps?! :D )

Yesterday afternoon I again ran dry my Sheaffer Craftsman Tip-Dip in basic black with an F nib, with Sheaffer black ink.

Such a good pen. Although it is slim, it's balance is spot-on perfect. The nib is very fine and very stiff but also very smooth across the paper without any degree of drag. This little one practically writes all by itself so all one needs to do is provide a little guidance.

All things considered, this bland pen is possibly my favorite, certainly one of my top three. It was found at a thrift store, mixed in a Zip Lock bag of wooden pencils. No restoration was required, and I imagine someone got rid of it in favor of a Bic Banana or something similar.

The 74 is the only Custom I have. I acquired it pre-loved and, supposedly, having been tweaked by Mr Soworka, so not sure how representative it is of the breed. Must admit, as pens go, its looks are about as arresting as a two hour lecture on the correct use of a teaspoon, but the nib (SF) is a joy. Springy and full of character. If only Pilot didn't treat the UK market like a cash cow of low intelligence, I'd likely have a whole load more of them. (But then I'd be wondering what's the next stage on from too many pens? "Help, I'm trapped under a pile of piston fillers and can't crawl free" perhaps?! :D )

:lticaptd:

Thanks for that, grainweevil. Like the sound of that SF nib. Will run a search through the Matrix, and see what prices I can come up with.