Schrade Tactical Fountain Pen

Tom Lynch

I have a Kubotan key chain, but stopped carrying it when it poked a hole in my pants pocket. :rolleyes:

Interesting pen you linked to there, and nice drawings. That movie is on my Netflix queue.

Thanks for the kind words Kaputnik!

Ah!, but THIS Kubotan comes with a POCKET CLIP... both deadly AND nerdy!

Glad to hear that you'll be checking out The Ox-Bow Incident too!

Lemme know what you think!

Tom, NYC

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Lynch

• KrazyIvan

• mcbender

• Scribble Monboddo

"even if it's a temple crush'in sternum snapping pen of death"

Now THAT'S funny!!!

But honestly guys, it's just a cool pen!

With a quality nib as well!

Let's not take the "tactical" too seriously!

Tom, NYC

Ah! Welcome to the Dark Side of the pen world Ivan!

Let me know how you like your Schrade... I'm sure it will help wipe out the remnants of the Rebel Alliance "in one swift stroke!"

Tom, NYC

(Moff Tarkin)

just ordered mine today. :)

It arrived yesterday. I like it.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7179/6773492072_23de8e40d4_z.jpg

Shrade Tactical Fountain Pen & Rollerball Combo by IvanRomero, on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7191/6919615293_bf4eb0b311_z.jpg

Shrade Tactical Fountain Pen & Rollerball Combo by IvanRomero, on Flickr

AWESOME Ivan!!!

A great addition to your Empire gear!!!

Feel the POWER of the Dark Side......!

Thanks so much for pics....just GREAT!!!

What is the other pen in your Flickr pic?... the one you compare with the TWSIBI?

Looks like a great pen I like that big clip too.

Tom, NYC

AWESOME Ivan!!!

A great addition to your Empire gear!!!

Feel the POWER of the Dark Side......!

Thanks so much for pics....just GREAT!!!

What is the other pen in your Flickr pic?... the one you compare with the TWSIBI?

Looks like a great pen I like that big clip too.

Tom, NYC

I think you mean the Kim & Co Jumbo eye dropper?

Where's best to order from? A quick googlesearch only showed some hits on amazon.

Cheers.

I got mine on Amazon, the prices seem to be best there (I think I paid $25 and got free shipping from a seller in Amazon Marketplace). IIRC there were plenty of them on ebay as well, but I remember them being more expensive there (starting from $30-35).

Hope that helps.

VERY cool Ivan!

I found the Kim & Co thread on FPN.

How can I get my hands on some?...

Tom, NYC

You might want to check with Hari317. He sold it to me but I am not sure if he had more made. The original jumbo had a really dispraportionate nib and Hari worked with the maker to get the larger nib installed and the cap modified for it.

Where's best to order from? A quick googlesearch only showed some hits on amazon.

Cheers.

I got mine on Amazon, the prices seem to be best there (I think I paid $25 and got free shipping from a seller in Amazon Marketplace). IIRC there were plenty of them on ebay as well, but I remember them being more expensive there (starting from $30-35).

Hope that helps.

I also got mine on amazon for $25 with free shipping.

Very neat! I've seen various tactical pens on other forums, but always BPs or RBs. A tactical fountain pen is a very interesting thing indeed.

The Highlander was a documentary, and the events happened in real time.

Montblanc|Pelikan|Geha|Senator|Sailor|Pilot

Isn't that little bit on the end meant for breaking windows or glass?

The top of the pen, not the nib, of course....

Hey Nick!

That certainly is the business end of the pen. Great to shatter safety glass in an emergency, I'm sure!

...or an attackers jaw....

either one...

Tom, NYC

next thing you know, they will have camoflouge pens and underpants..

I'm a little hot potato right meow

"no they are not making littler ponies, they are EMBRACING"

I opened a box of cheerios and planted them. I thought they were doughnut seeds. They didn't sprout :( (joke of the week)

You can't reeeaaaallly call it tactical if you have to unscrew the cap. I mean if you are holding back your attacker with one hand while they are trying to choke you and reaching out to get the pen off your desk with your free hand intending to pop the cap off and slam the nib into the attackers throat it's not going to work if you need both hands or your mouth to hold the cap as you unscrew it. You need to pop the cap off quickly with one hand and slam that pen home in one fell swoop. Ok so I've seen the Bourne movies to many times but that bic pen Jason used worked like a champ!

It's pretty irrelevant if the pen can or cannot be really used as a weapon. Its main function is to let little boys dream they are stronger and more intimidating than they really are in real life. While holding that pen, they dream of being Rambo or some kind of vengeful superhero.

It's a fantasy pen for boys, just like princess/unicorns/HelloKitty trinkets are created to match girls fantasies.

• 10 months later...

Photo of Schrade Tactical pen with Monteverde mini converter (www.thewritingdesk.co.uk) UK pounds 3.50. Being such a small converter means you have to refill frequently, still it gives you the flexibility to choose different coloured ink.

post-35847-0-65086000-1358981340.jpg

Lamy Safari fine, Lamy Logo extra fine, Pilot Lucina fine

You can't reeeaaaallly call it tactical if you have to unscrew the cap. I mean if you are holding back your attacker with one hand while they are trying to choke you and reaching out to get the pen off your desk with your free hand intending to pop the cap off and slam the nib into the attackers throat it's not going to work if you need both hands or your mouth to hold the cap as you unscrew it. You need to pop the cap off quickly with one hand and slam that pen home in one fell swoop. Ok so I've seen the Bourne movies to many times but that bic pen Jason used worked like a champ!

It's pretty irrelevant if the pen can or cannot be really used as a weapon. Its main function is to let little boys dream they are stronger and more intimidating than they really are in real life. While holding that pen, they dream of being Rambo or some kind of vengeful superhero.

It's a fantasy pen for boys, just like princess/unicorns/HelloKitty trinkets are created to match girls fantasies.

Guess you never heard of a karambit, yawara, kubaton or a koga pressure tool, all highly effective defense weapons when one trains with it. These pens essentially are pressure tools, not stabbing or cutting tools and they can work very well, preferably capped and right out of the pocket. Safe for planes and communities where more traditional defense weapons are banned, in other words, the Lands of the Sheeple.

If you are ignorant of the facts, please keep your snide uninformed opinions to yourself or do some homework before you sneer. It's unbecoming and juvenile.

Edited by Powerbroker

A proud member of the Pittsburgh Fountain Pen Club

Fall Down 7, Stand Up 8

Photo of Schrade Tactical pen with Monteverde mini converter (www.thewritingdesk.co.uk) UK pounds 3.50. Being such a small converter means you have to refill frequently, still it gives you the flexibility to choose different coloured ink.

Now I need to try my Monteverde mini converter in mine. I need to get this one back in rotation.

Isn't that little bit on the end meant for breaking windows or glass?

The top of the pen, not the nib, of course....

Yep, the conical tip is the tactical part, it's good for shattering glass, especially underwater, as well as kubotan and pain compliance techniques.

<em class='bbc'>I started nowhere, ended up back there. I caught a fever and it burned up my blood. It was a pity, I left the city; I did me some travelin' but it's done me no good.</em> - Buffalo Clover "The Ruse"

• 1 month later...

Monte verde Black Nib, fits flawless in this pen 0_O "Batman Pen"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Cat-Ham/CAM00122_zps4580711d.jpg?t=1363639591

Edited by kataro.miamoto