The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Twsbi Diamond 530 Barrel Has A Crack

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Whistlingwriter

Whistlingwriter

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2012 - 18:36

Hi all,
I have a question-need some input. Several months ago I bought a TWSBI diamond 530 clear pen & I really love it! But......upon recently emptying all the ink out & flushing the pen w/ water to clean it for a color change in ink, I noticed a small line (crack) in the plastic body/barrel coming downwards along the barrel assembly (part #6 on the little instruction paper that comes with the pen). I tried to be extra careful & it still filled ink just fine/wrote just fine, but soon after, I went to flush the ink out & heard a little snap/crack sound & saw that the crack (line) was now much longer going down the barrel & the (part #13) little knob/endcap you twist to fill or flush the pen just kept spinning & nothing happened with the piston parts to fill or flush the ink. I gently took the pen apart & cleaned it with water, let it dry & now have the pieces sitting on my desk. I'd like to know is there a way to 'fix' or repair (for cheap) the pen? I use it just about daily. Can a replacement part be ordered cheaply? Thanks a bunch for any advice!

Sponsored Content

#2 Koyote

Koyote

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 18:48

Common problem. Contact TWSBI (or speedy here on FPN) and they will send you a new barrel. You can do the swap yourself.

#3 EvilPhish

EvilPhish

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2012 - 18:50

Just shoot them an e-mail. TWSBI is known for utterly fantastic customer service, I'm sure they'll get you fixed up easy as pie.

#4 Whistlingwriter

Whistlingwriter

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 16:04

Thanks! Just emailed twsbi. Love the pen & can't wait to get back to using it daily! :)

Sponsored Content

|