Parker T1's

Parker1970T1

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kevin. I thought I would drop a line in this forum as my father is selling four of his Parkers 1970 T1's. Two of the four were bought as a fountain/ball point set. The other two were purchased separately, they are both felt tip/roller ball. All four T1's are in outstanding condition. Before I put them up on ebay I thought I would allow any enthusiasts a chance to take a look to see if there is any possible interest. As a background I am selling my father collection of roughly 200 pens for him. He has collected many types of pens since aprox 1960. I have many many Parker 51's, 61's, about 55 Montblanc and in all types also ie: fountain, ball point, and pencil. I am very much a novice with all things pens but I have found that there might be some interest with the original Parker T1 series, hence my post tonight. Thank you for any interest. I would be happy to answer any questions you have also.

-Kevin Carlson

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Parker1970T1

• christof

• jgoodwin1

• nxn96

Photographs would be great!

Mint condition T1s can be worth a lot of money (like $500+)

Don't do anything with any of these pens until you get them appraised by an expert (or two).

Don't let anyone offer you a quick deal on anything! (Even someone from this forum.)

Photos can help is identification and assigning an approximate value.

Thank you for the tips guys. All four T1's are in outstanding condition. My father did use them but very infrequently. I know he hasnt used them since about 1974. I am thinking of asking right in the $950-$1150 range for the fountain/ball point set (as they were purchased as a set). As far as the other two felt tip T1's its harder to say, maybe in the $350-$400 range. The fountain T1 has the titanium nib that is in perfect shape, also the adjusting screw under the nib has never been touched or turned. Photos will be taken very soon. I will post them here in the Parker forum for those who might have an interest in seeing them or perhaps purchasing. Thanks again for your tips!

-Kevin Carlson

I bought mine here on FPN from another FPN member. The pen has ben used. I'd say the condition is good but not mint. I paid $450.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4050/4586251740_8710beabe8_b.jpg

Edited by christof

It seems you did receive a good buy on that T1. I have listed my set for sale. I thought I would post the link so you all can get an idea what the Parker T1 set looks like and the overall condition. Thank you for taking a look if you do so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1970-Parker-Titanium-Fountian-Ball-Point-Set-1-owner-/190445797029?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c57743ea5

Kevin

Nice listing and photos. The initial bidding price will likely keep a lot of potential bidders out of the process, but that's not to say it's not an unreasonable price to ask. Given that it's a set in very nice shape and- as others here have noted- T1's don't come on the market very often, I would think it's likely to draw some interest.

Good luck with it.

T-1's are collectible pens. That pen is responsible for starting my hobby. September 1970 at college, I found a September Life magazine and perused its contents. Came upon a story about USAF F-4E Phantoms jets prepared for flight to Israel (diverted from USAF production to meet urgent requirement to replace 4 F-4E's shot down by SAM-3's over the Sinai), nice pictures and right after this article was a full page spread on the Parker T-1!

The Phantom had a lot of titanium in the aft section where the J-79's spewed their heat. That made a connection with me and I wanted this T-1 but didn't knokw where I would find one until summer of 1971, I purchased my first T-1 fountain pen with summer job money and then a pair of T-1 ball pens. Still have them, they are used but in decent conditon.

I have a pair of T-1 rollerballs purchased in 1973 and again 2003 on Ebay. Converted to ball pen writers with the black adapters. Keep them as museum pieces among my choice collections in a cigar box with three drawers.

The Israel Phantoms gave 36 years of stellar service, many iwth over 5,000 hours flight time on airframes which would be 200,000 miles on your car. Last Phantoms retired in 2006 and replaced by the F-16I's with conformal fuel tanks.

Thinking about this, takes me back 40 years as a 17 year old!

James

Great story James! I imagine your T1 pens look great. I also have two others besides this set I have listed. They are the felt tip, both purchased seperately. I'll be ;isting one of them soon.

Kevin

• 1 year later...

I was bored at work today and happened to look through my drawers and noticed by Parker fountain pen with matching mechnanical pencil. I got them as a graduation gift in 1970 and all I really knew was it was made of titanium. I went on the web and believe I have determined it is a Parker T-1. I used it all through college and have kept it all these years. Judging by this train of messages I am amazed to learn it might actually be a collector's item. Thanks to you all I think I'll get it appraised.

• 3 years later...

I HAVE A PARKER T1 "PEACOCKED",.....WORKS GREAT,ORIGINAL OWNER...(MADE BY A FRIEND AT PARKER)....1971? HOW DO YOU ADD PHOTO?....OH YEA, I ALSO HAVE THE TOOL TO CHANGE NIB...

Edited by TERY

I know where one is in an antique store for 350.00 but I don't know what to look for to make sure something isn't wrong with it. The seller has lots of Parker 51s and Vacumatics in the case priced at common online prices (50.00 ~ 100.00) but for some reason this one is priced at a decent price which scares me a bit because I am sure they know what it is since it says Parker T1 Salesmans Sample Pen on the tag.