The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Rotring tintenkuli

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oya

oya

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:44

My aunt gave me some time a go this lovely thing, called Rotring Tintenkuli. Yes, it is an oldy.
It writes beautifully, almost glides across the paper. I call it a FP with a strange nib, haha :happyberet:

Interesting fact is, that this pen was kept long time unused, so that remaining ink dried inside. When I got it, I just sucked some water in it (in order to clean it - soak it first) and tried to write with it. It worked. How amazing is that. :happyberet:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

(The pics was taken with BB therefore are not the best.)

Edited by oya, 13 August 2009 - 11:59.

Sponsored Content

#2 troglokev

troglokev

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:15

Interesting fact is, that this pen was kept long time unused, so that remaining ink dried inside. When I got it, I just sucked some water in it (in order to clean it - soak it first) and tried to write with it. It worked. How amazing is that. :happyberet:

Having had the unpleasant experience of having to clean drawing pens (which are similar in principle), I can honestly say that yes, it is pretty amazing!

#3 oya

oya

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:53

Having had the unpleasant experience of having to clean drawing pens (which are similar in principle), I can honestly say that yes, it is pretty amazing!

I had the same problems when I tried to clean the Senator. It took days to clean it.

Drawing pens as in architect pens? I know them well too, ok just from watching. My parents are architects and in "old days" everything was hand made, not like now with computers. The reason is the ink. Try to find a device for cleaning them via ionization. I will try to find the brand later on (and a pic hopefully).

Did you try to buy Rotring's Cleaning Fluid?
http://www.graphicsd...-cleaning-fluid

Edited by oya, 13 August 2009 - 11:56.

#4 MYU

MYU

... The key to it all is Capillary Action! ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,647 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2009 - 23:07

I love these... glad to see someone else review one. thumbup.gif

[MYU's Pen Review Corner]   |   "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Sponsored Content

|