Inexpensive Repair/Restoration Services...

hcsk8ter

If you have sent a pm within the last week or two, please resend. FPN has deleted my inbox. Thanks!

Edited by hcsk8ter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hcsk8ter

• gobi

• emes441

• colinear

In addition to our previous list of services, we are also offering:

Black Chased Hard Rubber Re-blackening: $30

Nib smoothing/Ink Flow Adjustment: $10

Thank you.

Hi,

Please describe your blackening process. I have a c1925 Wahl that looks like it was scrubbed/sanded and it now oxidized brown with over all low relief of the chasing and imprints. Looks like it has a great nib so it is definatley worth improving.

Greg

Nib smoothing/Ink Flow Adjustment:  $10

Thank you.

Greg Koos

Bloomington Illinois

USA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On this shrunken globe, men can no longer live as strangers.

Adlai E. Stevenson

Hi,

Please describe your blackening process. I have a c1925 Wahl that looks like it was scrubbed/sanded and it now oxidized brown with over all low relief of the chasing and imprints. Looks like it has a great nib so it is definatley worth improving.

Greg

Nib smoothing/Ink Flow Adjustment:  $10

Thank you.

Pm'ed with response.

• 3 weeks later...

Richard, I just wanted to thank you for doing such a great job on my P51. As soon as it arrived, I filled it with some Private Reserve "Chocolate" ink and tried it out. Works perfectly, I could not be more satisfied with your work. I also like the short turn-a-round time. I will gladly recommend you to my friends.

Richard

I opened the package containing the Parker Duofold you worked on for me and I could not be happier. I am sure my father simply set that pen aside about fifty years ago and never gave it a second thought. You have restored it to its former glory. It is a wonderful writer I can carry daily as a keepsake reminder of my now departed dad. Thank you so much for that. I would heartily recommend your services to anyone wanting a pen restored.

Thanks Again!

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting pms. There have been some issues on the board it seems. Just a note, I got into an accident and injured my leg so turn around time will be a bit longer now. Please bear with me and thanks.

Edited by hcsk8ter

Just received my Esterbrook J back, and it is as good as new! Thank you Richard, and I hope your leg is on the mend!

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

Just got several pens (one Parker 45 and one Esterbrook J) back and I really appreciate the excellent work and the communication. I will come back if I need such services again.

Thanks Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Still offering this service? PM'ed you yesterday. Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like you are -- sorry about that. Didn't see the recent action in this thread...

Hi,

I am well versed in Vintage Pen Repair.

Your pen will be cleaned, receive a new diaphragm/sac, and basic nib adjustment.

My fees are modest:

Parker Vacs/51's : $25

Lever/Button Fillers: $18

Snorkels: $27

If you have a pen and are unsure what type of service it needs, contact us. We're here to help!

Repairs include 1st class uninsured postage. If you want insurance, we can accomodate.

Turnaround time is 1-2 weeks.

PM us here with your queries.

Thank you!

Edited by mateo44

Has anyone heard from hcsk8ter recently? Or maybe, NOT heard from him when one reasonably should? I have a pen in to him and haven't been able to get in touch with him since January 24th.

-->edited to say I heard from him this evening.

Edited by sombrueil

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am well versed in Vintage Pen Repair.

Your pen will be cleaned, receive a new diaphragm/sac, and basic nib adjustment.

My fees are modest:

Parker Vacs/51's : $25

Lever/Button Fillers: $18

Snorkels: $27

If you have a pen and are unsure what type of service it needs, contact us. We're here to help!

Repairs include 1st class uninsured postage. If you want insurance, we can accomodate.

Turnaround time is 1-2 weeks.

PM us here with your queries.

Thank you!

How can I contact you? e-mail or phone? cskinner37@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...