The First Charity Auction to Benefit Cherished Creations Begins Now!

bgray

I am proud to begin the auction thread for the first of two Edison Pens to benefit Cherished Creations.

I will state that the Fountain Pen Network is simply hosting the auction. While the FPN supports the cause, it does not have any active part in the conduct of the auction, and cannot be held responsible for any issues arising from participation.

If you have not read the original thread announcing this charity auction, please go here…

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...6&hl=edison

This thread will explain what the charity is all about. Cherished Creations (a 501-C-3 Non-Profit Corporation) accomplishes some wonderful things for seriously-ill and underprivileged children. I would like to donate my talents to benefit these children.

www.cherishedcreations.com

If you are interested in simply making a donation of any size without bidding on the pen, I do encourage it. If you would like to Paypal, my address is brian@edisonpen.com. Also, please don’t worry about Paypal fees. I will donate the full amount paid, and the Paypal fees that I incur will be a part of my donation to the charity. If you would prefer to send a check, email me at the same address, and I will send my mailing address. You will receive a tax-deductible receipt from me. Of course, if you would prefer to donate directly to the charity, you can do this, as well. Remember that even small donations will add up quickly.

So the pen that is up for auction currently is the satin-finished ebonite Huron. This pen is truly one-of-a-kind, in that I’ve never used this special nib before, and no other Edison pen of this design will have the unique Edison Pen Co/Cherished Creations engraving. This design is a new concept that I’ve never done before.

What makes this pen additionally unique is that the pen is done in black ebonite with a raw satin or matte finish, inspired by the Dani Trio Denshos. This pen is then complimented with a new and super-cool nib. The nib is 18k gold, engraved with the Edison logo, plated in rhodium and ruthenium, giving a two-tone-rhodium effect. Top it off with a clipless cap, and the effect is complete. The nib can be any tip size, F, M, or B. I will also donate any custom italic grind and/or nib tweaking that is preferred. The pen is a CC and ED. Personally, I’m very proud of this pen. I think that this is a fantastic “Stealth Pen”.

post-4002-1251719125_thumb.jpg

post-4002-1251719140_thumb.jpg

post-4002-1251719146_thumb.jpg

The bidding on this pen will start at $200.

DO NOT POST BIDS WITHIN THIS THREAD! IN ORDER TO RETAIN ANONYMITY, PLEASE EMAIL ME YOUR BID, AND I WILL POST THE AMOUNT WITHIN THE THREAD.

So to bid, do the following….

Send an email to…

brian@edisonpen.com

Include the following….

1. Amount of bid

2. Full name

3. Phone number

I welcome comments and any other posts within this thread, but please refrain from bidding in this thread. Send bids to my email.

This auction will end on Friday at 8:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time. The highest bid received before that time will win the pen. The winning bidder will receive a tax-deductible receipt for the full amount bid, minus the retail value of the pen.

Presentation of the funds raised through donations and the auction will be at the New York City Pen Show on October 9th .

If you have not already done so, please read the original thread that announced this auction. This thread will tell you all about the charity, and the wonderful benefit that the organization provides to children.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...6&hl=edison

If you plan on participating, I would like to ask you to consider the charitable cause and the great benefit that your money and my talent can accomplish for seriously ill and underprivileged children.

The #76 bulb filler will be up for auction one week from today.

Thanks!

Brian at Edison

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bgray

• brianw06

• dsymonds

• penguinmaster

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bump for a great cause!

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

bump again

What a great start

Please do not listen to me. My opinions do not count

Brian,

Great cause and great start to the bidding.

Your generousity is a testiment to your self and your business.

Good luck on the auction.

Dan Symonds

Dan Symonds

Houston, Texas

www.artcarvedpens.com

Oh, yeah! The party's starting up fast!

Kudos, Brian!

I'll take an Aurora, please. Aurora black.

Tell you what... the bidder coming in second will get a Vacumatic p51 courtesy of me

edited for spelling

Edited by brianw06

Will you take trades? :) Just kidding. Its a beautiful pen, and the lucky bidder (won't be me....already out of my price range) will be getting a great pen and helping a great cause.

Andrew

certainly worth a bump

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files