Sunday's Fleabay Picks * For You! * For May 11, 2014

OcalaFlGuy

Bruce, I copied the pics from the clean one and this one and put them up side by side, looked OS to me. At least I hope so. But I will do as you suggest (at the risk of supreme disappointment.)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OcalaFlGuy

• Mardi13

• white_lotus

• Eccles

I compared yours to the OS Green Marine with known measurements and it looks the same to me too.

<Crossing fingers>

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

After checking such a pen really was made, I nabbed this before it made the list. I was surprised at the lack of interest from others.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Parker-21-Rare-Fishscale-Pattern-Cap-Edition-REF-2273-/231224108380?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=3MMpmSOdWvWZVwkXrlvnpv09PVM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I love the list, Bruce. Thank for your hard work; it makes for very interesting viewing.

Glenn.

White lotus - where in NY? I'm a former resident of Binghamton.

Hi Mardi13,

I'm about an hour west of Binghamton, in one of the little villages in the Western Catskills. Take the Rose exit off Highway 17 and go north. I own+operate Delaware Phoenix Distillery in Walton, NY.

After checking such a pen really was made, I nabbed this before it made the list. I was surprised at the lack of interest from others.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Parker-21-Rare-Fishscale-Pattern-Cap-Edition-REF-2273-/231224108380?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=3MMpmSOdWvWZVwkXrlvnpv09PVM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I love the list, Bruce. Thank for your hard work; it makes for very interesting viewing.

Glenn.

Yikes, their $25 postage to Aussieland is even stiffer than their $15 from Argentina to the U.S.

At first glance, I thought that was a 41, I still remain unconvinced it's not a 41 cap on a 21 pen.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I snagged #31!! It's my second vintage Waterman in a month. It looks to be from the transition period in the 1930s when the company went to celluloid. Hope it's a flexible nib!!

Thank you, Bruce. Wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Yikes, their $25 postage to Aussieland is even stiffer than their $15 from Argentina to the U.S.

At first glance, I thought that was a 41, I still remain unconvinced it's not a 41 cap on a 21 pen.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Bruce, believe me, I checked.

I have a P41 Fish-scale and it's definitely a slimmer, more petite 'lady' size pen than the P21, slightly bigger than the P17 Lady. No way would a P41 cap fit a P21.

And yes, the postage can be a real deal-killer, given what some folks ask. The small flat-rate box users are generally OK, though.

Regards,

Glenn.

Good catch on the poor titling.

You'll notice a few other bidders have already homed in on it. It won't Stay at $4, I assure you.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Good catch on the poor titling.

You'll notice a few other bidders have already homed in on it. It won't Stay at $4, I assure you.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I am 100% sure it would not stay low even with just two bidders fighting for it.

BTW: 14 years on eBay and the seller still has no idea how to take macro shots - will hinder the final price a lot for sure.

Agreed. The only redeeming value at all of those pics is that at least they are on a neutral colored background that shouldn't affect the color balance.

Other than that, they solidly suck.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

It wasn't on the list, but I don't want to upset the people in the Sheaffer forum by posting about a Parker:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PARKER-DUOFOLD-STRIPPED-FOUNTAIN-PEN-EXCELLENT-FINE-NIB-/261477008852?ViewItem=&item=261477008852&nma=true&si=awT1k1lETeI9xJUitn0eongQ4Uw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

$53.60 shipped. I'm pretty chuffed!

... Must be something wrong with it...

Edited by Mardi13

It doesn't look like anything special to me.

HORRIBLE pics.

Maybe a P-51 and a Parker Striped Duofold.

One other pen has severe heat damage which makes me wonder about the others. The Duofold to me looks iffy for that reason.

I probably wouldn't take the chance. The rest of the mess is just...well, mess.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

That blue duofold caught my eye but you say iffy...

Edited by Mardi13

That blue duofold caught my eye but you say iffy...

There are just too many clearly Decent pens out there to take Much of a chance on the iffy ones.

Someone STILL took the chance here, it's sold now. :rolleyes: I looked again closely at the Duofold and I Still think it may also be warped at the barrel end.

FWIW, I am also starting to develop an aversion to giving someone who cares So Little about presenting a decent listing what They Think their stack-o-pen-junk is worth. That's just rewarding them for being a moron. That might not be the case if there was Clearly something "hidden" in the stack that Definitely makes it worth that amount. With the exception of a probable P-51 that may not even have a filler or nib in it from what you can see in the listing, I DON'T see that Here.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Oops. Sorry.

Edited by OcalaFlGuy

I've never bought a "lot" of pens. I saw the Duofold. If there was anything worth selling in the rest of the lot the Duofold could be cheap or free, that's why I asked about the gold pen. Has anyone had a good experience buying a "lot"?

Brian

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

I'm not sure I'm qualified to say, but I bought a "lot" as one of my first Fleabay pen purchases. It was a lot of eight, and there was a Sheaffer white dot regular size in gray/black/red, a copper Esterbrook, a green Wasp, a Parker Challenger in green/black, a little red American, one total loss pen, and one other...that I can't remember. The Sheaffer, Estie, Challenger and Wasp are all being refurbished (at least I think so, they were sent to the Fountain Pen Hospital but I haven't heard from them since they tracked down the package. Except for that one really messed up pen they were all in ok to good restorable condition. I paid $100 which wasn't a steal, but as a total noob trying this I think I got very lucky.

Oh! The other pen was the little eyedropper safety, that I got into writing order myself by the seat of my pants. A sort of mini pen in cream and black pearl.