Diy: Oblique Pen Holder.

sumidero11

A simple way to make an oblique pen holder.

oblique-pen-holder-01.jpg

Today I show you my new tutorial. Oblique penholder are expensive, with this tutoria you have no excuse anymore.

Enjoy !!!!!  Thanks for watching !!!!

Edited by sumidero11
My web-blog:

FPNheader-transparentepaxticolor.png

www.FountainPenLand.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sumidero11

• prasadvenkat

• ac12

• BlotBot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well that was cool - can't believe it's as easy as you made it look, but definitely something I've been meaning to try, and this may be the final push I needed to do it. Thanks!

Cheers, Al

thanks to you, and you don't forget show us your handmade pens holders

My web-blog:

www.FountainPenLand.com

Crass! Now that's something completely different... but easy to work out. Even for me (I think)

Thanks!!

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Thanks to you for watching ^^. It's a pleasure comments like yours. Show us your progress.

My web-blog:

www.FountainPenLand.com

• 4 months later...

Thanks soooo much Sumidero11. Oblique holders are expensive and more so cause you can get them in my country, Have to have it shipped from US and that adds at least $30 to $40 to the cost of the holder. Your video and guide was just perfect. Will be making one soon and will put an image of it here.

Thanks so much again.

thanks to you, and you don't forget show us your handmade pens holders

Hello all,

Thanks to Sumidero, my first attempt at a DIY oblique holder

Made a small change in it and it takes all sizes of nibs including a crowquill

The holder

http://i.imgur.com/pCpgbkU.jpg

With a crow quill

http://i.imgur.com/11vqd8P.jpg

With a Nikko G nib

http://i.imgur.com/LBMJ4YT.jpg

With a Gillot 303 nib

http://i.imgur.com/md5TEzR.jpg

This was my first attempt and it seems to work just fine.

Will make a better one soon. :)

How cool is that. :)

The only thing/tool that is not common is a ROUND plier to form the curve.

Looks like I finally have a reason to buy one.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Round pliers are very common for making jewelry chains. You can probably find an inexpensive one at your local craft store.

Edited by BlotBot

-- Ellen

It would be much better to buy a cylindrical piece of wood from a craft store than to ruin a perfectly good brush. Also, I feel that the effort to cut the groove and brass for the flange and potential for injury would outweigh the benefit of just buying a holder. I wouldn't feel compelled to do this unless there was absolutely no way I could get my hands on a holder.