Going For A Lamy Factory Tour, What Do You Want To Ask?

Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo than has to intimate her prince in the shining armor before she steps in the factory!

Again, no offence mean't Bo Bo.... :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• proton007

• hari317

• firebug

Bo Bo than has to intimate her prince in the shining armor before she steps in the factory!

Again, no offence mean't Bo Bo.... :)

Bo Bo's a guy you know. :lticaptd:

In a world where there are no eyes the sun would not be light, and in a world where there were no soft skins rocks would not be hard, nor in a world where there were no muscles would they be heavy. Existence is relationship and you're smack in the middle of it.

- Alan Watts

Congratulations! I am madly jealous....................

I would like to know if they are planning any more finishes to the Lamy Studio?

Many thanks

OMG! I am now guilty Bo Bo! Will accept any penalty that you have award!

Proton - - - - - - am very very thankful for pointing this out......

Apologies, apologies!

What an exciting trip! I would give my left arm to go there (not my right one, I'm right-handed, then my collection of fountain pens would be pretty useless...)

My question (besides the purple Safari one) is: Would Lamy consider making coloured versions of the Lamy Vista- i.e. coloured clear/transparent Safaris?

I think they would be very popular, as I know lots of people who love demonstrators, and who have a few Vistas in their collection, but I think it would be much more interesting to have coloured Vistas! E.g. transparent pink, blue, green...

Thanks! :D

I know what I'd ask...

Where are the free samples?

But, seriously, I second the idea of colored (tinted?) Vistas. Much like Monteverde does with the Artista Crystal.

Do they plan on introducing any new filler mechanisms like a pump filler or pneumatic filler (see Edison's new designs)? Also, do they plan on reworking and improving the piston mechanism on the 2000? The material and design on the 2000 are wonderful, but there have been a few problems with the piston filling mechanism and the twist piston cap tightening overtime.

Best Writings To You, coffeetoofull

PS - take plenty of pics to share, when and if allowed.

I would, also, like to ask if they intend to offer an EF nib in the 2000 pen? The Fine nib which is offered in this pen presents a line which is somewhere between a Fine and Medium line. I, of course, would prefer a nib as close to a EF or F which is offered by the manufacturer.

Edited by coffeetoofull

Back to questions for the Lamy person in charge of "presenting Lamy in the best possible light to groups of people who are winners of newspaper contests." --

Do they, or would they consider following the largest collection of fountain pen users in the world, namely The Fountain Pen Network? I think owning or planning to buy a Lamy is the price of joining here, isn't it?

Well, I don't have a Lamy Safari and don't really intend to buy one (unless I try it and love it for some reason). I also find the design startlingly unattractive, and reminiscent of those corrective pens they give bad writers in grade school.

On-Topic, I too would be interested in an answer to what they intend to do about the Hero clone, or if they even know about it.

In the days of B&W TV Bo Bo Olson was the 'One and Only Middleweight Champion of the World' in the early-mid '50s,=todays 4 belt man, like Ward..

He was a short armed mauler who took his beating like a man, and went down swinging.

When Sugar Ray Robinson the champ retired, they had a 4 man tournament to see who would be Champ. Turpin the man who beat Robinson was supposed to win, or one of the other two.

Bo Bo Olson won, and was champ for @ two years.

Then Robinson came out of retirement, and beat him like a drum in three fights. By the last one I was just hoping Bo Bo Olson would get in one good punch to feel good. Ray Robinson was the Man. I was a fan of his.

Eventually, Bo Bo moved up to Light Heavy and got KO'ed by the Great Archie Moore and at the end by Archer, a very, very good fighter.

For something like 10-12 years not counting the years he was champ, Olson was in the top ten of the single line of Challengers, in either Middleweight or Light Heavy. There was no avoiding any one, if you wanted to be high rated, you had to beat the men above you. Not like today.

That is astounding, for a short armed mauler. A slugger can knock you out with one punch. Olson didn't have that, he just got in close and beat on the man until he won. Only the best fighters in the world beat him.

Back then a Champion only fought the top 5 contenders (actually fighting #5, unless he'd beaten the top 2-3 recently was just a ho hum fight #5 wasn't taken serious. ), not like today when the top 4 contenders all have a belt so seldom fight each other.

A champ who reached down for number 7 was having a tune up fight...today if a champ fights the #7 man he's #2 or 3 in a belt factory line...and a big deal is made of it.

I was on a boxing com, and needed a 'pen name', Some one who had been that good for that long, with so little skill, just dogged rugged determination, impressed me more later than at the time.

He came to fight, did, took his beating like a man and went down swinging.

The man was 100% tough grit.

Bo Bo means stupid or worse in Spanish. That's ok.

In the early '50's, Boxing was the number two sport in the US until TV came. The Nealson rating box was not put in bars, where most men watched the fights 3-4 times a week. So 'I love Lucy' KO'ed boxing...in 'nobody' was watching it.

That is why boxing died... Don King helped.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I would like to know if they are going to bring out a .5 or a .7 italic nib?
I think they are great pens but the Italic nibs are too big!

Enjoy the trip!

Are there plans for a stainless steel Lamy 2000 mechanical pencil?

Well, I'm not sure when, but there is a stainless steel Lamy 2000 mp shown at their site, so it could be released soon: http://www.lamy.com/eng/b2c/2000 http://www.lamy.com/eng/b2c/2000/102_2000_metal

And it looks like Fahrney's has it available for pre-order (and expected on the 30th, or the end of this week)...

:D

I would, also, like to ask if they intend to offer an EF nib in the 2000 pen? The Fine nib which is offered in this pen presents a line which is somewhere between a Fine and Medium line. I, of course, would prefer a nib as close to a EF or F which is offered by the manufacturer.

The 2000 already comes in an EF, so your wish is granted. :)

Add me to the chorus for a purple Safari.

Also, given the ridiculous prices that Terracotta and Savannah Safaris fetch on the secondhand market, I'd like to ask them to consider reissuing those colors as limited editions, too.

Bo Bo means stupid or worse in Spanish. That's ok.

:lticaptd:

You crack me up when I least expect it.

I too want to know why the discontinued the MK. Is it the same as the current M?

Will they ever revive discontinued designs, apart from the Lamy 2000?

Fun trip!!!

Besides a standard purple safari, line up is missing dark standard green, (to go with standard red, yellow, blue, orange, Purple).

Yes on the Terra/vanna re-issue, Plus,

There was a matte patterned finish on the terra/vanna, might they consider a second rainbow of colors in similar matte finish?

How about special LE's for FPN?

Special LE nib in gold?

How about making Lamy trays to hold Safari rainbows?

Is Lamy aware of FPN? (Lamy USA posts infrequently).

Think everything else was covered.

Have fun!

I won a Lamy factory tour sponsored by a local newspaper, for this coming Friday morning.

I live about a 15 minute drive away. I was there once, but the man in charge of drop in with out an appointment visitors was not there and I never made it back.

I assume we want to know the nib width slop/tolerance sizes. Like Ron Z did for Sheaffer nibs.

What else?

Why Violet ink is not in bottles....do many of you use that nice ink?

Would you buy a bottle?

If you own a Artus pen and have questions, Lamy made them...at least after the war.

So I'll bundle up the questions on Thursday, and print them out, and give them to the guide.

US Wednesday night deadline = Thursday by me.

Yes, I want to know if they intend to bottle their Violet. I would use it if it came in a bottle.

Pat Trent - The photo is my dog, Seneca

Are the gold nibs made in-house?

I saw in their recent promo video they say the nibs are made there, but somehow the way it was phrased left me wondering if they were just talking about the steel ones.

"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

Well, I'm not sure when, but there is a stainless steel Lamy 2000 mp shown at their site, so it could be released soon: http://www.lamy.com/eng/b2c/2000 http://www.lamy.com/eng/b2c/2000/102_2000_metal

And it looks like Fahrney's has it available for pre-order (and expected on the 30th, or the end of this week)...

:D

Damn I just bought the normal one yesterday...the steel one looks really nice. Oh well it's out of my price range anyway

Congratulations. Ask if you can take photos...we want pictures!!

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

"I would, also, like to ask if they intend to offer an EF nib in the 2000 pen? The Fine nib which is offered in this pen presents a line which is somewhere between a Fine and Medium line. I, of course, would prefer a nib as close to a EF or F which is offered by the manufacturer."

I own the EF nib 2000, but it writes more like a Fine to Medium depending on the type of ink and paper. I would prefer a true EF nib for the 2000 pen. Since Lamy is a western nib manufacturer, maybe the question should be, "When will Lamy offer a EEF nib for the 2000"?

coffeetoofull