The Fellowship of the Danitrio

jlepens

I have images of the nine penwratiths searching for the one Dani pen to rule them all.

Just because I am an engineer and nerd does not mean I am that far gone. I did not even read The Lord of the Rings books. Though Vigo is cute!

I was thinking more along the lines of "the Fellowship of Free Software Foundation Europe", a group of people with a shared interest.

:embarrassed_smile: Yeah, the castle thing came from the movie! :embarrassed_smile:

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jlepens

• mava

• OboeJuan

• kiavonne

Welcome to all fellow Dani owners.

OK so the group is called "The Danitrio Fellowship"? When do we raid our King's castle?? And no I don't need an invitation. Lemme plug in the address in my GPS and it's game over. I want to live like a Danitrio King for a day... please???? :crybaby:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3448/3377063898_1eaf38aeda_o.jpg

The Danitrio Fellowship

OK so the group is called "The Danitrio Fellowship"? When do we raid our King's castle?? And no I don't need an invitation. Lemme plug in the address in my GPS and it's game over. I want to live like a Danitrio King for a day... please???? :crybaby:

Like I said, penwraith. :roflmho:

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

"Like I said, penwraith."

:roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: .........

I've fallen and I can't get up because I can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ltcapd: :ltcapd: :ltcapd: :ltcapd: :ltcapd: :ltcapd: :ltcapd: :ltcapd: ......................... Can't breathe!

I guess you should count me in as well. While I don't own any of the urushi or maki-e pens, I've got a classic, Cum Laude, Tosca, and an alphaplus prototype. All are great writers.

However, I think any plans to lay seige to the castle will need to be well thought out, as I remember when Kevin posted images of a Miyamoto Mushashi inspired pen, he mentioned that he has studied Kendo :yikes:

Edited by French

Wow! You guys have gone off the deep end. Of course ... I went off the deep end long ago. This Fellowship thing might work. Okay, I admit it. I'm in.

I guess you should count me in as well. While I don't own any of the urushi or maki-e pens, I've got a classic, Cum Laude, Tosca, and an alphaplus prototype. All are great writers.

However, I think any plans to lay seige to the castle will need to be well thought out, as I remember when Kevin posted images of a Miyamoto Mushashi inspired pen, he mentioned that he has studied Kendo :yikes:

I suspect the seige will turn out to be more of a pilgrimage to see the (not) holy relics and return with heirlooms of our own! :roflmho: :crybaby:

We seem to take over the board periodically with the wonderful pictures, so I thought we might need a calling card, hence the name. Like trading marbles, it is so nice to see what others got and plan your next raid of your budget (purchase) while using the pens you already have. When I write Kevin a letter or note, I always use a Danitrio pen.

Anyway I thought this thread would be fun, kinda like a Pen Posse meeting, and it has!

I suspect the seige will turn out to be more of a pilgrimage to see the (not) holy relics and return with heirlooms of our own! :roflmho: :crybaby:

We seem to take over the board periodically with the wonderful pictures, so I thought we might need a calling card, hence the name. Like trading marbles, it is so nice to see what others got and plan your next raid of your budget (purchase) while using the pens you already have. When I write Kevin a letter or note, I always use a Danitrio pen.

Anyway I thought this thread would be fun, kinda like a Pen Posse meeting, and it has!

When will this "pilgrimage" happen Joi? I say let's get a California-wide Fellowship of the Danitrio meeting somewhere in the middle... San Luis Obispo or something and go to town sharing our "Fellowship of the Danitrio!"

The Danitrio Fellowship

When will this "pilgrimage" happen Joi? I say let's get a California-wide Fellowship of the Danitrio meeting somewhere in the middle... San Luis Obispo or something and go to town sharing our "Fellowship of the Danitrio!"

And I say all you Californians need to go skiing or hiking or bird watching or something in Colorado. No fair laying siege to the Winedoc castle without me!

Who is the artist amongst us? The Nib & Graal symbol would likely look nice on a Tame-Midori, too...

Hm, The Nib & Graal. Sounds like a good pub for a good pen meeting.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

I'm thinking this summer. Since we can't afford to go to Japan as a group, how about a meeting in Santa Barbara?

I'm thinking this summer. Since we can't afford to go to Japan as a group, how about a meeting in Santa Barbara?

:notworthy1: :thumbup:

The Danitrio Fellowship

Seriously though, I am really thinking about having another trip to Japan so you guys and gals can raid the workshops of maki-e artists. LOL. And I will be fighting with any of you trying to get in first. Folks from the last trip would attest the trip is NOT commercial at all, and in fact, the Boss of Danitrio was generous enough to ask his Japanese associate to be an interpreter for whoever wanted to visit Nakaya. I told him that many pen folks like to compare Danitrio pens to Nakaya's, he frankly told me he does not like the comparason as he believe a company should just mind their own business and do the best they could.

This years LA show, I can't host my usual wine party because of my brother can't help me this year, but I intent to bring it back next year as they were quite popular. Of course members of Pen Posse, LA Legion, and the Fellowship are all invited. I will gladly invite the boss of Danitrio so you guys can chat with him. He is a very nice elderly gent, like Gandolf... but shorter LOL. Last time we had him at one of the gathering, he shared his views on urushi and maki-e freely... and he brought premium sake too to share :-)

I have to tell a interesting story. Danitrio is a company who let their artist do their own thing. Basically, the boss will give them a rough budget, a general theme and let the artists go create their own stuff.... well, this one time, he told his artist he wants to create 4 pens for $10,000 total, the artist misunderstood and created 4 pens for $10,000 EACH.... hence your ultra premium Mikado maki-e were born. LOL

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Seriously though, I am really thinking about having another trip to Japan so you guys and gals can raid the workshops of maki-e artists. LOL. And I will be fighting with any of you trying to get in first. Folks from the last trip would attest the trip is NOT commercial at all, and in fact, the Boss of Danitrio was generous enough to ask his Japanese associate to be an interpreter for whoever wanted to visit Nakaya. I told him that many pen folks like to compare Danitrio pens to Nakaya's, he frankly told me he does not like the comparason as he believe a company should just mind their own business and do the best they could.

This years LA show, I can't host my usual wine party because of my brother can't help me this year, but I intent to bring it back next year as they were quite popular. Of course members of Pen Posse, LA Legion, and the Fellowship are all invited. I will gladly invite the boss of Danitrio so you guys can chat with him. He is a very nice elderly gent, like Gandolf... but shorter LOL. Last time we had him at one of the gathering, he shared his views on urushi and maki-e freely... and he brought premium sake too to share :-)

I have to tell a interesting story. Danitrio is a company who let their artist do their own thing. Basically, the boss will give them a rough budget, a general theme and let the artists go create their own stuff.... well, this one time, he told his artist he wants to create 4 pens for $10,000 total, the artist misunderstood and created 4 pens for $10,000 EACH.... hence your ultra premium Mikado maki-e were born. LOL

Kevin

The Prez better hurry up fixing the economy....I am as in as I can get for a Japan trip (at this moment). I look forward to the Wine party in 2010. Let me know if I can bring anything as you put it together.

What do you think about a Summer Pen Posse meeting of Central and Southern California in Santa Barbara?

The Prez better hurry up fixing the economy....I am as in as I can get for a Japan trip (at this moment). I look forward to the Wine party in 2010. Let me know if I can bring anything as you put it together.

What do you think about a Summer Pen Posse meeting of Central and Southern California in Santa Barbara?

Forget 2010! I want a winefest with King Danitrio NOW! Santa Barbara or bust! :notworthy1:

Edited by mava

The Danitrio Fellowship

My Danitrio Fellowship met today and they discussed this year's capital budget adjustments to increase overall membership. Here's a picture I took of the meeting:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mava330/DSCN3227_2.jpg

:roflmho: :headsmack:

The Danitrio Fellowship