Staples Bagasse paper rules!

Mrsal

Is there a product code on it ?

if someone could supply the product code on it then i could search for it via code on the web site.

The 2x A4 pad pack = Item# 37541

The 2x A5 pad pack = Item# 37540

The A4 Notebook = Item# 37538

HTH

http://www.myspace.com/gothmeister

http://www.gothmeister-imaging.com

http://www.facebook.com/gothmeister

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

"And fighting time so hard I pray that this moment lasts forever and will the world stay standing still, at least, for me...." --- "Standing" VNV Nation

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gothmeister

• Inka

• bardharlock

• declanh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a product code on it ?

if someone could supply the product code on it then i could search for it via code on the web site.

The 2x A4 pad pack = Item# 37541

The 2x A5 pad pack = Item# 37540

The A4 Notebook = Item# 37538

HTH

thanks for this but no luck finding these online even by these codes...

suppose i will just have to wait till they sell it online (if ever)

Writing Pad

Composition Notebook

Notebook 9-1/2 X 6

Notebook 8 1/2 X 11

The key search term is eco-friendly, which I only know because I went looking for (and found) them in a B&M Staples and typed in the word, as spelled, from the back of one of the notebooks I bought. I love the stuff.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

I haven't found it mentioned anywhere else, so maybe I have a flawed pack, but a pad of the Bagasse paper, small size 5x7ish, is oddly patterned. The front is correctly lined with the margin on the left. However, when I turn the paper over, the lines are in the same place as the front! In other words, the margin is on the right. The top of the paper is in the same place as the front, and the margin line is directly underneath the margin on the front. I have a bad photo to illustrate:

back of page

See what I mean? Anyone else see this issue?

Henry

I haven't found it mentioned anywhere else, so maybe I have a flawed pack, but a pad of the Bagasse paper, small size 5x7ish, is oddly patterned. The front is correctly lined with the margin on the left. However, when I turn the paper over, the lines are in the same place as the front! In other words, the margin is on the right. The top of the paper is in the same place as the front, and the margin line is directly underneath the margin on the front. I have a bad photo to illustrate:

back of page

Henry

Umm, mine is the same way. Edit: Mine are 8.5" x 11" pads.

I use very dark, saturated inks and there is a lot of showthrough (but no bleedthrough.) I never really considered using both sides, so I never looked closely. I usually tear each sheet off as I use it. If I leave sheets in pad form and write on several pages, there is a lot of showthrough from the following page too.

If the margin line were printed correctly, it would show through objectionable. I like it (a lot) as scratch paper, but this stuff is basically onion-skin.

Edited by JohnS-MI

I have three of the 8.5" x 11" inch notebooks sitting here and none of them has this phenomenon, although the right margin line from the front does show through to the back (and vice versa). In these notebooks, there's only a single line for the margins. Now I'm curious about the smaller notebooks and will have to think of an excuse to justify driving to the local B&M store.

I, too, see some show-through, especially with the darker, more saturated inks. It doesn't bother me, but this is definitely a matter of personal preference. What did impress me was that there was no bleed-through at all when I had a pen blort an excess of PR Ebony Purple.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

... a pad of the Bagasse paper, small size 5x7ish, is oddly patterned. The front is correctly lined with the margin on the left. However, when I turn the paper over, the lines are in the same place as the front! ...

Henry

I have the 8.5" x 11" pad and I observe the same scenario as Henry

So I have to use the the reverse side in an "upside-down" fashion to make the margin work.

--Brian

The world seldom recognizes genius, but when it does it squashes it with the abject tedium of compromise.

-- Manservant Neville (The Middleman: The Clotharian Contamination Protocol)

I noticed this when I first started using the paper. I use it for sermon notes, ideas when drafting sermon outlines & such so it doesn't bother me since I do use it for final draft matters. On the occasion I use it for letters, I don't use the back side due to the show-through.

I have a bigger problem with the smaller, lined Rhodia pads that have the same margin width as what we would call the legal size lined Rhodia.

Writing Pad

Composition Notebook

Notebook 9-1/2 X 6

Notebook 8 1/2 X 11

The key search term is eco-friendly, which I only know because I went looking for (and found) them in a B&M Staples and typed in the word, as spelled, from the back of one of the notebooks I bought. I love the stuff.

Thanks for this, I should have made clear I was looking for these on UK staples site.

Dont think staples will post from the US to UK.

D

back of page

Henry

Yup...same here with both the A5 and A4 size pads. But the A4 notebook has the margin consistently on the left on each side.

Edited by Gothmeister

http://www.myspace.com/gothmeister

http://www.gothmeister-imaging.com

http://www.facebook.com/gothmeister

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

"And fighting time so hard I pray that this moment lasts forever and will the world stay standing still, at least, for me...." --- "Standing" VNV Nation

Notebooks and pads are margined differently with most papers. A pad (bound at the top) is envisioned as being used by folding back or tearing off the page, and writing the page backs "upside down" -- my Pentel Expert pads not only have the margin line on the left edge for a back page flipped upside down, but they run the writing rules all the way to the "top" (which has become the bottom) of the back of the page (not terribly practical given how much of the page is wrapped over the binding if you fold back, but very practical if you tear out and flip).

Oddly, the sample of Bagasse paper I received from all_my_hues actually shows less spread, bleed, and show-through than the Pentel Expert pads I have; I'm looking forward to getting a full pack of the 8.5x11 pads (hopefully soon), because it works well with every pen and ink I have.

Does not always write loving messages.

Does not always foot up columns correctly.

Does not always sign big checks.

• 7 years later...

I popped into my local Staples to pick up a few bits and bobs for the children's up and coming exams when I stumbled upon the fabled Bagasse refill pads.

I've scribbled on them with loads of inks and they all look crisp with no feathering (even from Sheaffer's Black and Ina Ho)

They are absolutely gorgeous to use :wub: :wub: way better for me than The Rhodia Uni and managing to subdue my Q Connect Bank paper fetish :rolleyes:

I only bought a twin A4 pack :crybaby:

GUTTED !
The pads are like hen's teeth here in the UK so can see myself returning to stock up.