Lamy Safari

haywoody

On 2/17/2022 at 9:17 AM, christof said:

I think that the color of this China Special Edition could be exactly the same as the announced "Stawberry" . It seems that they have to economise at LAMY...

Not true!  I am honestly surprised to learn that the two colors are slightly different:

51989540110_feda214609_k.jpg

51989267904_a09f472941_k.jpg

And I like them both!!

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• christof

• Uffuffa

• Anne-Sophie

• pen2paper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Christof thanks for the photos. Strawberry and China  Special Edition have a slightly different shade of red, what about the regular Safari red beside the texture?  

just bought lamy safari .. was kinda not happy when someone told me about that pen .. 
plus .. now i have happy owner ... 

my parker vector xl ruined my jacket ... so  i bought umbra color. 

i realy love that pen ... i will be my last pen i guess ... i dont like any pen get scratches so i choose lamy safari . 

2 hours ago, jemadux said:

just bought lamy safari .. was kinda not happy when someone told me about that pen .. 
plus .. now i have happy owner ... 

my parker vector xl ruined my jacket ... so  i bought umbra color. 

i realy love that pen ... i will be my last pen i guess ... i dont like any pen get scratches so i choose lamy safari . 

You are from Greece ? 

Why would this be your last pen ?

Ah, the innocence in that statement. 😀We all remember when we first thought we'd found our last pen.  I certainly did too!

4 hours ago, jemadux said:

.. i will be my last pen i guess ... 

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

5 hours ago, jemadux said:

i will be my last pen i guess ...

I agree with the others. Keep telling that to yourself and safe some money for the next one(s). 😆

15 hours ago, Black Spot said:

You are from Greece ? 

Why would this be your last pen ?

probably if i find a new lamy safari se probably i will buy it . 

18 hours ago, jemadux said:

All pens are susceptible to scratches, scuffing, or other unwanted cosmetic marring if you don't look after them properly, or drop them accidentally. You'd probably be better off with pens with finishes that you can polish to remove light scratches by yourself.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

1 hour ago, jemadux said:

if i find a new lamy safari se probably i will buy it . 

There it is, you are already lost. 😉

30 minutes ago, Astronymus said:

There it is, you are already lost. 😉

if i find something i love in se ... i think will take much time to get one .. 

• 2 weeks later...

I took delivery of a full set Lamy Safari Red with black clip today. this post helped me a lot identifying the pen. Its the second generation with W.Germany stamp. Fountain pen is slightly used maybe just to try. Other 3 pen in the set look brand new. Just very happy to get it. Who wants the pictures ? I will be able to put them in a few hours. Its the first time I have seen a full set of red safaris from 80's.

I am not normally attracted to the shiny finish plastic Safaris (the ones I have are all matte finish).  But the bright red with the black clip?  WOW!  

Nice find, 77Kalem!

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

3 hours ago, christof said:

Nice set.

There was a Twin pen too:

50601085373_7f2888a725_c.jpgLAMY Safari Twin Pen by C.M.Z, auf Flickr

wow , I have an alpine white twin pen but its from a later day I believe. I did not know about the twin pen in red with black clip . So its 4/5....

• 1 year later...

52888866369_2737184a39_c.jpg

After buying the Starbucks rollerball in this gorgeous green, I found that starbucks had even applied different greens of their CI to different LAMY Safari  😳

52993292703_7ee98d1fc3.jpg
source: https://creative.starbucks.com/color/

So I called that nice gentleman from Feng Yuan Pens in Hong Kong again and asked him to send me the second version of the Starbucks green as well. The fountain pen is a slightly darker green than the rollerball (I would have preferred the reverse 😒 )

52991774654_23bae9a584_c.jpg

but here's a comparison:
52991874919_c37b2f1ea0_c.jpg

from top down:
Petrol 2017
Starbucks Green (roller ball) 2022
Starbucks House Green (fountain pen) 2022
Savannah 1980/2021

The only thing I've ever wanted is to own an example of each safari color. But if it goes on like this.... 😬

I still want the 2006 French Blue color but, matte with a matching clip.

I have the perfect ink for it, which temporarily resides in my 2019 Light Blue but, is obviously too dark and blue for it. 

My 2023 Aqua Sky is perfect with Lamy Pacific and the Al Star Petrol has a blue under-tint that the Safari 2017 Petrol doesn't have.

So many thanks to Lamy for bringing so many teals and blues for lovers of these colors.

I still want a matte French Blue with matching clip. 😄

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?