Welcome to the Parker Forum!

amin

Welcome everyone to a forum created for discussion of all things Parker!

As most of you know, Parker's innovative technology and design have led to several of the most significant pens of the past century.

Whether you enjoy vintage or modern Parkers, you are in the right place!

I look forward to learning with you all as we continue to build on the already rich source of Parker information found here at the Nuthouse ;).

Edited by amin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• Woody1

• Chrissy

• DominatoSpace

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well said, Amin. Indeed, this is the place for all Parker fans can gather and share their thoughts and information on vintage and modern Parkers. B)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/es-canary-islands-flag1s.gif Bendita mi tierra guanche.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm new to FPN - my intor in is the new member section.

From what I have read, I hear there are some pretty adiment Parker and Parker 51 fans on thi site. I didn't want anyone to think that they needed to look at the picture of my "Twelve Pack" and think I needed encouragement to try out the 51's. I pulled out my box of WORKING 51's and took some Pix of them. Will post one here and put a few more out on Flickr in my page and then dump a couple in the fountain pen sight.

I've been very fortunate to obtain a few really nice NOS 51's from eBay, but some have not been so great, so if PENHOUND ever out bid you there, be thankful. I got some real losers and a few that really just need to be cleaned and fine tuned. (I've just spent my pen money on other pens rather than repair. :>)

I was primarily a strickly Parker fan when I first started with my GOOD collection. Having grown and not been fond of anything new from Parker since the release of the NEW 51's a few years back. The last Parker I bought was the Anniversary Jotter. Even the current line of Duofold's don't excite me. Got t say Vintage Parker is currently the only way to go for me.

post-47-1160500671_thumb.jpg

Welcome! I think you have outbid me at one point or another, so thank you I guess? :P

So those new Duofolds don't do it for you, eh? What about the old ones? More and more I am a Duofold fan. I've got my sights set on a Check Olive, but it will be a while before I get one...

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am new to this network but I have collected various Fountain Pens. The one that started me off was a Parker vacumatic with the short clip. It is Black with a stainless steel cap. I did not pay a lot for it but the button fill was not working, I think the sack had broken. I took it to a pen shop to find out what it was and was it worth fixing. It was the same time that Parker had brought out the new Parker 51 which was well over £100 to buy. I was advised that it was worth fixing and I paid about £40 for the repair. It has a broad nib and was a very nice instrument to write with. (I would never have paid £40 for it in the first place but there was something attractive about this plain pen).

I was hooked, I used it daily and I started buying all sorts of fountain pens and browsing shops that sold them. I am now the proud owner of a various models of the old Parker 51's. I did not stop there I bought Parker 45s all colours old and new, Duofolds, Slimfolds, Parker 17s including the supers and the lady. Parker 25s Harlequin 80. If it was a Parker fountain pen I bought it then tried to get every model and colour. I was browsing in WH Smiths when I saw a Parker 100 although I did not intend to buy any pens at that time I had to have it so out came the Credit Card. I used the pen daily until I started using another pen. It was then cleaned and put away in its rather heavy box. My family think that I am a bit sad buying all of these pens and can not understand my enthusiasm. Another one of my pens that I enjoy is the Sonnet ascension which is a beautiful purple in a nice box. I have not managed to get a Maxima although I have bid on a few. There are still a few Parker models that I need to get and others that I have bought but not mentioned. A number of them I have never inked. I have not restricted myself to Parkers but that will be for another forum. I have pens all over the house and even buy them for my children. My wife has tried out a few fountain pens and claimed them for her own (so I bought some more to replace them). I will have to catalogue my pens because I do not have a clue about how many I have.

I enjoy reading the things that others write about their interest in pens because it reassures me that I am “normal”.

:thumbup:

Edited by bobif

• 2 months later...

Hello

I just received a Parker Duofold Lucky Curve from a colleague. How does the button filler work? The nib is in good condition, I've dipped it and it writes smoothly. I am unfamiliar with this filling device and would like to determine if it works. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hello

I just received a Parker Duofold Lucky Curve from a colleague. How does the button filler work? The nib is in good condition, I've dipped it and it writes smoothly. I am unfamiliar with this filling device and would like to determine if it works. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Here are the directions from Richard Binder's site

Button Design: Mechanical ink-sac squeeze. A button at the end of the barrel bends a spring-metal pressure bar to squeeze the sac laterally.

To fill: Remove blind cap. Immerse nib and part of section into ink. Press button firmly until it stops, then release. Wait five seconds. Press and release button again, wait five seconds longer. Remove pen from ink and clean. Replace blind cap.

• 1 month later...

As most of you know, Parker's innovative technology and design have led to several of the most significant pens of the past century.

I look forward to learning with you all as we continue to build on the already rich source of Parker information found here at the Nuthouse ;).

post-25754-1231834841_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone!. Although I am new to the idea of communicating with fellow Parker lovers, I am not new to Parker ownership. My first Parker fountain pen was the venerable 45. This one ( I still cherish it ) is the all brushed metal with gold accents model. I received it as a college graduation present. Throughout college, I wrote all of my essays with a red styrene barrel Parker Jotter... Is it OK to talk about the Jotter here?

Recently I purchased a new Parker 45 with the navy blue plastic pen body and brushed steel cap. This new pen has the same medium nib as the former 45 but doesn't seem to write the same crisp line. Both pens are filled with Parker ink in cartridge form but the older 45 is loaded with that beautiful dark black Parker ink. The new pen is running the blue Parker ink and to tell you the truth, I'm not sold on that blue ink. It appears to run a bit and make a wider ink path on the same paper as I use with the black Parker ink.

I've got to admit that I own more than one Jotter these days. In fact, I own 20 :embarrassed_smile: but am giving 8 of them away. Aside from the pedestrian black, red and blue Jotters found in any decent stationary store, I have 9 more exotic colors including a sort of dusty rose color (10 of those, 8 to be given as gifts).

I'm saving my money for a top-of-the-line Parker fountain pen but meanwhile, I enjoy my 45's and Jotters.

I look forward to talking to you all about the joys of Parker pen ownership.

• 5 weeks later...

Thats Great ..

I am new to this site but I am not new to Parker Fountain Pen world. I have some of the greatest parker Fountain Pens..

I am looking forward to share my knowldege and experience with Parker and if I need some help I hope people here will help me.

Thanks again.

---------------------

A.S.Mann

• 6 months later...

To anyone listening....why is it that so many pen tops are always a little lighter or darker that the pen barrels...???

Regards and have a good one....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, great forum.

I'm relatively new to fountain pens in general, but I have several Parker pens such as rollerballs and calligraphy pens; so, besides the Duofold, what is a good Parker pen to get?

Wherever you go, there you are.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

To anyone listening....why is it that so many pen tops are always a little lighter or darker that the pen barrels...???

Hello. I was told that early inks contained solvents that evaporated and discolored the pen.

The fumes could pentrate the old rubber sac to discolor the barrel, and leak from the point

to discolor the cap. The part of the cap, at the cap rings, is not exposed to sac or nib,

it is often still the original color. I see it mostly in Parker Duofold pens.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !