• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amin

• Apollo

• Barrister

• europen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One more thing . . . can anyone explain how you put pictures in the corners of these emails?

Do you mean the "avatars" (pictures) to the left with the member's name? If you do it's under "My Controls" at the top of the page. Then go to "Edit avatar settings" one of the choices along the left.

Welcome to FPN Barrister.

• 1 month later...

I have just joined as a Parker collector and I want to put up my wish list:

My wish list

Aside from some very special Parker eyedroppers I am specifically looking for a lizard pattern Parker Duofold or Victory from England in the early 40's.

If anyone knows of any please let me know. I have a special branch of my collection with Newhaven nibs including herringbones, but no spiral patterns yet.

Missed out on a Parker 45 and a 46 on eBay recently - they went for really good prices, I was a bit silly and nervous.

Edited by skybird

Sic Transit Gloria

"Gloria gets seasick"

• 2 years later...

Ssshhhhhh! Don't tell the other Admins... I'm a fan of Parker too... ;) :lol:

EDIT - don't think I've said this yet, so Congrats and Welcome, Amin and Apollo! I'm sure you'll love it here. B)

raf.

You know itz very strange I have one Parker it is my first fountain pen. I could have bought any other fountain pen but I chose Parker. They really show quality in their work, they emphasize quality and not at a steep price "for beginners." That to me plus how they setup their website is astonishing for any website in general. I don't believe that I have ever seen a website as detailed as the Parker website, as well as all the information. I purchased a Parker Frontier for a few reasons, one was because it was full metal jacket, second it had a nib that was gold plated, third it just looks great, and fourth it should become a classic because they are not making it anymore.

Looking around at many of the pen companies when your a first buyer, you notice that other pens are just starting to catch on to what Parker has been doing for a long time. Parker produces quality at all price ranges it has a standard at the low price range and the quality only goes up as you go higher in price.

Good job FPN

Good job Parker.

• 2 months later...

Don't really know why you're embarrassed about these pens, could you explain further.

I have had many Parkers since I left High school in 1956 and last year found the absolute perfect

51special...Medium nib, dark teal, has to be the smoothest nib I have ever written with. This coupled

with Aurora Green ink is pen nirvana!

Thanks in advance,

LEE

Lee Rappeport

I am a big '51 fan and have several, including double jewels in several colors as well as some demi's. My favorite find of all was a Black Giant that I bought for $17

• 11 months later...

My first 51-set just rocks, they look very well in the collection!!!

But my all time favourite is the parker 45 line!!!

• 2 years later...

I just received an older 45 as a gift and am having it checked it out as it has been left dormant for at least 40 years. I am new to fountain pens. Any recommendations as to using bottled ink versus cartridge and any care recommendations to make sure it lasts for another 40?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

Well done to all that contributed to this blog. I grew up with Parker and only discovering the LE and SE of the Duofold later in life, honnestly think that Parker is the best Pen in the World. Looking at their past successes of the 51, 75, Sonnets and Duofolds past and present. They designed some of the best and most aestheticaly pleasing pens in the World.

I must admit that the new designs are a bit too strombolic for me but I have an extensive collection of all sorts of not too long ago-past and present models to my utter enjoyment.

Well done to them.

I also have many various other makes but also love the MontBlancs, Omas and Lamy

We have limited good pen retailers and no dedicated Pen retailer here in South Africa but still manage to aquire beautifull specimens through the local distributors and the "old faithfull" E-bay.

Thats my 5c worth. Oh here are some examples of my collection. Enjoy.

post-77045-0-38354000-1386160721.jpg

post-77045-0-52422500-1386160872_thumb.jpg

post-77045-0-99999400-1386160916.jpg

post-77045-0-88349600-1386160993_thumb.jpg

post-77045-0-08997400-1386161036.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

(1) BTW, Very nice images, PA Harris.

(2) In this hndwrtn post the pens are the Vacumatic (Quink Black) and 45 (Herbin Pensee violette). Image didn't catch the upper corners.

post-109472-0-45164100-1397574606_thumb.jpg

No man is a slave unless he is willing to be bought by another. (EP)

Also...a selection of Prkrs...

post-109472-0-78080500-1397574856_thumb.jpg

No man is a slave unless he is willing to be bought by another. (EP)

• 1 month later...

yeah

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

• 3 weeks later...

Granted, I'm new, though why would anyone ever be embarrassed by a pen that writes to beautifully? :)

i am also new, but i am jealous seeing your parker pen collection. i feel shy to say that, i had not used even a single parker pen till today. might be due to its high cost. i am planning to buy two parker im series fountain pens. please give me some details about them about their quality and writing nature. recently i bought 4 sheaffers 440 pens. they are really good. thanks

sriram

hai,

new to this website :) . but really enjoying all the information about a FOUNTAIN PEN. i am having 3 sheaffer legacy heritage 9031. recently bought sheaffer 440. till today i did not touch a parker pen. i want to buy at-least two pens of parker im series. please give me some information about im series, ie about quality and writing parameters. parker 51s are my favorite pens. i wish to have one pen

thanks

sriram.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...

I'm not going to tell my husband what you said, mitto -- because I know that his answer will be "It is NOT a competition!" :rolleyes:

Actually, I'm surprisingly content with the number of 51s I have -- I have a range of colors, I have a several different nib widths.  There's a couple of 51 Vac colors I'd maybe like to get (but I'm not willing to go crazy on prices).  There are some 51 colors you couldn't pay me enough to take off your hands (I have no interest in Cocoa at all, for instance -- think the color is ugly, and don't care how "rare" it is; ditto for Nassau Green).  Would I like to get a full-size Plum at some point?  Sure.  But not for the prices I've seen them go for (I've got the Plum Demi to tide me over in the meantime -- because Plum is Plum; and I actually paid MORE for the Midnight Blue Aero, and a bit more for the Dove Gray 51 Vac than the Plummer as well).  I'm still making up my mind about Cordovan Brown.  I don't really like the color all that much, and suspect that I keep looking at them ONLY because of the one I got sniped on a few years ago, after having built up a lovely rapport with the seller, who'd get back to me in a day or two with the answers from the pen's original owners (yeah, 5 or 6 years later, and I'm still steamed by the sniper bid, with not enough time for me to respond before the end of the auction....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

On 12/5/2020 at 8:59 AM, mitto said:

Am I sick? The number of P51 I own is soon to reach 1000. Beside other Parkers. And I am still buying. 

I am glad I am not alone in collecting far more pens than I will ever use. For me part of the hobby is rebuilding pens. It took me several years, but I managed to rebuild several Olsen Vacumatic Pens. I don’t think they are worth more than American and Canadian versions, but they are more uncommon, and there is a sense of accomplishment in rebuilding these pens.

Whenever I am asked which pens are my favorite, I steal the phrase : “the next one...”

93FF7C4F-31D1-46DE-8985-40B4D90F570B.jpeg

On 12/5/2020 at 11:59 AM, mitto said:

Am I sick? The number of P51 I own is soon to reach 1000. Beside other Parkers. And I am still buying. 

Congratulations, Khan!  You are one of the truly kind souls on this forum. I always enjoy reading your comments and our emails too.   Hope you & your loved ones are all well during these difficult times. Years ago, I thought I was crazy when I reached 1,000 fountain pens. But 1,000 of the same model, the great Parker 51! That is an extraordinary accomplishment. So pleased for you and for the pens themselves to be housed in the collection of such a gentleman. Be well, sir. Best wishes, Barry