ZHENJUE

oneill

Can anyone give me a link to whoever sells or makes the above pen, someone gave one to me and I find it to be so reliable and such a great writer I would like to buy more, any assistance would be appreciated. Bryan

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oneill

• Monophoto

• Bo Bo Olson

• riff raff

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone give me a link to whoever sells or makes the above pen, someone gave one to me and I find it to be so reliable and such a great writer I would like to buy more, any assistance would be appreciated. Bryan

I thought the brand looked familiar, and a quick ebay search revealed that fpn member speerbob sells the brand on his web site. He only lists one model, but may have others. I am not affiliated, but have made numerous extremely satisfactory transactions with him, both on ebay and through Marketplace. You could pm him and ask if he has any more, as I have acquired pens from him that way.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm new to the forum; but I've been using a Zhenjue medium nib piston-fill for about a year now as my primary pen--replacing my 1950's Wearever as my every-day pen. I love it. I got it off ebay from a seller called "inevergiveup2008" at his eBay store, "The story of 2046," for $10.00 including shipping from China. He sells a bunch of things besides pens; but his selection of fountain pens is pretty well stocked.

A question in return, do you thin your ink to make it work with a fine-nib pen or is there a special grade of ink needed?

Regards,

Jamie Waldron

I found this link.

-mike

"...Madness takes its toll."

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4120/4954883548_bb6177bea0_m.jpghttp://www.clubtuzki.com/sites/default/files/icon24.gifhttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/5152062692_8037fd369c_t.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4088/5152115656_e8d75849f1_t.jpg

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." – J.R.R. Tolkien

DO NOT use India ink in your fountain pen.

Normal fountain pen inks can be used in all fountain pens.

It depends on what you want your ink to do, and what your nib allows you and what paper you are using...

Writing is 1/3 nib width and flex + pen balance, 1/3 ink and 1/3 paper.

I like my inks to shade, IE to be two toned.

A narrower nib makes it lighter with darker trails,

medium middle more some of each,

and broad darker with lighter trails.

To me it looks more like it was written by a fountain pen.

Some folks ...snide remark :rolleyes: ....like an ink like a roller ball, with but one tone...but vibrant and deep. Saturated inks.

Could be some of them shade too...I'm too Ink Noobie to know, only having 10 inks.

Some of those folks who are new and are unfamiliar with shading inks, and don't think ink should shade.

To each his taste, but one should try a good sample of both before drawing an opinion.

I don't have any saturated inks....yet...some day, I will buy some, now though I have a lot of shading inks to buy.

In all fairness you should try both.

You should go to Richard Binder's com,(sorry I can't link) and read all that is there....

It is the basics of fountain pens. The pen filling systems, nibs and covers inks as low maintenance and middle and high maintenance inks. Saturated inks are high maintenance. You got to clean your pens more often.

I have two shading inks, that work with all my pens, on normal paper...better paper is better for it. I had some Lamy Turquoise; the bench mark for Turquoise, but it was blaaa ink. I saw on the two reviews of it, in the ink section, it SHADED!.

I immediately used a just slightly better paper, than the copy paper I was using, and it shaded with a normal flex pen.

I have MB Toffee, a very nice brown, and Waterman South Sea Blue, a vibrant Blue-turquoise, that I recommend over Lamy's.

I should put up an organized list of shading inks give to me by the members.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.