• chris burton

• PAKMAN

• Inkstain

• JulioPB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Easy one! VP for me.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

One more vote for the Pilot Custom 823, because it writes and works so beautifully and reliably, is well balanced, and has a simple elegant look. Travels well on airplanes because of the safety shutoff.

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.--Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis", 1776

Another for the Custom 823.

Love the fill mechanism, smooth M nib and the general feel of it in your hand.

And the classiness of the look

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3252/3157773197_46e4d8e78b_o.png

"Words dazzle and deceive because they mimed by the face

But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare"

--Guy De Maupassant

• 2 weeks later...
Sort of the one that you would pick to write with forever! Not the most expensive or one with the greatest history but the one you would choose to write with.

curious,

Kurt

The Namiki Yukari Royale just shades it over the Sailor King of Pen, but both pens are terrific.

Got to be the VP!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Oddly enough, it's a Pilot 78G in Teal with a BB. I love that pen so much that when it comes down to it or an M800 for the day's tasks, the Pilot goes in the shirt pocket and the Peli goes in the back-up case.

What? You thought that a Pelikan gets left out of the party all together? :rolleyes:

"If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith."

-Albert Einstein

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

BP/Pencil set trade

Sailor Pro Gear w/ H-F nib. Got it here, and haven't been able to find a spare that's got exactly the same feel...seriously made me think about selling the rest off, and only having one pen. That thought did pass, though.

-George

Custom 823 is hard to top.

Pelikan:M205 DemoLamy:2000,Safari,Al-Star,1.1 JoyPilot:3-78G's:B, M, F

Parker:51"Special"Stipula:Ventidue(new version)Rotring 600Sheafer:Snorkel

This is a really hard choice, because the Japanese pens are hard to beat. I like the Sailor King of Pen, the Danitrio Mikado, and any of the Pilot Custom series that use their No. 15 nib.

CharlieB

"The moment he opened the refrigerator, he saw it. Caponata! Fragrant, colorful, abundant, it filled an entire soup dish, enough for at least four people.... The notes of the triumphal march of Aida came spontaneously, naturally, to his lips." -- Andrea Camilleri, Excursion to Tindari, p. 212

These are all favorites, but the second one from the left is the best writer. I love it. I'm a sucker for bori's.

http://www.custombindes.com/photos/bori2.JPG

Those are beautiful - what are they (apologies for my ignorance!)

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Can there be three?

My Sailor 1911 "large" Red/Black with H-MF nib.

This pen was upgraded by Michael Masuyama. It writes smoothly, is well-balanced, and always makes me smile when I look at it.

Nakaya - Aki Tamenuri Cigar Portable Size and Heki Tamenuri Piccolo - nibs by Mattishaw - is there more to say?

Edited by Inkstain

My Nakaya reddish black tamenuri with elastic music nib. The finish has impeccable color and depth, and the nib is wet, juicy and lays a beautiful line.

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

I like the 78G pens, no question, but my favorite would have to be my only: Pilot M90.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

These are all favorites, but the second one from the left is the best writer. I love it. I'm a sucker for bori's.

http://www.custombindes.com/photos/bori2.JPG

Those are beautiful - what are they (apologies for my ignorance!)

They're all Japanese eyedropper pens with ink shut offs. You have to slightly unscrew the blind cap so that the ink will flow. The finish/style is kamakura-bori. Save for the all black pen, there are multiple layers of lacquer applied to the pen and then the carving is done, revealing the different layers.

Chris

Custom Bindes

My Sailor 1911 with H-MF nib in black and rhodium. Just more comfortable to hold than my also great writing Namiki VP.