FYI: a new yellow M200 SE out there

saintsimon

Has anybody figured out what nib size Galeria-Kauthof is selling those with?

I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same color of plastic. The website calls it creme-gelb, like the Citroenpers box label says. What are the chances that Pelikan would have a slightly different tint of pastel yellow?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saintsimon

• piembi

• yellotrace

• diplomat

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anybody figured out what nib size Galeria-Kauthof is selling those with?

I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same color of plastic. The website calls it creme-gelb, like the Citroenpers box label says. What are the chances that Pelikan would have a slightly different tint of pastel yellow?

The annoying thing about Galeria-Kaufhof is that they sell all FPs except Lamys only with M and B nibs. If one wants someting else, one has to send it to the manufacturer for exchange.

I got mine from Galeria-Kauthof this evening thanks to a friend.

It has a medium nib, is writing well and it is really yellow.

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n380/cfwpb/m200.jpg

I think I am becoming very fond of Pelikan as it is my sixth (M200/205/215/600/805 and Pura) :D

I've dithered about buying a Pelikan for a while now, but when I read this thread I knew that it was time to take the plunge!

A friend in Munich has ordered it, and will post it over to the UK soon. Fantastic! I'm excited, and thanks to saintsimon for bringing this to our attention!

cheers

Andy

Ok, I need one of these. I've been looking for a good yellow pen, and this seems to be it! Is there anyone who can help me buy one?

swduncan.com

recordingthoughts.com

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I got mine from Galeria-Kauthof this evening thanks to a friend.

It has a medium nib, is writing well and it is really yellow.

That looks like the yellow of the Citroenpers I have. I think it of it as banana yellow compared to the yellow of the Sailor 1911M for example.

I do recall hearing of this pen some time back. After seeing the above pic, I imagine it's just the Citroenpers with minor changes. That's good because now I don't wish I had it.

I think the picture earlier in the thread is of such poor quality that it's throwing me off. Does yours have a gold band on the piston knob end? I think I see that. The earlier pic gives the cap a rounded look and makes it look as if the ink view is unusual. Your pic reveals that there are little if any differences. BUT - without being able to compare them side-by-side, can't be sure about the color.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Just for the record:

The German Galeria-Kaufhof department store offers a new M200 in yellow resin, gold trim and black cap top for € 39. It seems to be exclusive to them, so it may be an SE. Those, who bought it, say it is not identical with the Citroenpers LE yellow, as the number of chicks in the logo is reduced to one, the yellow shade is different and it is not numbered.

[please, please, no requests for help to get it! I don't want to disappoint anyone]

BTW, you still find the M605 in blue/silver at a price of 99 EUR (normal price should be more like 249 EUR?), at Kaufhof, have hunted for this and found them in 3 stores in the wider area. From time to time, they seem to sell-out stock at these prices.

My best find so far was a set of M650 and D450 (still in black-yellow packing!). I paid the advertised price of 290 EUR. M650s haven´t been made for a while, and a D450 has price tags up to 380 EUR.

Mind you, these are run-of-the-mill department stores, they will normally know very little about pens. (Good thing too, a pen-aware employee would have got that 650/450 pair, probably with an employees rebateinto the bargain). They will not change nibs for you or order an exchange nib, which a "real" Pel dealer will do if he just does not have the pen in your nib width.

But I visit the ones in our area every other months, because these catches keep popping up. I have bought friends a couple of 605s that way. They also offer sets of M200 or M250 mit either a pencil or a roller at very good prices (49 EUR for a 200 combi, 75 for a 250 combi, that is cheaper than the current shop price of the pen alone!) I even got an old 250 with the round cap end and engraved logo that way (in darkblue/black, like my very first Pelikan piston filler I).

So if you are in Germany, keep your eyes peeled.

And yes, I got myself a yellow M200 a couple of weeks ago, too. Have been to busy to try it yet.

Have a nice on,

Ducki

todays selection: 625 Grand Place, Lamy 2000, slim-line pencil.

I think Germany is rising in my personal list of holiday places for the 2009.

Now that you got me, you should come out with some suggestion for persuading the wife... ;)

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

Is ist possibly the same yellow plastic as the new yellow M900 Toledo is made of?

According to the description on line it is the same color: Creme gelb. The same color description is written on the box for my Citroenpers.

Does yours have a gold band on the piston knob end? I think I see that. The earlier pic gives the cap a rounded look and makes it look as if the ink view is unusual. Your pic reveals that there are little if any differences. BUT - without being able to compare them side-by-side, can't be sure about the color.

Sorry, but I had not a lot of time since sunday :(

Mine has a gold band on the piston knob. The ink window is a clear one.

• 2 weeks later...
Henrik,

your PM does not work - "not activated" had been the error message. Just let me know if you need my help.

Here a picture of my pen:

Great shots!

JC3

I love this style of Pelikans but there's nothing about that color of yellow that would make me want to buy it, unless I could get for 10 bones.

Have you seen http://tinyurl.com/9nqx7f too?

99€ do not seem a bad price...

Pity they do not ship outside Germany.

New to Pelikans, what are precisely the differences between a M600 and a M605? Just color and the silver trim?

Ciao - Enrico

Diplomat #1961

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/enricofacchin/poker-3.jpg

Daddy, please no more pens - we need food, clothes, books, DENTISTRY...

Have you seen http://tinyurl.com/9nqx7f too?

99€ do not seem a bad price...

Pity they do not ship outside Germany.

New to Pelikans, what are precisely the differences between a M600 and a M605? Just color and the silver trim?

That really does look good! I wish I could order one of these from the UK!

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

Yes, MXX5 denotes a silver trim, indipendently from the color.

Andre

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

• 1 month later...

The speculations seem to be that this new yellow M200 is more or less the same as the citroenpers with the newer Pelikan cap logo(single chick).

Can someone verify this? I've seen several pictures of the citroenper, and I know I love that colour, I just don't want to get the new M200 and find out it's got a different shade of yellow.

The speculations seem to be that this new yellow M200 is more or less the same as the citroenpers with the newer Pelikan cap logo(single chick).

Can someone verify this? I've seen several pictures of the citroenper, and I know I love that colour, I just don't want to get the new M200 and find out it's got a different shade of yellow.

KCat hit it right on the head: "That looks like the yellow of the Citroenpers I have. I think it of it as banana yellow compared to the yellow of the Sailor 1911M for example."

I have both the the Citroenpers and the yellow Sailor 1911M and I agree about the difference in shades--to me the Pelikan is a little more lemony in color (which I like very much). From what I can tell from the picture on the first page and the German website, the M200 looks like it may be very similar (if not identical) to the Citroenpers -- the bands look like they are identical.

I'd try to jump on this bandwagon and get the pen from the German store, except for the fact that the M200 sounds too similar to what I already have. I've been very pleased with the way the Citroenpers writes.

I know I'll love the Citroenpers, I mean my id being "yellotrace" says a lot about that.

It's just I can't afford to get both the Citroenpers and this new M200, and I'm opted to get the cheaper one which is the M200 if it indeed has the same colour as citroenpers.

I'm not much for getting the LE for the sake of it being a LE, if the colour is the same, and the quality is the same, small details like the post-2003 logo on the cap don't mean much to me. Price is, however...

I'd love to get some kind of confirmation on this. Please :)

KCat hit it right on the head: "That looks like the yellow of the Citroenpers I have. I think it of it as banana yellow compared to the yellow of the Sailor 1911M for example."

I have both the the Citroenpers and the yellow Sailor 1911M and I agree about the difference in shades--to me the Pelikan is a little more lemony in color (which I like very much). From what I can tell from the picture on the first page and the German website, the M200 looks like it may be very similar (if not identical) to the Citroenpers -- the bands look like they are identical.

I'd try to jump on this bandwagon and get the pen from the German store, except for the fact that the M200 sounds too similar to what I already have. I've been very pleased with the way the Citroenpers writes.