• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikolaos

• Sblakers

• Frank C

• Algester

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

attend the Nihombashi Pen fair in Maruzen most likely thats your only chance to order one

I believe they do attend pen fairs and exhibits around the country -- haven't there been threads about how buyers get postcards when Ohasido visits the city + dept store they buy the pen from?

I love my Ohasidos and continue purchasing more, especially since they do come up with new designs. I have even given one to my sister, who enjoys it greatly too.

attend the Nihombashi Pen fair in Maruzen most likely thats your only chance to order one

Can you tell me when the next Pen Fair in Maruzen is going to be? I have always wanted to travel to Japan, anyway.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

a search on KN's site reveals 430USD-ish assuming the 100yen-1USD exchange rate (second hand but considering "second hand" Japanese goods means bought new and then resold after a few days unless vintage)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/万年筆の大橋堂/288941371293501

FB page of Ohashido

仙台市青葉区中央3-8-5-1008

Address

3-8-5-1008 Central, Aoba Ward, Sendai City (I'm not sure the translator isnt with me and I'm digging for info)

How to purchase a Pen from Ohashi-Do

Buy a plane ticket to Japan, find your way to Sendai, and walk in the store. If you don't want to go to Sendai, plan your next trip to Tokyo or another big city here around the Ohashi-Do pen event schedule at a department store found on this Web site. Ohashi-Do will not sell you a pen unless they can have face to face interaction with you. Since these pens are hand made, no two are alike, and they feel it is impossible to determine which is the perfect pen (in terms of balance, size, aesthetics, etc) for you without this personal interaction.

GOOD LUCK!

best way pen fairs... but even the fairs themselves are elusive to me... but perhaps I could dig around

all I know the ones that were held recently

Umeda Osaka

Mitsukoshi Nihonbashi

Maruzen Nihonbashi

Soon to be held

Nagasawa Pen Den (I'm not sure if Ohashido visit this fair)

Edited by Algester

$430 USD for what exactly? A black hard rubber pen?

yep for a BHR pen with sterling silver trim but varies from model to model but at least it should give you an estimate

but at least the accepted price is about in the 400-500USD range

Edited by Algester

a search on KN's site reveals 430USD-ish assuming the 100yen-1USD exchange rate (second hand but considering "second hand" Japanese goods means bought new and then resold after a few days unless vintage)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/万年筆の大橋堂/288941371293501

FB page of Ohashido

仙台市青葉区中央3-8-5-1008

Address

3-8-5-1008 Central, Aoba Ward, Sendai City (I'm not sure the translator isnt with me and I'm digging for info)

How to purchase a Pen from Ohashi-Do

Buy a plane ticket to Japan, find your way to Sendai, and walk in the store. If you don't want to go to Sendai, plan your next trip to Tokyo or another big city here around the Ohashi-Do pen event schedule at a department store found on this Web site. Ohashi-Do will not sell you a pen unless they can have face to face interaction with you. Since these pens are hand made, no two are alike, and they feel it is impossible to determine which is the perfect pen (in terms of balance, size, aesthetics, etc) for you without this personal interaction.

GOOD LUCK!

best way pen fairs... but even the fairs themselves are elusive to me... but perhaps I could dig around

all I know the ones that were held recently

Umeda Osaka

Mitsukoshi Nihonbashi

Maruzen Nihonbashi

Soon to be held

Nagasawa Pen Den (I'm not sure if Ohashido visit this fair)

I appreciate your help in these matters. I studied Japanese in school for two years, but I was never able to read it very well. When is their shop in Sendai open? It might be worth a trip!

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

I've bought an Ohasido from KN before. Excellent prices, even when using a mail forwarding services (and paying the commission)... assuming the service is fast enough. I've "lost out" on Ohasidos because I simply wasn't fast enough / the service understandably doesn't just wait around for me. It's like when a Hakase appears -- it disappears so quickly =(

KN seems (from limited experience, mind) to be very good with descriptions too. No complaints about my pen and it is still a favoured and hard worker in my array.

I appreciate your help in these matters. I studied Japanese in school for two years, but I was never able to read it very well. When is their shop in Sendai open? It might be worth a trip!

If all goes well check the times 1000-1600(following JP 24 hour format) Edited by Algester

ohh right I was informed the nibs from Ohashido are made by Sailor can anyone verify the feed if it is made by Sailor?

The nibs are certainly fantastic. I'd imagine the feeds are made by Sailor too. But of course, I do not and cannot know for certain.

I have my Ohashido for 24 hours now and I really like it. The build quality is excellent. It feels hand made somewhat like a Nakaya but less organic and with a higher level of finish. The ring on the barrel is solid 18kt gold. Based on pictures in FPOJ this pen was probably made late 80s to mid 90s. I will have to take some better pictures of it.

post-98793-0-60562300-1433801500_thumb.jpg