• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Judybug

• jmkeuning

• Titivillus

• MYU

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I love my RB pens as well. Sometimes you do need to use them over FP's!

I started liking BP pens again thanks to gel refills too.

Don't be hatin!! B)

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

The right tool for the right job. Fountain pens aren't up to every task. For others, your ballpoint/rollerball/mechanical pencil can fill in. :D

Yes but there are a few vocal people who say that FPs are everything and allthings then get huffy is you say otherwise :thumbup:

I carry several non-FP's for just such occasions, all favorites:

Cross Ion - cute little pull-it-apart-and-the-gel-tip-pops-out pen that's always on my briefcase keychain

http://www.atlaspen.com/images/productimages/static/zoom/cross_ion_gel_pen.jpg

Pilot Ageless - This exact one is clipped in my Rhodia pad cover 24-7. Two-step twist out, no top. Love it, love it.

http://www.joonpens.com/db_image/PI_ageless_P_white_bp.jpg

Rotring Initial BP, fitted with a Parker Gel - I've got 3 of them, 2 in storage, as they're all now discontinued. My all-time favorite, full-size BP ever model

http://penquest.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/rotring_initial.jpg

Skip

Skip Williams

www.skipwilliams.com/blog

I never leave home without my 51... Retro 51, that is.

I have always been a big fan of Retro 51 Tornado RBs, especially the Big Shots. As already mentioned, they work anywhere and anytime, you can lend one to someone without fear and they're (relatively) inexpensive but of high quality. I've always got my 51 with me.

I've got a blog!

Fountain Pen Love

This thread is hilarious! Particularly Robert's comment.

It's as Kurt says, though... some folks around here insist they wouldn't even touch a ballpoint pen.

Whatever.

I love my Delta Tuareg rollerball! Just returned from Italy yesterday -- hooray!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Yes :thumbup: someone else has seen the light that Fountain pens are not the end all and be all writing instrument .

:clap1: :eureka:

You guys are CREAZY.

Life is all about Fountain Pens :notworthy1: and anything else makes no sense !!!

Respect to all

I use fountain pens for Chinese because my Chinese teacher says that's "more authentic". (A brush would be even more authentic but that's too much work.)

I find rollers to be "authentic enough" for my day to day (English) writing.

I use fountain pens for Chinese because my Chinese teacher says that's "more authentic". (A brush would be even more authentic but that's too much work.)

I find rollers to be "authentic enough" for my day to day (English) writing.

I understand - I've had Chinese penmenship copy books that specify fountain pens.

Most days I can rely on FPs alone, but I always have a RB for those other occasions.

Looking for an Omas Arco Verde...the one that got away.

I have a Parker Jotter for my customers and for form filling (the car accident form for insurances is 4 layers...).

A couple of days ago I found a much funnier alternative: a cristal clear roller ball that works from international ink carts. You see the feed and the cartridge but the point is a RB, not a nib. Writes like a nice wet medium (no flex :thumbup: ) and costs 2,30 Euro...

More fun: I converted it to an ED, so it holds a ton of ink and you see it...

Ciao - Enrico

Diplomat #1961

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/enricofacchin/poker-3.jpg

Daddy, please no more pens - we need food, clothes, books, DENTISTRY...

I always have a black crayon for these tasks! It works marvels and beats all other childrens drawing instruments by a mile :)

Tul gel pen or Cross Century w/ gel refill for me. Both work splendidly, and are easy to carry around. I don't have to baby them at all. Just throw in the bag and go.

An empty can usually makes the loudest noise.

The right tool for the right job. Fountain pens aren't up to every task. For others, your ballpoint/rollerball/mechanical pencil can fill in. :D

Yes but there are a few vocal people who say that FPs are everything and allthings then get huffy is you say otherwise :thumbup:

What! On the Fountain Pen Network? Surely not!

Next, they'll be saying that the Republican National Committee has a bias towards Republican candidates and people get shouted down when they bring up how great the Democratic candidates are!

this inspired me to add an everday ballpen to my rotation. A Jotter for 6 bucks with the gel ink refill is all I needed. The gel ink makes a BIGGGGGG difference, I couldn't stand to write with or look at the regular ball point refill

The Fisher Space Pen is what led me to the world of Fountain Pens. I am going to pull out my Space Pen and start carrying it again. Thanks!

Before you judge someone walk a mile in their shoes. Then if you still judge them you will have a headstart and they will be barefoot.

I started with BPs also. I was given a MB BP and I got some Fisher refills. Then a Lamy Vista FP - it's been all FP all the time since then.

Until yesterday.

Fool: One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth.

I'm glad I'm not alone on this. I always, always, ALWAYS have a Space pen on. It has never let me down. I like my fountain pens, but when I'm laying down and want to write upside down in my Moleskine, I can.

C

A monkey a day keeps the bananas away. :)

Muji rollerballs for me, for those moments when FP just won't do. I was a fan of Pilot Hi-Tecpoints, but they're expensive and don't last very long, so I ditched that habit.

194? Parker "51" Vacumatic (Canada) 1987 Sheaffer TRZ-70 (USA) (gold electroplated) w/ Waterman Green 1997 Parker 45 Flighter Deluxe (UK) w/Waterman South Seas Blue 2006 Sheaffer Prelude (USA) (burgundy, gold trim) w/ Parker Quink Black

I've been to the Fisher pen website - drooling over the powder coated bullet pen. I didn't realize a "space" pen could look so classy. I can't find any info about the size of these pens. There are no dimensions given. Some of you have mentioned that these pens are small. How small?

Judybug

So many pens, so little time!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My Blog: Bywater Wisdom