Super sale on ebay+MSN 30% off, get your pens now

scoob

I know. It's totally insane.

Fool: One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmkeuning

• thibaulthalpern

• Univer

• Siv

Heads up- My brother texted me to let me know that the limit per ebay account is now TWELVE. I checked the terms and it's true. That's 6 more pens or ink bottles... or 12 for some I guess :roflmho:

Now we'll all get a little money back just in time for Christmas.

Edited by scoob

WOW! If you do not use this, you are losing money.

BTW, my Epson R2400 came today.

Fool: One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth.

I can't seem to get the ebay links when I do a search. Anyone know a search string that'll get me in? I used to search for Namiki and that would work...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

OK, that just took FOREVER. I basically threw the dictionary at the dang thing.

Finally got the 30% with:

pc speakers

So, click the ad at the top of the search.

Once you get to ebay, you will see the 30% logo at the top of the page. Run your search for Namiki, use a buy it now, see the discount.

Well I managed to get two more things last night using "pc spealkers" and the search is back to showing ebay with my usual words as scoob points out. Now the problem is that when I link into ebay the cashback offer isn't there. Normally there is an icon at the top of the page telling you that you can get cashback but now when I click through the link, that icon has gone and the caschback doesn't work...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

Hi,

Same problem here - I click on the sponsored cashback link in the live.com search results, but when I arrive at eBay there's no 30%-off banner. I've tried both Firefox and Safari (running Mac OS 10.4.11).

I've tried several different searches, pen-related and non-pen-related.

I'd welcome your suggestions!

Cheers,

Jon

Thanks for the tip! I purchased a Visconti divina desert springs rollerball for 225 and free shipping. micrososft gave me 67.50 in cash back in my paypal account.

Thanks so much

I don't know if you guys check out ebay :)

but MSN live and ebay are doing a sale. Search an item like "namiki vanishing" on "www.live.com" and click on the link with a 30% banner on it which will lead to ebay. Purchase a buy it now item, making sure the 30% banner is active and make sure again that the appropriate saving is listed and you are set.

Details here : http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html?_trksid=m38

Don't know how long it'll last but I picked up a Raden for 204.40 shipped and a Fermo for 148.

Good luck.

I just purchased a $37.00 Rotring 600 Newton and received the 25% discount. I received approximately $9.00 dollars back. Thanks again for sharing this wonderful information with the rest of us. I hope it doesn't end soon.

Hi All,

Happy to know that my earlier problem was just a temporary glitch.

One question: does anyone have any idea whether this promotion applies to accepted "Best Offers"? Auction transactions are excluded, but I can't find a reference to Best Offers - which are still, in essence, Buy-It-Now purchases.

Cheers,

Jon

I've having trouble getting my 2nd purchase with the cashback. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if something is wrong with either eBay, PayPal, or live.com (Microsoft).

So, I do a search on live.com, I get the cashback logo and get to eBay. I click on Buy Now and the cashback logo is still there and the cashback is applied to the item ($54 or so). When I click on Pay Now (cashback logo is still there), I am asked to logon to my PayPal account which I do. The next screen pops up and says "This Item is not Eligible for Cashback" and it says I must use my PayPal account to purchase the item. Well, I am using my PayPal account to purchase the item. On the same page there is a listing for the subtotal, shipping, total, and then below that Cashback for $54 or so. But I'm not clicking on the "Confirm Payment" button until I know I am actually going to get cashback!

Any advice?

I went through eBay live help and they told me to contact PayPal which I did. Then I sent through two Papal Customer service representatives and then one supervisor. Finally the supervisor tells me this is a live.com issue and not theirs and so finito with that one. I'm now waiting online chat help with live.com and see where that takes me.

I'm pretty sure my PayPal account is linked to live.com because my earlier purchase 3 weeks ago was made from that account AND when I check my live.com cashback account, about $50 is waiting to be sent to me after the waiting period.

So what's going on??

m( _ _ )m (– , –) \ (^_^) /

I've been in tech support with eBay, PayPal, and live.com for about oh...3 hours. LIve.com finally tells me this is a technical glitch with PayPal. Hopefully it is because then at least we know where the problem is and that it can be fixed. In the mean time, I have an eBay item that is "pending payment" and if this doesn't get solved in a couple of days, I'm afraid winningpen is going to think I'm a flake! I'm not paying the the item I clicked on without the cashback.

Edited by thibaulthalpern

Check out some of the issues I found on the web about live.com cashback problem and PayPal problem.

If my last transaction with winningpen goes through with the cashback, this might be the last time I ever use this cashback system again. It's not worth it to be in limbo like this and to have a seller waiting for his payment and me wondering when it'll be solved if ever for my particular transaction. This is silly. With the cashback thing, I am in the process of buying a pen that generally I wouldn't because it's much too expensive in the regular price. So, the cashback thing has to work for me to buy it or else I'm not.

Again, here are some issues people are experiencing (see below) although from what I can tell it isn't exactly what I have experienced. Many of these are people saying that the cash is not being refunded. And worse, for some people, Microsoft has later rescinded the cashback because they said "we have discovered your item is not eligible" and this is AFTER the cashback logo was on the page and said was eligible and payment made:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.ph...=0&t=914014

https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=23896

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/844178

Here is an update at 9:31pm (GMT -8hrs):

I talked to eBay customer service representative again tonight. I spent 3 hours with eBay rep, PayPal rep, and live.com rep this afternoon. Boy, all this just to get $54 cashback.

The latest news is that eBay engineers are acknowledging the problem. That's an important step because I was given the run around earlier this afternoon. eBay said it was PayPal's fault, PayPal said it was live.com's fault, Live.com said it is PayPal's fault. Exactly like that, the run around.

So, Maria, eBay rep said this tonight:

Please don't worry, this item is eligible for cashback but the message that you are getting that it's not eligible is a site issue now.

9:15:29 PM PDT Maria I.

This issue had already been reported and our engineers are currently working on it. Please be assured that this will be resolved soonest possible time.

9:15:46 PM PDT Maria I.

You can try paying for the item after 24 hours.

Let's hope it's all solved by tomorrow night! In the mean time, I hope my seller isn't thinking I'm a flaky buyer!

Oh, I believe her when she says eBay engineers are working on it right now. I used to date a software support engineer and he was really basically on-call so that he could solve the company's tech issues that the customer reps could not. And sometimes, he'd find there is indeed a bug and need to stay up all night solving the bug or starting the process to solve the bug with other QA engineers. Nasty! :)

Glad they are working on it, and good to see you got some assurance!

I've got some cash back pending and I can still access my live.com account, so I'm crossing my fingers nothing weird happens when cashout time rolls around.

I also noticed that the number of transactions allowable through the cashback offer has increased from 6 to 12 (YMMV, might want to check the latest user agreement to verify). Now if they'll only go back to offering 30% or more, not bad!

Wassup wid that, homes? Looks like you're WANT to feel the hurt. -ethernautrix

All very interesting. Thanks, thibaulthalpern, for posting updates (and for surfacing the problem here in the first place).

I just had the same experience: Cashback logo showing when the item was purchased, but "ineligible" message showing when I paid for it (along with a statement of the cashback I had earned by buying that ineligible item).

Unlike you, I proceeded to pay for the item; it was a good deal irrespective of the rebate. Immediately thereafter, I did receive an eBay message confirming the cashback amount (which I took as a positive sign).

Having a free moment, I did call eBay to ask about the matter. The eBay representative to whom I spoke told me that the dispositive fact was the receipt of the message confirming the Cashback transaction; as long as one receives such a message (according to this gentleman), one can be confident that the rebate will be forthcoming.

In any event, I am deferring, for a day or two, at least one future purchase I was seriously contemplating strictly because of the cashback incentive.

Cheers,

Jon

Well, I'm not so sure now that they are actually working on it. Early this morning I was on eBay's Live Help again and the rep spent like 30 minutes on my problem researching what he could find out including from his colleagues. I was pretty much staring at a blank screen waiting for the reply. He told me he couldn't find anything wrong and that I should fill out a technical error report at

http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Site...&category=5

(Click on Contact Us at the bottom of the page)

That's what I did am I'm hoping they actually are going to address the issue.

I also started a discussion topic for this issue on eBay's Community Forums:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?thr...d=1225228230913

Cheers!