Sailor Pro Gear LE made especially for YOU!

youstruckgold

Start with the basic colour & we'll ask more later  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What Colour would you like to own?

• White
    • Green
    • Purple
    • Blue
    • Orange

Sorry, I voted before I read the first post. You can subtract one purple vote as I won't be buying one of these pens. I just bought this one (my favorite color).

-Gawain

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x75/gawain33/sailor4.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x75/gawain33/sailor1.jpg

Edited by Gawain

Thoreau "for every thousand hacking at the branches of evil, there is one chopping at the root"

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kay

• JJBlanche

• sumgaikid

• youstruckgold

Since I expect to spend some money at London Writing Equipment Show in October, I don't vote this time.

I have collected some pictures of Sailor pens. Hope these might help you choose the colour.

[ Orange, Metal Blue, Yellow and Demonstrator,Navy Blue, Black and Red ]

post-10737-1221343605_thumb.jpgpost-10737-1221343589_thumb.jpgpost-10737-1221345473_thumb.jpeg

post-10737-1221344017_thumb.jpgpost-10737-1221343621_thumb.jpeg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg241/pensforfun/ultraman.jpg

Since I expect to spend some money at London Writing Equipment Show in October, I don't vote this time.

I have collected some pictures of Sailor pens. Hope these might help you choose the colour.

[ Orange, Metal Blue, Yellow and Demonstrator,Navy Blue, Black and Red ]

post-10737-1221343605_thumb.jpgpost-10737-1221343589_thumb.jpgpost-10737-1221345473_thumb.jpeg

post-10737-1221344017_thumb.jpgpost-10737-1221343621_thumb.jpeg

We should get some mixture, similar to that Red/Black model above.

What, nobody likes green?

Of the votes so far it's still a close thing with 10 votes separating 1st from second:

Blue 27%

Purple 21%

Orange 19%

Green 17%

So Blanche, there is still a strong green contingent :happyberet:

Edited by youstruckgold

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Green would be my only choice; something like this (reposted from the original thread):

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Sailor/GREEN.jpg

almond green

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Sailor/gREEN1.jpg

jade green

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Sailor/Green2.jpg

bright green

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Sailor/green3.jpg

lime green

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Sailor/Green4.jpg

olive green

Michael

Green would be my only choice; something like this (reposted from the original thread):

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Sailor/GREEN.jpg

almond green

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Sailor/gREEN1.jpg

jade green

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Sailor/Green2.jpg

bright green

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Sailor/green3.jpg

lime green

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Sailor/Green4.jpg

olive green

Michael

Nice green selection there Michael,I like the olive green.

Respect to all

We've got more than 24 votes, but we also have to figure that some will drop out because they don't like the specific shade of blue or green or whatever ends up being chosen, plus some have voted without intending to buy at all. Still, I think this looks like a definite "go" I think! :clap1:

Besides, 24 is a minimum, we can actually order as many pens as we want, I think.

Danitrio Fellowship

I voted blue--Can I change my vote to olive--very nice!! I don't own a Sailor yet--would love for it to be this one!

www.stevelightart.com

You can vote for as many colors as you would find acceptable. For example, if you would buy one if it's olive, or you would buy one if it's some kind of blue, you should mark your vote for green AND blue. We aren't necessarily going to get the favorite of the largest number of people here, we're looking for the one most people would actually buy, even it if might be their second choice. Hopefully that will also be the favorite of a large number of people too.

By the way, I also love the olive, and I voted green and blue.

Danitrio Fellowship

Is there a particular reason as to why the trim is limited to Rhodium? The olive pen might look nicer in gold..perhaps not, but maybe so. (Cue photoshop) Also, will this proposal ever leave the pie in the sky stage of development? I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, just curious, as I'm considering buying a new pen, and this one may be it (although I'm not going to save myself for this pen if it's never going to happen).

Edited by JJBlanche

I think at this point someone should take the helm, and get PM's from people that are actually serious about doing this, and ask what their color preference is. As is obvious at this point, people have voted without bothering to read the first post. No harm in that, but, again, if this is a serious movement, someone needs to step in and get serious about it. Also, we need to determine which country most of the orders are going to, as that is where the bulk order of pens should be shipped. Then, one needs to determine what the cost of shipping would be (including packing materials, insurance, etc) to get the pens from their first destination to the final destination.

I'd be happy to step in and administer the whole thing, but I'll probably need a liaison between myself and the gentleman in Japan who takes care of the order (as my Japanese is not that great...nonexistent, in fact). I don't mean to nominate myself, but I feel that I've have had more than enough experience at this point shipping pens world-wide. Plus, I've built up a rapport in the marketplace, so that people can feel comfortable with the fact that they will indeed have their pen delivered. However, if someone else wants to take the reigns, by all means. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling.

Forgive the enthusiasm, but I feel at this point that there is certainly enough interest to make a move, and unless someone steps to the plate, this will be another "what if" discussion that goes no-where.

Edited by JJBlanche

I think at this point someone should take the helm, and get PM's from people that are actually serious about doing this, and ask what their color preference is. As is obvious at this point, people have voted without bothering to read the first post. No harm in that, but, again, if this is a serious movement, someone needs to step in and get serious about it. Also, we need to determine which country most of the orders are going to, as that is where the bulk order of pens should be shipped. Then, one needs to determine what the cost of shipping would be (including packing materials, insurance, etc) to get the pens from their first destination to the final destination.

I'd be happy to step in and administer the whole thing, but I'll probably need a liaison between myself and the gentleman in Japan who takes care of the order (as my Japanese is not that great...nonexistent, in fact). I don't mean to nominate myself, but I feel that I've have had more than enough experience at this point shipping pens world-wide. Plus, I've built up a rapport in the marketplace, so that people can feel comfortable with the fact that they will indeed have their pen delivered. However, if someone else wants to take the reigns, by all means. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling.

Forgive the enthusiasm, but I feel at this point that there is certainly enough interest to make a move, and unless someone steps to the plate, this will be another "what if" discussion that goes no-where.

I agree that there seems to be enough interest and enthusiasm for this to go forward, and I appreciate your willingness to help out.

I think we need a new poll, one to choose the exact shade of blue we are looking for. It would help if we had a nicely done set of options like the amazing green set made by one of the green fans. I would suggest blurple and aqua options. Actually, the next step should probably be to start to compile a set of blue preferences before doing the poll. I think you are right that we also need to start compiling a list of people who are serious about buying one of these. It would also be immensely helpful if we could find out whether we will be able to have metallic flake and/or "skeleton" options like the other LE pens that have been produced (Spring Blue and White; the Hougado colors).

James Partridge of Pear Tree has volunteered to handle the logistics of collecting pre-paid orders and shipping (thank you, James). Really, thank you to everyone who has instigated, encouraged, and supported this project, and to those who will participate in the future.

Edited by Kay

Danitrio Fellowship

Not that I have anything against blue...but wasn't the last FPN pen blue as well?

...I'm not sure I'd buy a blue Pro Gear, I'd probably have to see the pen first.

Edited by feiye

In rotation:

Pelikan M400 with Pilot Iroshizuku Momiji

Nakaya Kuro-tame Desk Pen with Platinum Blue

Visconti Van Gogh Maxi with Aurora Black

Twitter: @souveran

Not that I have anything against blue...but wasn't the last FPN pen blue as well?

...I'm not sure I'd buy a blue Pro Gear, I'd probably have to see the pen first.

Yep It's been a fun ride but I'm off this train if it ends up blue.

Kurt

Well, this is not an "FPN" pen, officially. The FPN pen was a light blue cracked ice finish, so not a strong blue. There are many varieties of blue, and of course no one is proposing that we choose the standard Sailor blue color.

This is very much a matter of taste, and naturally each of us has particular shades that we like and dislike. This kind of deal will inevitably result in the choice of a color that will be tolerable to as many as possible, but will be the first choice of a smaller group.

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.--Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis", 1776