Sailor Pro Gear LE made especially for YOU!

youstruckgold

Start with the basic colour & we'll ask more later  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What Colour would you like to own?

• White
    • Green
    • Purple
    • Blue
    • Orange

On Ujuku's website, he says that Sailor is willing to make custom colors of Sailor pens as long as the order is $5000.00. If we order Professional Gears at $215 each, then we would only need about 24 people to get it done. There has been a big discussion about this on the Market Watch thread, and much excitement. So now we're asking you for colour preferences - Please don't vote if you don't think you'd buy. Thanks for voting. :thumbup:

If this works, we'll have a pen that those who contributed here will have had a direct role in choosing - fun!!!

Edited by youstruckgold

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kay

• JJBlanche

• Titivillus

• youstruckgold

I didn't vote, because the pen is out of my price range, but it is a great idea. Just wondering, without having done any research, if there was a less expensive model that could be made, maybe more could afford it. Either way, great idea. It's interesting to see which colors are coming out on top.

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

Are those colors the only choices offered by Sailor? Two of those colors already exist in the 1911/PG line, albeit maybe not in the same shades. Shouldn't an LE version be different from the regular line? Burgundy might be a very popular choice. I would buy a dark chocolate version, but suspect it would not be popular among the majority.

BTW, the price is okay with me (assuming the pen is unique and not a PG color I already have)

Bill

Edited by Bill

I haven't voted yet because--

1)I'm waiting to see if I have to pay for an orange Sailor Sapporo on smj(the seller won't contact smj and they're

giving them 14 days);

2)I have a Sapporo that I'm willing to sell(great writer but too small for my hand)--M nib;

3)I may have to sell a few more pens to generate some of the funds(if anyone's interested).

If I did vote in the poll,my 1st choice would be purple,though I'm sure I'd be one of the scarce few that would

want that color...................

2nd choice would be green or blue(dependent upon shade)...........

John

Edited by sumgaikid

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

On Ujuku's website, he says that Sailor is willing to make custom colors of Sailor pens as long as the order is $5000.00. If we order Professional Gears at $215 each, then we would only need about 24 people to get it done. There has been a big discussion about this on the Market Watch thread, and much excitement. So now we're asking you for colour preferences - Please don't vote if you don't think you'd buy. Thanks for voting. :thumbup:

a painfully bright orange pen something that is guarenteed not to be easily misplaced or taken from my desk!

that's what I vote for.

Kurt

Numbers tight so far. My favourite, White, the only one lagging behind :(

For those who say we don't want what we can already get - from our thread so far I am confident that we are looking to have a shade that is not what is already commonly available.

Keep votiing!

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I voted orange, because I love the color. I wear an orange hat every day. I can't actually buy one though. The money needs to feed my car.

Everyman, I will go with thee

and be thy guide,

In thy most need to go

by thy side.

-Knowledge

I voted orange, because I love the color. I wear an orange hat every day. I can't actually buy one though. The money needs to feed my car.

So, there you have it. Some people who vote in this poll will not buy no matter what the outcome. I vote for anything but white - which is already available in this model.

So, there you have it. Some people who vote in this poll will not buy no matter what the outcome. I vote for anything but white - which is already available in this model.

Hehe, I said, I won't buy it. But I'll certainly ask for it as a Christmas present from my folks.

Everyman, I will go with thee

and be thy guide,

In thy most need to go

by thy side.

-Knowledge

Who are "we"? Is this just an informal thing for some FPN people who may be interested? I ask because I see no admin involvement, and the answer to whether or not this is the next FPN LE pen would determine whether or not I'd buy one.

How about a clear pen? I'd favor anything with rhodium trim.

Stephen

Mmm, Sailor PG demonstrator with rhodium trim. :puddle:

Never mistake motion for action

- E. Hemingway

For those who say we don't want what we can already get - from our thread so far I am confident that we are looking to have a shade that is not what is already commonly available.

Keep votiing!

For the record: nibs.com already has PG's in orange and white. This isn't intended to burst anyone's bubble but to let

everyone know that those colors are already on the market.

They come only with rhodium trim. The difference in price is $12.00.

John

Edited by sumgaikid

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

Keep votiing!

For the record: nibs.com already has PG's in orange and white. This isn't intended to burst anyone's bubble but to let

everyone know that those colors are already on the market.

They come only with rhodium trim. The difference in price is $12.00.

John

Yes but what shade of orange do they have? I want an electric orange not a quiet orange :thumbup: or how about a mixture of colors!!! maybe an orange with white stripes!

K

Who are "we"? Is this just an informal thing for some FPN people who may be interested? I ask because I see no admin involvement, and the answer to whether or not this is the next FPN LE pen would determine whether or not I'd buy one.

I think 'we' is a group of people that sometimes post on FPN don't think that there is any FPN direct involvement except for running the site where it is being talked about.

But I can see how the name of the thread/poll would cause confusion.

Kurt

Edited by Titivillus

Exactly.