CONTEST: to celebrate Esterbrook's 150th Anniversary!

pb2

Here's the deal for the 150th Anniversary of Esterebrook contest!

Anyone can enter with these "loose" rules:

1) In about 150 words or less (less is good!) tell us what you like about Esterbrooks!

2) This should be handwritten with an Esterbrook, in any color(s) of ink you like, or heck, type it out!

3) Deadline is noon on Labor Day (September 1st)

Judging will be on all aspects of your "story" or essay, or poem whatever! It could be a very keen technical essay, or be as creative in your telling as you wish, (The Estie that Saved My Dog's Life and Won Me the Olympic Gold Before It Captured a Nuclear Sub Off the Coast of Milwakee ... you get the drift), and be creative in your penmanship, artwork, presentation, but be truthful about the Esterbrook(s).

I might have to edit this and add more as we go along in case I've overlooked something crucial.

Please hit me with any Qs you may have.

I encourage other prize offerings; Donors can choose the winner for their prize if desired.

My prize offering is more than just a gorgeous little highly polished blue Esterbrook, it's what I call...

...... ~ The Indigo Streak ~ ... Like I said, be creative if you want.

Ah yes... the Streak includes a Pendleton Point smooth, crisp cursive italic nib ( a rescued Esterbrook 2668).

Enter the contest or ask Qs/make comments by adding your reply below. Please feel free to say something appreciative about any of the entries.

That's all for now ~ Happy 150th anniversary Esterbrook!

Edited by pb2

pendletonspens.com

~ May the Lord smile on you ~

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pb2

• Marsilius

• EventHorizon

• MS3607

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is going to be a great contest. I will have to submit mine later in the week though.

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy, and a tragedy. - Mark Twain

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

This is going to be a great contest. I will have to submit mine later in the week though.

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if anyone would give it try. I guess if I really wanted to be generous I'd give an icicle away.

Edited by pb2

pendletonspens.com

Since i just stumbled upon my first Esterbrook, I'll give it a try.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember, amateurs built the ark.

Professionals built the Titanic.

absolutely! Hopefully I will have time this weekend. I love many pens but my Seafoam green "J" has a special place in my heart (collection). Great Idea!

I'd like to enter this one, myself. But then, I've already said my piece. I'll throw in a "specially autographed" copy of "The Fountain Pens of Esterbrook" as an additional award to the winner. I look forward to seeing what you guys have to say.

Best Regards
Paul

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
– Albert Einstein

I'd like to enter this one, myself. But then, I've already said my piece. I'll throw in a "specially autographed" copy of "The Fountain Pens of Esterbrook" as an additional award to the winner. I look forward to seeing what you guys have to say.

That is TOTALLY ROCKIN! :thumbup: THANK YOU! It is totally cool that you will be checking out the resposes too! May I ask you to be on the panel of judges? ... That would be me thus far, and you if you could?

I would like to offer the winner the choice of The Blue Streak, Or the AUTOGRAPHED COPY The Fountain Pens of Esterbrook and use the other as 2nd prize.

OK...do we have a 3rd prize offer??? A "cracked ice" would be nice. :rolleyes:

pendletonspens.com

Well, there's certainly no problem coming up with what I like about my Esterbrook. The trouble would be in keeping it under 150 words! :D

Ditto! Hey! We are practically neighbors! I'm in W-S.

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

Well, there's certainly no problem coming up with what I like about my Esterbrook. The trouble would be in keeping it under 150 words! :D

Same here but I will give it a go.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

US science fiction novelist & scholar (1920 - 1992)

There is probably no more terrible instant of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man--with human flesh.

Frank Herbert, Dune

US science fiction novelist (1920 - 1986)

My Pens on Flikr

Oh Yea....Welcome to FPN Hobiwan and AndiN

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

US science fiction novelist & scholar (1920 - 1992)

There is probably no more terrible instant of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man--with human flesh.

Frank Herbert, Dune

US science fiction novelist (1920 - 1986)

My Pens on Flikr

Who's counting? Just a guidline, BUT... you don't get more points for more words. =)

pb2

pendletonspens.com

Do you want entries posted or sent through PM?

Preferably post them to share. I'm sure we will all enjoy them. I think it's important. If you don't have "scan-ability", then please type them. Maybe add what you would have written with: PIP (pen, ink, paper)

Thanks!

pendletonspens.com

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n323/dystopianforhire/esterbrookopen.jpg

Congratulations JMW19 !!! You are the first to jump into the Contest!

Thanks for your fun, expressive thoughts! Adding a photo of you Dubonnet Red beauty is a plus! Also the PIP, (pen,ink,paper) is always interesting to us of course.

Thanks again!

pendletonspens.com

Here is my attempt!

post-7203-1219606318_thumb.jpg

Edited by JakobS

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

Congratulations JMW19 !!! You are the first to jump into the Contest!

Thanks for your fun, expressive thoughts! Adding a photo of you Dubonnet Red beauty is a plus! Also the PIP, (pen,ink,paper) is always interesting to us of course.

Thanks again!

Thank you for inspiring it - I hope there are many more. I know there are plenty of fans with the talent to top my submission, but I'll gladly take the honor of first post.

Jakob, that is delightful - I'd much rather see your nib than mine, though getting them to scan well is a miracle.

Best,

Jon

Edited by jmw19

Here is my attempt!

Great entry JakobS! I like the "mountain effect" or pyramid of praises with "Everyman's pen" at the pinnacle!

Rockin!

pendletonspens.com

Thanks! I enjoy the history and pens of Esterbrook so much I couldn't but help to celebrate it's anniversary in some small way!! And what a great way to do so by the way!!!

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA