For all my research on a Japanese Pen....

Bill Smith

I wind up going German. Regina Martini had Pelikan M800's a price I could not say no to, so I got a black one with a medium nib. Its not my first, I also have the classic green stripes with a fine.

Changing the subject slightly, I have noticed with several Avatars, there are some hard core fans of Pelikan. I have about 15 at last count myself, I wounder if there is enough interest to start a sub forum here focused on Pelikan? Thoughts, suggestions.

Bill

Edited by Bill Smith

"Life moves pretty fast, if you do not stop and look around once and a while you might just miss it."

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Smith

• KCat

• Betty

• Robert Ellis

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Japan pens! Which kind of pens were you researching?

I only have 2 Pelikans (3rd on the way). I think they are great writers, but I find that the ink colors are much lighter on the Pelikans than on other pens.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Hi Bill.

It's a subject we've been tossing around for a while. Admin is in discussion over forum additions at this time and as soon as we have decided what to do and how, we'll let everyone know.

My admin role aside, I am one of those hardcore Pelikan fans. :)

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Hi Bill.

It's a subject we've been tossing around for a while. Admin is in discussion over forum additions at this time and as soon as we have decided what to do and how, we'll let everyone know.

My admin role aside, I am one of those hardcore Pelikan fans. :)

How about a Pelikan and a Parker forum?

Cheers.

It's cold outside, I should get more pens.

Scary as I have as many Parkers as Pelikans. I was toying with a Nakaya but I think I am going to hold off until I get into my public relations career.

My Pelikan flock is as follows two vintage M400's, one 400nn, three modern 400's, three old style (small) M600's, two modern M600's(605), one Sanfransisco, one green stripe M800 and a solid Black on its way.

Bill

Bill

"Life moves pretty fast, if you do not stop and look around once and a while you might just miss it."

Ferris Bueller

Bill Smith's Photography

Hi,

I have an M300, two M200s, two M75s, and one L65. Really nice reliable pens!

I did make an MK nib from a Pelikan M for Penturner. :)

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

I have to admit that I have more Italian Fountain Pens in my collection than any other country of origin. A total of around 22 Italian pens in my collection. Followed closely by german pens, which I have more than 17 pens and 13 out of the 17 are Pelikans. I adore the simplicity of German pens along with the functionality of them. They are very conservative in style (or at least most of them) and they seem to fit in almost any occasion. As for Japanese pens, I own only 5 and since DaniTrio is NOT based out of Japan I cannot include the 3 of them in my collection. I happen to really like Platinum pens and yes Sailor has a special place in my collection.

A Pelikan Fourm would be nice but so would a Bexley, DaniTrio and Stipula Fourm. If there was a forum, I would be quite active on it, thats for sure!!!

TNS

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews