How Purple Will It Be?

scogre

Evidently the arrival of the new Namiki Vanishing Point Purple LE is about a month away. I am a fan of the VP, and I would like to get one. A lot of dealers are sold out already, but I may have a lead or two.

I had pre-ordered one of the blue LE's, what was that, about two years ago or so, and then I got a look at the color blue they had chosen, and decided against it (getting a Raden instead). When they chose to do the orange LE's I waited until they were available, and then chased one down. I am pretty sure that I will like whatever color of purple this pen will be, but I would like some reassurance, if that is possible.

So, how purple will it be?

Thanks!

Scott.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteadyHand

• Deirdre

• Siv

• HerosNSuch

So, how purple will it be?

I have not a clue in the world what color of purple it will be, but I do have it preordered. I'm hoping it's a darker purple, and not a lilac or some such. Regardless, I must have it!

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Who's taking Perorders? I want in.

Pelikan:M205 DemoLamy:2000,Safari,Al-Star,1.1 JoyPilot:3-78G's:B, M, F

Parker:51"Special"Stipula:Ventidue(new version)Rotring 600Sheafer:Snorkel

OOoh, looks like it'll go nicely with my Omas 360. :)

Bittner is taking pre-orders.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Hmm... Am I the only who thinks it looks "unqualified" to be an LE pen. The Ice Blue LE had a quality about it that stood out. The same could be said for the Orange LE as well. But this purple seems to lack something that I can't quite put my finger on...

Edited by Immoteus

Virtute enim ipsa non tam multi praediti esse quam videri volunt.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Contact Information for Japanese Manufacturers

Hmm... Am I the only who thinks it looks "unqualified" to be an LE pen. The Ice Blue LE had a quality about it that stood out. The same could be said for the Orange LE as well. But this purple seems to lack something that I can't quite put my finger on...

I don't know. I think it'll look nice next to my orange one. (It's back!)

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

I like this color of purple! I hope the picture is doing it true justice. Damn, I should have ordered two when I had the chance! But I guess I only need one, heh. ;)

Edited by kiavonne

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

I'm sure it'll be metalic in sheen. The orange, ice blue, japan turquoise and japan orange have all been metalic. Was the Mandarin Yellow metalic? All the decimos are metalic but the only other standard VPs which are metalic are the gunmetal and silver ones. All the rest are flat colours.

Only 2008 available world-wide; 900 in the U.S.

I'm sure there will be plenty to go around. Anyone have any idea what the MSRP for these are?

What was the MSRP for the LE Orange?

http://www.namiki.com/images/VP_2oo8_LE_fountainPen.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

I do like chrome trim on a purple pen and metallic purple is even better.

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

Can't one disassemble the VP and paint it any color they wish? After all it is just brass and paint. Maybe Cadillac Fire Frost, or whatever they used to call those spiffy metalics GM was using.

YMMV

Can't one disassemble the VP and paint it any color they wish? After all it is just brass and paint. Maybe Cadillac Fire Frost, or whatever they used to call those spiffy metalics GM was using.

Funny...I was thinking along the same lines. I dream of one in that Corvette anniversary red...a gold-flecked metallic, crimson-y sort of color. But this purple will do just fine!!! Purple is the color of life. :cloud9:

It's only an addiction if you try to stop.

Funny...I was thinking along the same lines. I dream of one in that Corvette anniversary red...a gold-flecked metallic, crimson-y sort of color. But this purple will do just fine!!! Purple is the color of life. :cloud9:

Or bright green gold metalflake...............

YMMV

I had considered spraying a VP matte black. As near to a Stealth as I am likely to get easily!

Haven't seen it yet so can't speak to metallic or not, but I know for sure that Art Brown in NYC has gotten their shipment of the purple LE. I had it on order with them and got a call today to let me know that it's in and available to pick up. I asked what the MSRP is and it's $215 this time - but tell them you're an FPN member and you should be able to get a discount (20%) - that is as per David, who I spoke to. (Usual disclaimer - I'm a satisfied customer who shops there often, but no affiliation.) Sorry if I'm being an "enabler", but on this one I think if you snooze, you lose...so I figured I'd get the word out. And BTW, I've been to the new Art Brown location on E. 45th St., and it's really beautiful - a complete transformation from what the old store looked like, which they had been in for a zillion years. Same great inventory of pens, ink, paper, etc., though.

Estelle

Most prized pens in my collection: Pelikan M910 Toledo LE (Historical Art Release w/Travel Ecritoire); Omas Paragons (Arco Brown, Arco Green LE, Blue Royale, Scarlet, Blue Senape LE); Omas Ogiva Demonstrators (All 4 Versions); Parker Duofold Cloisonne Mandarin Yellow LE; Pelikan M800's (Black w/14K nib, Blue Striated, Demonstrator w/Labels, Tortoiseshell); Pelikan Cities Series San Francisco FP & RB

Phew - I'm happy not to like the color. $200 saved!

"Life is too short, or too long, to allow myself the luxury of living it badly."

Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png