Diamine Damson

calliej

My handwriting skills escape me today but have been meaning to post this review for a while so here it is anyway.

My favourite colour at the moment - I love the deep muted tone that gives and antique feel to it.

Looks equally great on brilliant white, cream, ivory or even coloured papers - though I do have a beige marble that it dosen't look so great on it makes it look muddy.

Hope you enjoy....

post-17422-1216390434_thumb.jpg

So I'm opinionated - get over it!!.......No, really - get over it!!

Hmmmm I was going to put up a WANTS list - but that's too long as well ......

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calliej

• xena

• JuddRogers

• DanF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My handwriting skills escape me today but have been meaning to post this review for a while so here it is anyway.

My favourite colour at the moment - I love the deep muted tone that gives and antique feel to it.

Looks equally great on brilliant white, cream, ivory or even coloured papers - though I do have a beige marble that it dosen't look so great on it makes it look muddy.

Hope you enjoy....

Wow! Thank you. I've been waiting for a review of this color. I LOVE it! However, I'm a little concerned about the drying time; I'm a lefty side writer. Now if I can find a review of Diamine Teal. . .

Michael Chamberlin

Hope you enjoy....

Wow! Thank you. I've been waiting for a review of this color. I LOVE it! However, I'm a little concerned about the drying time; I'm a lefty side writer. Now if I can find a review of Diamine Teal. . .

I will review Diamine teal for you and post it later.

Drying times are comparable I would say - but the teal is 'thicker' if that makes any sense. I find it drowns me from my lamy 2k where as the Damson doesnt in the same pen.

I love it when people post ink reviews with different pens and nibs for comparison. :)

Thank you! A lovely color.

I find it has a good deep purple colour, though it is muted.... for me this means the bright edge has been taken off of it, in this instance i would say with grey tones.

So purple it definately is.....almost black in some pens, much lighter in others. But for a brighter more vivid purple its the Imperial you should go for....

Thanks CallieJ- I suppose I'll have to see it in person before making a decision, but it is extremely tempting. Looks a bit like the purple ink in the Signo Rollerballs- a favorite of mine

Hope you enjoy....

I really like the Damson ink and I have it in three of my pens at the moment. I like your description of 'a deep muted tone that gives an antique feel to it' Describes it perfectly for me.

Thanks for the review

David

Oooh, I might have to try this. Looks a lot like some of the vintage blue-blacks, at least from here. Anyone want to do a trade? A bit of this for some of any of these:

Pelikan Black, Blue-Black; Noodler's Black, Zhivago, Legal Lapis; PR Copper Burst, DC Supershow Blue; R&K Sepia, Salix; Lamy Blue-Black.

Aaron

WTB: Lamy 27 w/ OB/OBB nibs; Pelikan 100 B nib

• 3 months later...

Nice review, thanks! I have this, and it's a beautiful dusky purple - definitely more muted gray undertones than bright blues or reds. I'm using it on an 1940's Swan with a gentle flex nib and it does have lovely shading. I've also noticed that it's fairly waterproof - fades little and the writing is still visible without a problem (and this was on cheaper paper!) If you want a dark, dusky purple this is it (although Herbin's Poussiere De Lune is also in this range)!

A hot wind was blowing around my head, the strands of my hair lifting and swirling in it, like ink spilled in water. ~ Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin

• 3 weeks later...

To me, this ink is very similar to CdA Storm, but the Diamine has more depth and runs more smoothly.

Leonie

@leoniethomas18

To me, this ink is very similar to CdA Storm, but the Diamine has more depth and runs more smoothly.

Leonie

To me (on paper), it looks more like a copy of J. Herbin's "Poussière de Lune".

• 2 months later...

I have this ink in a Levenger TrueWriter Medium, and while it is lovely on my papers -- Rhodia or Clairefontaine, it bleeds mightily on student papers and even my nice 28lb laser printer paper, which is usually very good with my fountain pens. Do you think it is just the Damson, or all Diamine inks that have a tendency to bleed? I'll try it in a fine nib next.

Karyn

"I'm sorry, I don't let anyone borrow my pen."

• 8 months later...

To me (on paper), it looks more like a copy of J. Herbin's "Poussière de Lune".

I just got a sample of Damson. What I have is not burgundy. It is definitely a blue purple. "Poussière de Lune" seems to be a nice, muted burgundy or red purple.

Does anyone else find the Damson to be red enough to call it burgundy??

Judd Rogers Lamy Safari M Cursive Italic, 1.1 mm stub Pelikan 200 B Pelikan Go Rotring Initial M and B Waterman 32 Unknown Franken Pen

• 2 weeks later...

No, I wouldn't call it burgundy. To me it's a dark gray, with the faintest touch of muted purple. It's redder when it first goes on and is still wet, but then it dries very gray, almost black.

Dan

"Life is like an analogy" -Anon-

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l279/T-Caster/DSC_0334_2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here's another scan of Diamine Damson (compared to Diamine Claret)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/photoboris/DiamineDamson.jpg

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...