• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• antoniosz

• philm

• rhr

• chris burton

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the two "blue and cream" it is the one with the single ring in this post's first image

Here is a better image. The clip is inscribed Arrow in cursive with an Arrow going through the letters.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b325/azavalia/morton1.jpg

Edited by antoniosz

I am glad this thread made a new appearance and let me catch up on this little bit of pen history. Once again, Antonios, you have shown us some beautiful and lesser known pens. One of these days I have to get back to my old home town and get a tour of your collection.

J. Appleseed

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

• 2 weeks later...

All,

Another Morrison sub brand, I believe....

I just ran across a Nassau Lever Filler. I will post a picture in the future after it comes off the workbench. I am currently trying to get the section removed. The clip has the familiar "M" in wreath and the name "NASSAU" following. So, I believe Nassau joins Marathon, Morton, Arrow, and Roxy as Morrison sub brands

Does anyone else have any further brands to add, or disagree with these?

philm

• 3 months later...

Just to revive this old post on Mortons with some pictures of a new acquisition. A near perfect Morton Duet.

http://www.streamload.com/azavalia/morton_duet_small.jpg

http://www.streamload.com/azavalia/morton_duet_box.small.jpg

• 7 months later...

Here is another little Morton Duet set - a rather cute ring top model in fine condition with great colour. I guess it would be from the 1930's or so?

The nib is a 14K ~0.8mm stub which is too broad for my writing tastes, so this little set will live quietly in my collection, inside the coffin box case which has protected it this well so far. :)

post-22-1156571022_thumb.jpg

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection

May I add:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/RichKen/Morton%20Set/PIC00029-web.jpg

The stickers purported to be mint - eraser on pencil is very dirty however. The pen has no sac and may be mint because the section nipple is very clean. I was happy to find this (in my mind a Sumgai) and one of the few that I left the 2006 DC Supershow with.

Great thread - I searched here before but never found this thread.

May I add:

The stickers purported to be mint - eraser on pencil is very dirty however. The pen has no sac and may be mint because the section nipple is very clean. I was happy to find this (in my mind a Sumgai) and one of the few that I left the 2006 DC Supershow with.

Great thread - I searched here before but never found this thread.

Good to see you here, and thanks for the nice photo.

As for the search the FPN default is to search for the last 30 days.

Maybe we need to ask to change this.

AZ

Great Find RichKen - I have not seen a Morton Box like that - only Morrison's.

Here a few more Morton's, in much poorer shape

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/munsonhsr/dcp_3575_editeda.jpg

I believe the bottom pen is very similar to the one in your box - it is the same woodgrain, though my camera did a poor job.

philm

• 6 months later...

As I mentioned above the Morton pens in their boxes are marked as made by

Union Fountain Pen Co of New York. In the 1941 Annual Report of the FTC (http://www.ftc.gov/os/annualreports/ar1941.pdf) the Union Fountain PEn Co. is order to cease and desist of misrepresenting gold content and passing off regular merchandise as custom-built merchandise; marking up;

representing all repairs will be made without cost when a

charge is made for such service: fountain pens. smile.gif

• 2 years later...
As I mentioned above the Morton pens in their boxes are marked as made by

Union Fountain Pen Co of New York. In the 1941 Annual Report of the FTC (http://www.ftc.gov/os/annualreports/ar1941.pdf) the Union Fountain PEn Co. is order to cease and desist of misrepresenting gold content and passing off regular merchandise as custom-built merchandise; marking up;

representing all repairs will be made without cost when a

charge is made for such service: fountain pens. :)

Hi antoniosz, my name is Pablo and I’m writing from Argentina.

Many years ago my grandfather gave to me e golden pen (morton)

In the pen I can see “Morton 2, New York, siqual” is in perfect conditions and with they original box.

Other info I got from the pen is “18 ct pen”

The pen was purchased in Buenos Aires Argentina to a local store

I post here the pics.

I will really appreciate any information about this pen.

post-29396-1239461975_thumb.jpg

post-29396-1239462055_thumb.jpg

Hi Pablo your gorgeous pen is not related to the Morton pens that we are discussing here.

I think (I am not knowlgeable about this) that this has to do with A. Morton & Co. that George was talking about at the beginning of the post.

Hi Pablo your gorgeous pen is not related to the Morton pens that we are discussing here.

I think (I am not knowlgeable about this) that this has to do with A. Morton & Co. that George was talking about at the beginning of the post.

Hi, Antoniosz, thank you very much for your answer.

I will ask George, do you have any idea of any collector the may be interested on it?

Hi AZ,

You asked whether anyone could point you to or share information regarding Morton Pens. Are you talking about A. Morton & Co., a penmaker who made gold nibs and penholders, or another penmaker who made fountain pens?

Have you got any pics?

George.

Hi George, my name is Pablo and I’m writing from Argentina.

Many years ago my grandfather gave to me e golden pen (morton)

In the pen I can see “Morton 2, New York, siqual” is in perfect conditions and with they original box.

Other info I got from the pen is “18 ct pen”

The pen was purchased in Buenos Aires Argentina to a local store

I post here the pics.

I will really appreciate any information about this pen.

I asked Antoniosz, and he Sais that this pen could be related to the one you where asking for.

If you have any new information that you may share with me I will really appreciate it.

Thank you in advanced.

post-29396-1239462976_thumb.jpg

Pablo,

I had forgotten about it but you will find a some information about A. Morton pens in this old post:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...showtopic=14104

It is about the german company Kaweco but if you read it you will see the connection with A. Morton.